You got 1 minute, sell it to me!! Wilderness lodge

nd_stclgrad

Mouseketeer
Our 1st trip to WDW. Two kids, both under 12, and the wife. We were pumped to stay at the CR, but now it looks like we will be staying at Wilderness Lodge. I feel a little bummed. Help me get over it. Why should I be pumped about the Wilderness lodge?

WL is one of the most Beautiful Disney Resorts, Terrific Bus transportaion, Wonderful water launch to MK, Beach area where you can watch EWP at night, You will love the Geyser , Roaring Forks and the Arcade were my DS favorite places when we stayed there, Bunk beds if booked tick tick tick minute over :rotfl:

WL is one of the most Beautiful Disney Resorts, Terrific Bus transportaion, Wonderful water launch to MK, Beach area where you can watch EWP at night, You will love the Geyser , Roaring Forks and the Arcade were my DS favorite places when we stayed there, Bunk beds if booked tick tick tick minute over :rotfl:

I second this whole heartly and don't forget the easy walk or boat ride to Fort Wilderness to take in the Camp Fire entertainment and movie. Try Trails End for a meal you will love it. It is my Home when I can afford to stay here. Christmas Season as so awsome.

I just got back from the WL! I have stayed there as a second half to a trip, many, many times. I use it as a stand by resort!! lol I feel at home here and very comfy! I love the quick transportation by boat, and I just love the feel.
12/13 stays there. You should really enjoy it!!

I would pick WL lodge in a heartbeat over CR! So much prettier! So much nicer! CR does nothing for me! If it's your first trip, you haven't done Hoop-Dee-Doo. Make a ressie for that! Your kids will love it! You can take a boat to FW.

Just got back and loved it! Feels like you are far away in the woods, but you are only a 5 minutes boat ride from MK. Pool is great, CM's all friendly, quiet, relaxing but close to the action. Getting myself to stay anywhere else will be a challenge next time.

WL...great theming in my opinion, compact for a deluxe, rooms open to the inside which we prefer when it's raining outside, close to the action (MK, monorail resorts just a boat ride away, and Ft Wilderness for Hoop De Doo), beautifully kept grounds, bunk beds are fun for the kids!! We love it here!

I really thought I wouldn't like the WL as the themeing isn't really my cup of tea. I'd been there to eat at Whispering Canyon (which I love) but I had never really wanted to stay there.
I ended up there last month as I wanted a deluxe resort and this was the cheapest option. I absolutely fell in love with the place. Staying there is a totally different experience than just visiting to eat. Being surrounded by that incredible feeling of being in a (very nice, luxurious) forest is amazing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/siriusthinking/sets/72157624593077451

We too wanted to stay at the CR on our quest to stay at different resorts but
will be staying at the WL again.

Our first stay was last April and we enjoyed the WL. We made sure to check
out every nook and cranny at this resort. There are alot of hidden areas that
aren't obvious to those that just walk to their room. Just take the time to explore.
If you have the time, take the elevator to the top floor to view the lobby and
work your way down the staircases. See the chandeliers up close, take pictures at different angles I have the hidden Mickey book and just
looking around is fun. You can also get a sheet of the Hidden Mickeys at the lobby, your kids may enjoy doing that.
There's a viewing area one floor up above the front entryway. The boat ride to MK is enjoyable and at night and don't miss
the Electric Water Pageant (around 9pm) Just walking around at night is
pretty and relaxing. Enjoy.

http://allears.net/acc/faq_wl.htm#fact

Okay. We just got back from WL 8/26 - 9/3. While we had a wonderful trip, we will not be staying at WL again. Rooms were too small for us and DS has outgrown the bunk beds. We love the resort but we booked the CR next year....You will have a great time. The buses and boats were GREAT. We didn't wait at all the entire trip. The staff was wonderful but, as i said, the rooms are not large enough for us any more. :sad1:

We tried to book at WL for our trip this year (54 days to go!) and couldn't get in-that was my bummer moment.
We've been to Whispering Canyon Cafe twice and with two kids it is the place to go. The food is comfort and good, the wait staff gets crazy and if you want to be the center of attention, ask for ketchup.
Have fun!

WL is soooo great! Beautiful theming, and the boat ride to MK is not long at all, and is rarely crowded! It is the closest to the gate for the park too so you get in that much faster!

I would give my right arm to stay there this time.. but budget is dictating ASM :guilty: (I will forever curse that dang Harry Potter world). As you should, we will still have a great time because no matter what we will be at Disney!

Pros:
Absolutely jaw dropping theme
Boat to MK. I love coming around the bend and seeing GF on my left, the contemporary on the right and the MK right in front.
peaceful setting. after a long hot summer day in the parks, wonderful to come back too.

Cons:
Quick service. As with a lot of deluxes the emphasis is generally on TS.
Dark theme: Lots of browns, woodsy color. if thats not your thing you won't like it.

No one seems to have mentioned the pool. We stayed at this resort once, and though it is not my absolute fav, it is very beautiful.

I think my favorite part of this resort is the pool. It is truly beautiful, and I love how the waterfall goes right into the pool. It is really breathtaking as you are travelling by boat and pulling up to it, especially at night.

The rooms are just ok, although it seems as it they have refurbished them since we stayed there.

It really is a nice resort. I think you will like it.

Huge ditto to what everyone here has said they love about it. The boat to MK. The pool is awesome! It just feels like home to us. It's comfortable. The lobby is beautiful. Loved Whispering Canyon and Artist Point.

We would be staying there again this time, but could not get the room we needed for our party, so we're trying AKL.

You escape to a beautiful lodge in the middle of the woods on a lake away from all of the hustle & bustle of DW and then you realize I'm only a 10 minute boat ride or a 5 minute bus ride from the MK or a few minutes away from 4 other DW resorts to visit or dine. Two pools, three hot tubs, a relaxed atmosphere & one of the coziest lobbies in DW. I'll take a room for three please, oh wait I was supposed to sell you, sorry gotta run and make ressies for our next trip.........

one word: stunning! we booked last oct for april this year. i wanted contemporary and they got back to us with wl offer, so good we couldnt turn it down. i was very leery, its not what i thought was me. boy was i wrong when i walked in! it was simply beautiful, my jaw hit the floor.

we were told orginally it was not even designed to be a deluxe resort but a mod. well i can promise you, if it have merely been a mod, thats where everyone would be heading. enjoy, you'll be a convert in no time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!