You can no longer 2 ADR's for same time.

JeremyGNJ

none
Looks like they made it so that you cannot book two ADRs for the same time slot. When I tried to book one it said "you already have an ADR for that time slot, would you like to keep it or cancel it?"

or was it always that way? I've never seen it before, and I have some ADR's for the same day that are pretty close.

Either way, it's good so that people cannot book a whole bunch of ADR's, and hold them until the last day.

I think that is great. I think it is extremely selfish of people to hoard ADRs knowing that they aren't going to use half of them.

Yea, I'm sure a lot of the reason ADRs are hard to get is because people book 4 things for each time slot on the first day they can.

I've booked mine over the last couple of week, and its only on our last night that I have multiple time slots booked because I wasn't sure how we should end our trip.

Now that the restriction is there, I'll be forced not to agonize over it! lol

Poked around a bit more and it seems like the limit is 1-hour.

So if you have an existing 7:45 ADR, you cannot get a 6:45 ADR, but you can get a 6:35 ADR.

In Nov I was able to book 2 or 3 ADRs at the same time. I know this sounds terrible but we had a group of 14 and there were a few meals where we split up into 2 or 3 smaller groups.

For example one night some of us did HDDR, some did CAL Grille, and some did another TS that escapes me right now. I did some of the ADRs online and some on the phone. The times were usually at the same time or within fifteen minutes of one another. I always had to confirm with a credit card.

This is news? They've been doing it for a while now. I remember the site doing it last year and my trip in 2011.

I assumed it was new because as of last week I booked two ADRs on the same day. One at 5pm and one at 5:05pm.

Splitting your party is not the issue, you can still do that if you call, or make the reservations under different names. Making several reservations because you're indecisive is. Folks used to do this, and then because there was no penalty for doing so, they would just no-show to the ones they didn't want, rather than bothering to cancel them.

You can still be indecisive as long as you make your decision the day before.

I assumed it was new because as of last week I booked two ADRs on the same day. One at 5pm and one at 5:05pm.

It's not new, but the system is buggy. Apparently it had not been working in some time.

So in other words :scratchin....you're one of the people who's double booking and causing the problem. Be glad those 100s of replies you were looking for haven't come. They'd probably be jumping down your throat and blaming you for the $10 credit card guarantee that now affects us all.

ha! Probably. I just saw the other reservation come up for Ohana, when we already had California Grill. Both for a Friday night in may at 5pm.

So I grabbed the second one to ask my wife which to do. Will be canceling one tonight most likely.

It used to be this way, however I just booked our ADR's today and was able to book multiple ADR's for the same exact time, just changed the "lead" guest on the reservation. I assumed this was due to the fact of the new credit card requirement cancellation policy.

Before anyone calls me "selfish," we have a large party and some of the ADR's are due to breaking up the group into smaller groups and some of them are due to the fact that 1 part of our group may want to eat at one place and the other at a different place, but for the same time. Either way, it worked well for us. I was afraid I'd have to log-in to different email accounts etc. to get all the ADR's we needed, but it was actually much easier than past years.

Funny I was recently thinking about this as in the past you never could book 2 within the same hour or so. I always got that message cancel original and replace message.

2 weeks ago I did our sept. Ressies and then could book multiple!?!?!

I need to make changes later so I will test this. I say it's another MDE glitch that has no rhyme/ reason

It does glitch from time to time and let you do 2 at once. It did that to me like 2 weeks ago. But recently it makes me cancel one, which I prefer it doing since it saves me having to go back and cancel the one I'm changing.

I wish the website would give you the option of changing the time instead of having to cancel and rebook (or rebook and cancel). I mean I can kinda understand why it doesn't, but it would make it easier, well maybe, lol.

Up until one week ago I could do two for the same exact time or at least around it. Over the weekend it changed back to the 'you have a reservation' pop up. I was happy to see you could do multiple, assuming it was because of the cc guarantee. I will be canceling the ones I do not want soon but it was nice to play around with times.:confused3

For all of our trips in the past couple years it has always popped up with a message to let me know I have another reservation and asking me to cancel for the new reservation within at least a 1 1/2 hour window. The only exception I noticed with this trip was when I was booking a new time for the same restaurant. Then I had to go in and cancel it afterwards.

I don't think it's always wrong for people to make multiple reservations then cancel later. We were at WDW June 21-28 and decided to make a return trip for December 20-25. Our 180 day was before we made the decision, alas, I couldn't get exactly the reservations I wanted. No BOG dinner and nothing we wanted for Christmas Day. I am hoping to get either Chef Mickey's or CP on Christmas Day when someone else cancels, but in the meantime, have both booked for Christmas Eve brunch/lunch so that both are possibilities if the the other happens to become available that day. I'm sure lots of people do the same and it's their cancellations that allow those who miss the 180 day adr date to actually get some of the more sought after reservations. I'm sure someone will be thrilled when my Christmas Eve cancellation becomes available for them to snatch up :)

I've never been able to book two less than 1 hour apart. I do like the fact that if you try to change a time (for example we changed Narcoisse's from 7:50 to 7:55 - coming back from Universal and want at least an hour after they close)
the first reservation is cancelled as the second is confirmed.

We have a few double reservations on two sets of days, because we're just not sure which day we're doing which park. I booked them well after 180 days and the only one that might be considered "hard" is Le Cellier at lunch. I don't like doing this, but honestly, the current system gives me no choice. We'll set the plans at about a month or so out, and cancel the extras, hopefully giving somebody a nice surprise.

I noticed that the MDE app lets you make multiple reservations for the same time period....discovered it by accident when switching an ADR and it didn't make me get rid of the old one. It's been useful for my planning because we are a group of 10 and it saves me from having to call to make reservations so people can split off to eat at different locations at similar times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter