'You Big Fatty!' A delicious dining review- COMPLETE!!

mamaboogie

DIS Veteran
Hello All! :):wave2:

We are back! We have eaten soooooo much delicious food and I can't wait to tell you about it!

Let's jump straight back into the good stuff.

We were up at stupid O'clock and winging our way to Manchester Airport. After all the checking in and getting rid of the luggage we went for our ritual Frankie and Benny's breakfast.

Sarah and I both had the pancakes with maple syrup:

Disneyday1016-1.jpg

Kate had the omelette breakfast:

Disneyday1018-1.jpg

And Simon had the traditional breakfast:

Disneyday1017-1.jpg

This set us up nicely until we got onto the plane and had our main meal:

IMG_0489.jpg

There was a choice of lasagne, chicken in a creamy mushroom sauce and mushroom stroganoff. This was also served with smoked salmon and creme fraiche (yummy!) and a chocolate brownie.

Well, we survived the flight okay and managed to get checked in at Old Key West. We decided to go to Downtown Disney to eat - we had an ADR at Paradiso 37 which was a new experience for us.

We were led out onto the balcony - I was a bit worried that it would be too warm out there but it was actually quite nice watching the people of DTD go about their business. Even though we were very tired!

I decided to try one of these:

disneyday1008.jpg

I know what you're thinking....Shari's just landed in Florida and she's already on the cocktails - but this is actually a 'No-Hito' a non-alcoholic version. Don't believe me? Well, Sarah and Kate also had one! :goodvibes

We decided to share some nachos with a trio of dips - queso, chilli and guacamole. These were all delicious!:

disneyday1010.jpg

disneyday1009.jpg

And there was plenty for the 4 of us.

I had the fish tacos (which were grouper this day):

disneyday1011.jpg

I loved these - they were very tasty indeed. Lovely and crispy. But I was a bit too full after all those nachos...

Simon had a cheeseburger:

disneyday1012.jpg

Kate had the chicken sandwich:

disneyday10162.jpg

And Sarah had the chicken burrito:

disneyday1013.jpg

The food here was all very tasty - and just hit the spot for four weary travellers.

I managed a creme brulee for dessert ;) :

disneyday1022.jpg

And Sarah had the doughnuts and churros:

disneyday1021.jpg

By now, we were very tired indeed and we went back to our villa to dream of all the lovely food ahead.....:cloud9:

Paradiso 37 - Big Fatty rating: 7 out of 10

Coming up: Shari is re-united with her long, lost love.....:love:

:wave:Welcome Home, Shari!!! (and by home, I of course mean your "DIS" home :thumbsup2)

I'm ready and eagerly awaiting your three weeks of food. :worship: :cool1: :woohoo::banana: (and that doesn't even come close to expressing how excited I am that you have started your reviews) :rotfl:

Hi, I'm Shari's other (I refrain from saying better) half and thought I'd complement Shari's comments with my own thoughts on each meal (consider me the annoying commentary track on a blu ray movie...).
Paradiso 37 was a real surprise for me, it seemed an ideal solution to the first night dining issue due to its wide variety. However, I didn't have that high expectations.
As Shari noted, the patio is wonderful for people watching (as long as the weather is right, in mid-day summer heat I suspect you'd melt quicker than an ice-cream) and was a nice gentle introduction back to Disney.
The nachos were a big hit, generous portions with some flavoursome dips.
The burger was a real treat. A very good succulent burger which I'd highly recommend. My only proviso is the fries weren't that plentiful (highly unusual), however, this didn't spoil the meal given the burger was so good.
I'd certainly consider going to Paradiso 37 again and would recommend it.

Nice review of Paradiso Mama and Papa B!

Food looks good and the portions look huge!

great review - well done for managing to get to your dinner adr after such a long day - we always aim to and always fail.

Lovely to live in Scarborough by the way - that was my holiday destination as a kid :)

Hi, looking forward to your report, I loved the last one.

All good dining reports start with manchester airport :goodvibes

:wave:Welcome Home, Shari!!! (and by home, I of course mean your "DIS" home :thumbsup2)

I'm ready and eagerly awaiting your three weeks of food. :worship: :cool1: :woohoo::banana: (and that doesn't even come close to expressing how excited I am that you have started your reviews) :rotfl:

Thank you! It is so lovely to hear 'Welcome Home' again! Thanks for being excited! ::yes::

Hi, I'm Shari's other (I refrain from saying better) half and thought I'd complement Shari's comments with my own thoughts on each meal (consider me the annoying commentary track on a blu ray movie...).
Paradiso 37 was a real surprise for me, it seemed an ideal solution to the first night dining issue due to its wide variety. However, I didn't have that high expectations.
As Shari noted, the patio is wonderful for people watching (as long as the weather is right, in mid-day summer heat I suspect you'd melt quicker than an ice-cream) and was a nice gentle introduction back to Disney.
The nachos were a big hit, generous portions with some flavoursome dips.
The burger was a real treat. A very good succulent burger which I'd highly recommend. My only proviso is the fries weren't that plentiful (highly unusual), however, this didn't spoil the meal given the burger was so good.
I'd certainly consider going to Paradiso 37 again and would recommend it.

Papaboogie does occcasionally speak words of wisdom....

Nice review of Paradiso Mama and Papa B!

Food looks good and the portions look huge!

Oh the portions were enormous! They nearly did us in!! Great to have you here. :worship:

Great start. The nachos look good with those dips.

Looking forward to more!

The nachos were delicious - and there were hundreds of them! Thanks for reading :)

great review - well done for managing to get to your dinner adr after such a long day - we always aim to and always fail.

Lovely to live in Scarborough by the way - that was my holiday destination as a kid :)

Oh we are always determind to start the holiday with a good Disney meal! Even when we are falling asleep in it!

Hi, looking forward to your report, I loved the last one.

All good dining reports start with manchester airport :goodvibes

That's very kind of you to say so! :) Yes, we love the Manchester beginning to the holiday!

So we managed to drag ourselves out of bed the next morning, had some breakfast in our villa and got to our traditional first park - The Magic Kingdom! :cool1:

After lots of fun and frolics around the Kingdom our tummies started to rumble so we headed to our favourite CS place - Columbia Harbor House!

We just love this place for a bit of a sit down in the middle of a busy day. It's generally quiet early on.

I was going to be good and have the salmon and broccoli but somehow I ended up ordering the :

DisneyDay2035.jpg

The shrimp basket with fries! It was very tasty.

Simon had:

DisneyDay2036.jpg

The nuggets and fish combo. He really enjoyed it and ordered it again later in the holiday.

The girls came later and I did not get a photo of their food! Bad Shari :worried:

Sarah had her favourite - the tuna sandwich and Kate had the nuggets meal.

This place did not disappoint - it is still my fave CS place in the MK.

Later on, we caught the monorail round to the Polynesian to Kona Cafe. We had been there in 2010 and really enjoyed it. Me mainly because of this:

DisneyDay2065.jpg

DisneyDay2067.jpg

Yummy yum yum! Lapu Lapu! Love this cocktail so much.

The food was pretty good too:

DisneyDay2069.jpg

Pot stickers - very good.

Me and Kate had the coconut almond chicken:

DisneyDay2070.jpg

Sarah had the chicken noodles:

DisneyDay2073.jpg

Simon had the pineapple glazed New York strip steak:

DisneyDay2071.jpg

All the food was very good (and I was happy with my lapu lapu...:laughing:)

Simon and Kate had the Kilauea torte:

DisneyDay2076.jpg

Sarah had the pineapple upside down cake:

DisneyDay2075.jpg

And I had the coffee panna cotta:

DisneyDay2074.jpg

Once again we really enjoyed Kona Cafe and the service was very good indeed.

Big Fatty Rating: 7 out of 10

Coming up: Tokyo! Dining!

You have me over the moon that I booked Kona for Oct....your meal looks incredible and the coffee panna cotta...oh my goodness

I am definitely disappointed that we are not hitting Kona this trip, but I just can't make any more changes! Your meal looks really great.

Looking forward to Tokyo Dining ... we are planning to try it for the first time two weeks from today!

Welcome home Shari!
And welcome out of DISboard lurkdom Simon!

Good start to the holiday, I'm particularly liking the look of the coconut almond chicken, but perhaps without all that green stuff on the side...:rolleyes1

Lovely reports - I really need to try one of those lapu lapu's on our next trip :)

I'm in!! Everything looks fantastic!!! I don't think I should switch another ADR but this food looks awesome!!!:thumbsup2 Keep it comin'! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter