You Better Start Believing in Success Stories, You're in One! Nov. W.I.S.H Challenge

Lessons

I managed to get myself back to normal behavior and made good progress in figuring out what my winter happy looks like.

So lessons be gentle with myself always, but be persistent in going in the right direction. Some weeks are harder than others, but if the direction is right - it's all good

It takes awhile to get my head around maintenance, but I feel well on track and it's so much easier than weight loss. I didn't feel like t his month ago haha!

It takes a leap of faith to believe I have really changed, that I have learned the lesson of the past, that this will last, that I can be constant and the past isn't equal to the future. I learned that this time how I lost the weight was very suited to how I want to live and I guess I learned that it is possible, and I am able for it.

Post WDW vacation was very different than post Spain vacation but I learned I can manage both

And I am at piece that it will be consistent search of what healthy but happy living is and as life is about change and what makes me happy & and feeling healthy changes too. It's not reasonable to expect that the way I eat today or activities I do today will be the right one for me in 3 years.

Great month. While I am finishing it little up from October I can say I feel it was the most important month for me since November 2015 and I have great sense of content of how I handled WDW vacation, transition to maintenance and to winter. I don't think I have been as pleased with the result as this month!

I will check my final weight tomorrow, perhaps that annoying pound would like to go away! If not I will deal with it December

Last edited:
I am ending the month at 60%. I am ok with this. After gaining weight in the beginning of the month to losing 6 pounds being sick and only gaining 2 over the holiday and then ending up down 1.2 pounds, I did ok. It was a really rough month of being sick. I can not beat myself up over it.

I am doing a little bit better today. I slept most of yesterday. The fever is gone but I am still very tired and have the bad cough and congestion. I am going to take it easy the rest of the week in hopes that next week I will feel better and can get back to working out.

Do we have a link to the new month yet?

I'm finishing my short month 12%. Unexpected blip on the scale made me really depressed because I was expecting to be at about 70% and then I got dressed. Which immediately led to me changing into the special bra that comes out for exactly one day a month. Oh well. Maybe I'll start December on a better note!

More importantly, I woke up this morning with a mad craving for pineapple. I want fruit! Yay!!!

I am ending the month at 60%. I am ok with this. After gaining weight in the beginning of the month to losing 6 pounds being sick and only gaining 2 over the holiday and then ending up down 1.2 pounds, I did ok. It was a really rough month of being sick. I can not beat myself up over it.

I am doing a little bit better today. I slept most of yesterday. The fever is gone but I am still very tired and have the bad cough and congestion. I am going to take it easy the rest of the week in hopes that next week I will feel better and can get back to working out.

Do we have a link to the new month yet?

Good job! I hope you continue to feel better!

And I hope we have a new month too! I need you guys. :)

I am! Is it in Dublin? If you do it would be awesome to catch up! I will drop by to cheer for you!
It is in Dublin, I have never been so I am super excited!! I am just waiting for next year's school calendar to come out to make sure it doesn't conflict. I would love to catch up with you!

Hey - last day of the month! Thanks to our wonderful host for facilitating this groups forum - much appreciated!
Thanks, I was very nervous about hosting for the first time but it was much less scary than I thought :)

I think you also have the victory of being an awesome month leader. You inspired me, that's for sure!
Thank you! I am so happy to hear that I could inspire you this month!

More importantly, I woke up this morning with a mad craving for pineapple. I want fruit! Yay!!!
This is awesome!! I hope you have a magical vacation. :tink:

I can not beat myself up over it.
YES! Don't make yourself feel worse than you already do with being sick. You did great with what you were dealt :flower:

And I am at piece that it will be consistent search of what healthy but happy living is and as life is about change and what makes me happy & and feeling healthy changes too. It's not reasonable to expect that the way I eat today or activities I do today will be the right one for me in 3 years.
I am going to deem you the Yoda of our group :yoda: Your posts are always deep and insightful and this post is no exception!

I am woohooing that I feel a little bit better then yesterday and that I am down 1.2 pounds this month. I am also woohoo about my work. I love where I work they are great. I do not have any PTO to take right now unless I take a day from my vacation time at the end of the month. My boss let me work 4 hours from home and then just make up what I can the rest of the week. I am pretty sure he just did not want me to come in with being sick but still they are super flexible here. It is always family comes first too. I have had to rearrange my schedule at the last minute to get the kids because something happens where my husband is not able to get in time to get them. It is great to have a boss that understands families and that family is more important.

Hi everyone! I've been absolutely awful at being on here this month. Super busy. In fact, my dry erase meal planning calendar in the kitchen still says it's October. That's my life right now. Hahaha!

I have two woohoos-- First, I am so ready for Christmas. The tree is up and I have bought all presents for everyone in both mine and DH's family with the exception of only 3 people... and I may finish those today ---- and it's not even December yet! I am so ready to be on top of Christmas this year, minimize the holiday stress, and REALLY enjoy it!

I am also woohooing today because I met my goal for November and exceeded it. I not only maintained my pre-Italy weight, but I lost 1 lb.

As much as I would like to believe I was actively on track this month, mainly I met my goal because I have been sooo sick recently. There is something going around down here that is down right plague-like. I think I'm out of the woods now, but I am trying to maintain some smaller portions and keep up the fruits and veggie intake! So as a dry run for December, I've learned I need to put forth more effort to stay on track.

Thank you, @MommaoffherRocker for a wonderful month! I did go through and read all the awesome questions even if I wasn't answering them! :crazy:

Woohoo, it's Wednesday! And the last day of the month... how in the heck did that happen? Thanks MommaoffherRocker for doing such a great hosting job! I have a confession to make though... up until the beginning of November I thought your screen name was 'Momma of a Rocker', and kept meaning to ask which one of your kids was into to music ;).

Let's see, what awesomeness has been happening around here? We continue to have a nagging system performance issue here at work, and I am ever so grateful to no longer being the queen of production support and to be the one carrying the burden and stress. I'm getting my hair colored tomorrow...I'm finally giving up on trying to have silver/charcoal (last effort turned pale blue, not what I was looking for), and will be having a pretty all-over brunette put on. It's going to be lots of upkeep but I'm ready to do that. I'm making the reservation for Christmas Eve dinner today, my Sister was able to get one of the care workers in for several hours so she'll be able to get out and do Wings Over Washington and dinner, which is great... and which brings me to a special request.

My SIL has been in steady decline this year: she was still working this time last year, having gotten the ALS diagnosis mid-year, but now she is housebound, unable to walk or care for herself. I'm doing a Secret Santa thing and sending them anonymous Christmas cards through out the month: the return address will be "North Pole" and they will be from "Santa", "Santa Claus", "Mr, Claus"... any variation that he is known by. I'm asking co-workers to fill out the cards I send so they won't recognize my handwriting, but I'm also reaching out to others so cards will come from around the country - and world even. So, if so inclined can anyone interested please send a card to:

Vernie Neil and Gina McCauley
3534 SW Elmgrove St
Seattle WA 98126

Thanks a bunch - I know they will get a kick out of it!

Woohoo Wednesday! I'm going to woohoo that yesterday I got my booty to the gym even though I so desperately wanted to skip. And it was actually a great workout and I'm feeling sore today! I'm glad that I went because I have after work plans that'll keep me from working out today and tomorrow. I've also managed to lose the Thanksgiving weight that I gained so that's a good start!

What are you celebrating on this last woohoo Wednesday of November?

Wow - the last day! although its really already the 1st December for me here ;) - speaking of which I just ran off for a minute and pinched and punched the boys - DD is in the shower at the moment - they usually get me first - so woohoo for that lol

Now what else can I woohoo ... I have had a productive few days in the office getting through some reports and other admin paperwork. Vacation time is creeping closer for me and boy do I need it.

The biggest WOOHOO goes to @MammaoffherRocker for being a great host this month and providing us with some great pics of Captain Jack ;)
:thanks:

Thanks, I was very nervous about hosting for the first time but it was much less scary than I thought :)

I know that feeling! You did a great job :thumbsup2

It is always family comes first too. I have had to rearrange my schedule at the last minute to get the kids because something happens where my husband is not able to get in time to get them. It is great to have a boss that understands families and that family is more important.

That is great - I think it really helps with morale and even productivity when you work somewhere that helps you balance your life like that.

I have two woohoos-- First, I am so ready for Christmas. The tree is up and I have bought all presents for everyone in both mine and DH's family with the exception of only 3 people... and I may finish those today ---- and it's not even December yet! I am so ready to be on top of Christmas this year, minimize the holiday stress, and REALLY enjoy it!

Wow you are super organised - I have no tree up and no presents bought yet :worried: we were going to do the tree last night - but I forgot it was in the shed and it was dark and storming by the time I remembered so didn't want to venture out to find it.

My SIL has been in steady decline this year: she was still working this time last year, having gotten the ALS diagnosis mid-year, but now she is housebound, unable to walk or care for herself. I'm doing a Secret Santa thing and sending them anonymous Christmas cards through out the month: the return address will be "North Pole" and they will be from "Santa", "Santa Claus", "Mr, Claus"... any variation that he is known by. I'm asking co-workers to fill out the cards I send so they won't recognize my handwriting, but I'm also reaching out to others so cards will come from around the country - and world even. So, if so inclined can anyone interested please send a card to:

I am so sorry that your family is going through this difficult time - I will do it so watch out for a Santa's Helper with a down under post mark lol

well another month wrapped up -- I finished out this month with a kicker sinus infection. I tried to go to WO class on Monday and ended up walking straight to the other side of our wellness center to see a doc....exercising and infection makes an Addison's go into a downward spiral. so, now I know :teeth: I was fine but I was crashing a bit and the doc actually told me not to exercise for the rest of the week! ha! doctor's orders! Anyhow, this nasty sinus crud started for me the day before thanksgiving, so thankfully I didn't overindulge too much over the holiday. I'm short this month on workouts but I have gotten my snacking and portions back under control so that's a win! I'm sorry that I end up so MIA, I really do try to read and keep up but I inevitably fall behind. I love the action and chatter though! Congrats to all those who made their goals this month!!!!

My SIL has been in steady decline this year: she was still working this time last year, having gotten the ALS diagnosis mid-year, but now she is housebound, unable to walk or care for herself. I'm doing a Secret Santa thing and sending them anonymous Christmas cards through out the month: the return address will be "North Pole" and they will be from "Santa", "Santa Claus", "Mr, Claus"... any variation that he is known by. I'm asking co-workers to fill out the cards I send so they won't recognize my handwriting, but I'm also reaching out to others so cards will come from around the country - and world even.

This is such a lovely thing to do! Summer Santa from FL will just have to pop a card in the mail :)

Wow you are super organised

Out of necessity more so than by nature. :rotfl: My mom is arriving today to stay with me for a while, and I know this sounds kinda bratty, but DH and I wanted to do the tree by ourselves. We buy ornaments for life milestones and trips we take. Putting up the tree is our "thing" to go through and relive our lives together so we like it to be just us. And Amazon is a lifesaver in the presents department LOL

It is great to have a boss that understands families and that family is more important.
This is truly great, DH has experienced both and it makes a world of difference when they understand.

Wow you really are on top of things! and I totally get the wanting to trim the tree by yourselves (my MIL likes to get involved in ours). You shouldn't feel bad about having your own traditions.

I am so sorry your SIL is going through that. I love the card idea and I will be sure to send one!

I've also managed to lose the Thanksgiving weight that I gained so that's a good start!
Woohoo!! Nothing better than losing weight quickly.

Wow - the last day! although its really already the 1st December for me here ;) - speaking of which I just ran off for a minute and pinched and punched the boys - DD is in the shower at the moment - they usually get me first - so woohoo for that lol
Do you do that every first of the month or just because it is December first?

I finished out this month with a kicker sinus infection.
All these illnesses need to stop!! I hope your feeling better soon :)

party:
WOOHOO WEDNESDAY!

View attachment 208259

The pirates are celebrating their victory over Lord Beckett. What are you celebrating on this last woohoo Wednesday of November? It can be anything thing big or small, we are celebrating it all!

My woohoo is that after a months long interview process, I was asked to teach a class as an adjunct professor starting in January. Yay!!!!!!! Only one class so I can't quit my day job but I'm excited!

39 hours until vacation!

My woohoo is that I am down another lb. so I am ending the month at 50%. I really thought this month was going to be a wash but I find myself getting back on track these past couple of days!

Woohoo! Great way to end the month!

I am woohooing that I feel a little bit better then yesterday and that I am down 1.2 pounds this month. I am also woohoo about my work. I love where I work they are great. I do not have any PTO to take right now unless I take a day from my vacation time at the end of the month. My boss let me work 4 hours from home and then just make up what I can the rest of the week. I am pretty sure he just did not want me to come in with being sick but still they are super flexible here. It is always family comes first too. I have had to rearrange my schedule at the last minute to get the kids because something happens where my husband is not able to get in time to get them. It is great to have a boss that understands families and that family is more important.

Three cheers for understanding bosses. I'm happy to hear you are feeling better.

Hi everyone! I've been absolutely awful at being on here this month. Super busy. In fact, my dry erase meal planning calendar in the kitchen still says it's October. That's my life right now. Hahaha!

I am also woohooing today because I met my goal for November and exceeded it. I not only maintained my pre-Italy weight, but I lost 1 lb.

As much as I would like to believe I was actively on track this month, mainly I met my goal because I have been sooo sick recently. There is something going around down here that is down right plague-like. I think I'm out of the woods now, but I am trying to maintain some smaller portions and keep up the fruits and veggie intake! So as a dry run for December, I've learned I need to put forth more effort to stay on track.

Thank you, @MommaoffherRocker for a wonderful month! I did go through and read all the awesome questions even if I wasn't answering them! :crazy:

You are a model of organization! I'm impressed!

Woohoo, it's Wednesday! And the last day of the month... how in the heck did that happen? Thanks MommaoffherRocker for doing such a great hosting job! I have a confession to make though... up until the beginning of November I thought your screen name was 'Momma of a Rocker', and kept meaning to ask which one of your kids was into to music ;).

Let's see, what awesomeness has been happening around here? We continue to have a nagging system performance issue here at work, and I am ever so grateful to no longer being the queen of production support and to be the one carrying the burden and stress. I'm getting my hair colored tomorrow...I'm finally giving up on trying to have silver/charcoal (last effort turned pale blue, not what I was looking for), and will be having a pretty all-over brunette put on. It's going to be lots of upkeep but I'm ready to do that. I'm making the reservation for Christmas Eve dinner today, my Sister was able to get one of the care workers in for several hours so she'll be able to get out and do Wings Over Washington and dinner, which is great... and which brings me to a special request.

Vernie Neil and Gina McCauley
3534 SW Elmgrove St
Seattle WA 98126

Thanks a bunch - I know they will get a kick out of it!

Such a sweet idea! Will send a card via Owl Post from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter next week.

Also, there are several towns with Christmasy names that will postmark letters you send to the postmaster (put cards with pre-paid postsge in larger envelope addressed to the postmaster and a note asking that they be mailed).

And the USPS is also helping via he anchorage post office:

https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_583cfd13e4b04b66c01b9c3e/amp?client=safari

Woohoo Wednesday! I'm going to woohoo that yesterday I got my booty to the gym even though I so desperately wanted to skip. And it was actually a great workout and I'm feeling sore today! I'm glad that I went because I have after work plans that'll keep me from working out today and tomorrow. I've also managed to lose the Thanksgiving weight that I gained so that's a good start!

Great job!

So so confused. Is December 1 an Australian April Fools Day only with pinching and punching?

well another month wrapped up -- I finished out this month with a kicker sinus infection. I tried to go to WO class on Monday and ended up walking straight to the other side of our wellness center to see a doc....exercising and infection makes an Addison's go into a downward spiral. so, now I know :teeth: I was fine but I was crashing a bit and the doc actually told me not to exercise for the rest of the week! ha! doctor's orders! Anyhow, this nasty sinus crud started for me the day before thanksgiving, so thankfully I didn't overindulge too much over the holiday. I'm short this month on workouts but I have gotten my snacking and portions back under control so that's a win! I'm sorry that I end up so MIA, I really do try to read and keep up but I inevitably fall behind. I love the action and chatter though! Congrats to all those who made their goals this month!!!!

Oh yuck. Hope you feel better quickly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter