You bet your aft we had a good time! A Wonder trip report Update 12/30 p.59-611

It has been almost a year since our spring break Wonder cruise. It was amazing. We even picked up Cuban refugees during our cruise. I am looking forward to enjoying the ship once more though your report.

:goodvibes
Kate

I guess I'll stop lurking and let you know I'm joining in on the fun! It's a great title BTW and I can't wait to read all about it.

I am sailing on the Wonder next April. It will be my family's first cruise. I'm looking forward to reading all about your trip :wave2:

You're going to have a blast. It's a beautiful ship and the service is amazing. :thumbsup2 What ports? Thanks for jointing in and :welcome:

Following, we're sailing the Wonder in October (our first cruise ever), can't wait to read all about your trip!

Yay another first time cruiser. I am so happy we chose the Wonder for our first cruise. It's a big ship (to me) and I can't imagine trying to navigate one of the bigger ships for a first cruise. You'll never guess the ship is 16 years old. It's beautiful. :welcome:

It has been almost a year since our spring
break Wonder cruise. It was amazing. We even picked up Cuban refugees during our cruise. I am looking forward to enjoying the ship once more though your report.

:goodvibes
Kate

Hi Kate and :welcome: Cuban refugees? I think I vaguely remember seeing something about that. Very interesting. What did Disney do with them as far as rooms and food after picking them up?​

I guess I'll stop lurking and let you know I'm joining in on the fun! It's a great title BTW and I can't wait to read all about it.

Yay for not lurking. ;) :goodvibes :welcome: and glad to have you here.​

me me!

I'm here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woot woot girlfriend. I'm so glad. :welcome: I need to pick your brain about walking a DVC reservation. :flower3: Im going to email you. I know you're very busy getting ready for the band trip so I'll try to make it short.​

That sweet Josh!!!

Re-entry is hard, even with a buffer day :(

It stinks. Hope your first day back is going well. I found two of your FE gifts that never made it in my luggage. :blush: Joshua said we have to send it to Pum-ella. :laughing:

Working on the first update, should have it posted tonight. :thumbsup2

Hi Corinna and :welcome: Isn't the Wonder just gorgeous? We loved it. I can't believe what great shape it's in. There were people painting and cleaning every day. Disney takes tremendous care of that ship. :thumbsup2

The Wonder is definitely a keeper. Three weeks from today I am hopefully all packed as I fly out to Miami the next day to see the Wonder again. I can't wait.

Corinna

Yay! We've sailed the Wonder twice and are going again this fall. Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Okay, so I'm guessing you had an aft room? I love the title of your trip report and can't wait to hear more.

Always love a new trip report! Looking forward to it! Great title too by the way. :)

The Wonder is definitely a keeper. Three weeks from today I am hopefully all packed as I fly out to Miami the next day to see the Wonder again. I can't wait.

Corinna

Next to my three children its about the most beautiful thing I've seen. :rotfl2: You're cruising in 3 weeks? Awesome! :thumbsup2 What ports?​

Yay! We've sailed the Wonder twice and are going again this fall. Can't wait to hear about your trip!

I'm so jealous and :welcome: It's s such a great ship. I have read people scoffing about it and I didn't find a thing wrong with it. In fact, just the opposite. The service was outstanding and it was in great condition. Not too crowded and very nice throughout.​

Okay, so I'm guessing you had an aft room? I love the title of your trip report and can't wait to hear more.

Yes, 7620 aft. The room was one of the secret verandah rooms. I didn't know when booking it and found out just a few weeks before. Unreal. :cloud9: :welcome:

It's time! This was taken right before boarding but ya know, it's vacation day!

408F7496-FB8C-47B8-BE69-E20A31E82AC4_zps2w6jfrnb.png

I'll let you know that every photo with the exception of maybe 5 were taken with my iPhone. I brought the nice camera and had every intention of using it but really, it was cumbersome. The phone is smaller and easier and with just the two of us, it worked out much better. We took a lot of selfies.

Travel day: SLC to Fort Lauderdale airport. Woot woot, it's finally here, travel day! Our plan was to travel from SLC at 8 am with a quick plane change in Vegas and then to Fort Lauderdale landing at 4:50. Guess what? All flights were on time, crowded, and easy. I had been checking in on FB, looking at our meet group, and seeing all kinds of unfortunate layovers. I was feeling pretty blessed to have an easy travel day.

The morning started early with my oldest DD and her friend driving us to the airport at 5:30 am. :eek: If felt earlier than it sounds as I was up until late packing. The drive was easy and cold and we couldn't wait to get out of the chilly Utah air.

We arrived at the airport and were through security in no time. I got the pre-TSA screening, awesome, and they allowed Joshua to go through with me. Love speedy security lines.

First stop: Starbucks. Not that we weren't Starbucks junkies before but now that Gabby works there, we're fanatical. Still don't love their pastries aside from their lemon pound cake which is to die for. I was pretending that I was going to watch what I ate until the actual cruise. I blew it when we saw the Popeye's. why are their chicken and busy cuts so darn good?!

D6C21530-9A8E-487F-837D-507C2972148A_zps2sekguxt.jpg

We look exhausted because we were. I always start vacations in total exhaustion mode. Is just the way it is.

Some gorgeous lake. I'm thinking Powell but I truly have no idea. Anyone know what lake is near Vegas? Lake Mead maybe?

993A8AD4-92EE-4E3E-A6FA-85E9BF163B99_zpsgfyzt66m.jpg

And the only view of Vegas we'd get this trip.

DF13AEF7-6A4B-49FC-896A-8FE056FEA64D_zpsmgraokc7.jpg

We had an hour and 20 minutes to change planes which was plenty of time. We even had 15 minutes to charge apparatus. :woohoo:

Back in the air:

796BB5EB-5675-4413-89ED-B08179457528_zpsqcfgeha9.jpg

We landed on time and grabbed our bags. Our friends were picking us up from Fort Lauderdale, taking us to dinner, maybe a party, and then we were staying the night with them.

They were outside waiting for us when we landed. Amazing, it was so wonderful to see my friends and their children. It's been a few years.

Dinner was Indian which totally hit the spot. I apologize for the lack of pics from this evening but we were just so busy catching up. And honestly, I had about 3 hours sleep and wasn't fit for photos. :lmao:

Our friends' neighbors were having an outdoor masquerade party and wanted to go. I kindly opted out but they really wanted me to go with them for a drink. I was pooped but it was hard to say no.....again. I was trying to mentally prepare for meeting a yardfull of folks I'd never met when it began to rain. And rain. And pour. Can you say Devine intervention? The party was cancelled. I know that makes me a party pooper but at least I'm an honest party pooper.

We spent a wonderful evening together catching up and celebrating my friend's DH's birthday with delicious wine and cake. :cloud9: The kids played and Joshua crashed out early. Early travel is exhausting. Sorry no photos.

I woke up about 7 am and jumped in the shower, got ready, and then Joshua did the same. Our friends woke up a little later. They made a lovely breakfast of which I was too excited to eat most of it. Here is a pic of the kids at breakfast. Sorry for the look on
Joshua's face. I told him that was the last funny face and from then on nothing but a smile or I was going to kick his aft. Kicking each others afts was a running joke of the trip.

3618125C-952E-492A-984E-2548AC14D898_zpsbbs58snk.jpg

With our luggage all tagged up it, we were eager to leave.

7B45BE5B-7AE8-43D2-81FC-49CBFFC44CCD_zpszuc8r3qw.jpg

Our PAT wasn't until 11:30 and we wanted to go SO badly. Love spending time with our friends but we had a ship to see. :hyper:

To burn some energy we took a little walk to the local liquor store. I needed to grab a bottle of rum and a corkscrew for one of my FB cruise meet friends.

Here a pic of our friends' neighborhood. Their area is gorgeous.

A44F4A43-5AEE-4D7B-A2A5-C412DAC4DA9C_zpsdrk6scjl.jpg

Us:

A8BE5635-4894-4F31-96B6-76EA1A36C728_zpss0kmeiyt.jpg

And a quickie of my friend and I. She so tall and just as gorgeous. I hate standing next to her. LOL! She's as sweet as she is beautiful. If you recognize her it's because she was a very famous Israeli supermodel. No really. Like the Cindy Crawford of Israel. She stunning both inside and out.

1B0FC385-9BC1-4408-9DEE-28912DCD35BA_zpsxgvkeiim.jpg

The next set of photos are on the way to the Port of Miami. It was already 75* and beautiful out. That rain cleared the air they said. Yay for the rain.

A7FC8E2F-6BAC-4C8B-80E0-90B29B9C724D_zpswrqajl3b.jpg

There was some giant music festival starting today:

BE107BBB-17A5-42F9-AD6D-776C44E567F3_zpsuzjjrevx.jpg

The port!!!

FEC52DA8-9055-481A-9D85-9F40D71F7F08_zpsn2bwc3wj.jpg

F8A8E826-B458-4EC3-9C82-D23C43C1D483_zpsfl0r733t.jpg

And the first glance of this beauty:

EB17D7C5-7897-447B-8E59-9A6B531DD3A2_zps61hrtfuc.jpg

We could have literally jumped out of the car and ran over we were just so happy. Thankfully we didn't because it would have been a long hot run. ;)

As we are pulling up: this is supposed to be a pic of the boat and boarding area. That's the picture showing in Photobucket but the link must have an error. I have checked it 3 times. Strange.

30AFE63C-1188-43E6-A5FD-9AF9E4C8E567_zpsy0sgs1ja.jpg

Okay so this next part is a total blur. Once we were dropped off it couldn't have been more than 15 minutes before we were on the ship. It was a crazy fast experience. Like so fast. I snapped a few pics but really Disney is on their game and we didn't have a lot of standing time.

We gave the porter our four bags to check and were light and fancy free walking on the ship. I had a light bag with swimsuits, rum, IDs, and money. It was awesome traveling so light.

We checked in with Daniel, who was vey sweet, he gave us our info, told us a bunch of stuff of which I have zero recollection, and we were on our way.....

Boarding time:

05C570E4-7C60-42DF-B141-222796710ABE_zpspigaifob.jpg

And our first official Navigator. I can't tell you how happy I was to have this in my chubby little hand. I had been pouring over them online and couldn't wait to see them for our specific cruise. pixiedust:

5DD595E8-2B5A-4059-917E-0022D4373EB9_zpsy46jxgkz.jpg

Next up: it's Wonder time!!!! And our total score with cabin 7620. Wow, just wow.

To be continued.........

Always love a new trip report! Looking forward to it! Great title too by the way. :)

:thanks: and :welcome: Thank you for joining in. I read the same reports over and over. Hopefully folks will enjoy this and maybe find it beneficial.​

Hmmm.....looks like there might be a little mis-match in post timing on the Dis again.

Great start! Love the look of the ship and I can't wait to see what you got up to.

Oh.....and I see TWO gorgeous supermodels in that picture. :thumbsup2

Hmmm.....looks like there might be a little mis-match in post timing on the Dis again. Great start! Love the look of the ship and I can't wait to see what you got up to. Oh.....and I see TWO gorgeous supermodels in that picture. :thumbsup2

Yeah, that post shows before and after. Odd.

Thanks friend for the nice words. :) The ship is stunning. So clean and vibrant. Disney knows what they're doing.

I promise not to drag this report out. I'm working on an update for my Disneyland one too....finally. :blush: I've been a slacker.​

What a great start! I am feeling a little jealous of your trip with just one child. My three are all internationally adopted, and while I love them to pieces, overnights away are just not an option right now. Maybe someday! :goodvibes

I have a request. At some point will you tell us whether you had early or late dining and how that worked out for you, especially in regards to the time change from SLC? We're from Phoenix, and our previous cruises were out of LA. I'm a little worried about early dining feeling REALLY early. Thinking I'll keep it though, knowing it would be easier to change to late later versus the other way around. :)

marciemouse, we absolutely loved late dining! I was leery about late at first and had originally booked early dining. After reading some and looking through some Navigators, late dining would be the way to go for us. Our all aboard times on our port days were 6 PM and 5 PM so dinner at 5:45 would have had us rushing. I won't go into too much detail as I don't want to spoil the report ;) but I would've been really bummed to miss out on some of the times we had between back on the ship and dinner time. It was really nice about 5 PM every day because the pools would clear out and it was very relaxing. Hope that helps you out. 3:45 for dinner would have just been too early and left too much time at night if that makes any sense.

One day you will get to experience those nights away. I have loved all the stages in my children's lives would be lying if I didn't say I love them having some independence.:) They also enjoy it.

Sorry for any typos right now, I am using Siri and she doesn't like me very much. :lmao:

I still can't believe I'm home and it's all over. Loving the happy selfies, you guys are so cute!

I still can't believe I'm home and it's all over. Loving the happy selfies, you guys are so cute!

I know! How was your first day back at work?

Thanks girl. Such a good time. I can't wait to get to when you first met Joshua. ;) I'm having the post cruise blues today.​

I feel right at home, you're in our cabin and your early start and lack of sleep sound just like how our trips to Disney start.:rotfl2:

Welcome aboard! We've enjoyed our time on the Wonder so I can't wait to hear about your first cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter