"You and me, we're in a club now!" - a DFTW/Disneymoon/Vacay August 2017 PTR

Nice!! I have owned 3 Nissans since I have been driving! They are the best little cars! I get tired of it after a while and trade it in only to wish I had my Nissan back!

That's awesome to hear! I've had a few friends who've had Nissans and they all liked them and found them reliable. So I'm crossing my fingers!

I mean they are going to Disney for the wedding right???? Got to set the mood somehow??

Absolutely!! ...hopefully they'll see it that way. And if they don't, I don't really care! :P

I am pretty bummed I will miss y'all by 13 days!

I know, this is so sad! It always seems to go this way when I've got a trip planned and Dis friends I'd like to meet. @xlsm and @Raeven on my last one and @ariane37 on this coming trip were all sad examples of that.

It will be here in no time! I can't wait to read all about it when you get back! I hope y'all have the best wedding ever and the best trip! Savor every moment because it will fly by! Best Wishes!!:goodvibes

Thank you so much, we can't wait!!

I know I'm a bit late to the party but I'm following along and will definitely be looking forward to the official TR! Congrats on your upcoming wedding! All of your plans sounds absolutely wonderful and it's going to be such a beautiful trip for you guys!

:welcome:So excited you're here! Better late than never! And thanks so much. We're really looking forward to it, and I'm looking forward to coming home and sharing all the deets with you guys!

I'm so sorry you've had to deal with so much pre-wedding drama but regardless, it's still YOUR day and unfortunately the in-laws need to realize that. I would love for someone in my family to have a DFTW planned and I don't see this being selfish in the least. It's supposed to be the happiest day in your life and what better way to celebrate that than being in the Happiest Place on Earth? Plus the rest of the family can celebrate with you guys when you get home! 2 parties for the price of 1 in my opinion!

I wish our guests had this same attitude! But you're absolutely right, and we've tried to keep the mindset that it's our day and we should do it however we want to. I think it's gonna be a blast, and I have a select few family members and friends who agree, and that's all we need!

Congrats girl! I work with Speech Pathologists every day on my hospitals neuro floor and I absolutely adore them and respect what they do, it can't be an easy job!

Thank you! I'm really exited about it! When we get back from our trip I'll have a couple of days and then I'll be heading straight into orientation and classes! :) What do you do?

That spreadsheet is intense and I love it!!

Your honeymoon plans all sound so fun! So much great stuff lined up for you guys!!

Jungle Juice mimosa...omg sign me up!!

Thanks! And that's exactly how I felt when I heard you could ask them to make a mimiosa with jungle juice. Be still, my heart!

That's pretty impressive! I couldn't remember what pictures I used that disappeared, so I'm not even going to try to replace them.:rolleyes:

Haha thanks! I probably shouldn't have bothered wasting my time, but it seemed like the thing to do. I actually wouldn't have remembered which pictures I used either, so I ended up going through my posts and "editing them" and clicking on the disappeared picture to make the link come up, and then opening the photobucket link, downloading the picture from there, uploading it to imgur, and re-inserting it. Way too much of a hassle. And not like I had anything better to do. lol

I feel like just about everyone on the DIS has their own version of the spreadsheet of doom--the color-coding on yours is awesome!

Seems to be! I laugh because I feel like only Dis people really understand the spreadsheet phenomenon for Disney trips, and most people would think we're crazy. Though they might be right. :rotfl:

I'm ashamed to admit that I don't know this--where is Cape May?

Cape May is a buffet at Beach Club! :) It's a new ADR for us this time, but I'd heard good things, and they have characters in the morning. Breakfast seems to be typical american breakfast fare, and dinner is a lot of seafood. Nom.

Bad luck is good...right?

Okay, please tell me that bad luck leading up to the wedding is one of those things like, "bad dress rehearsal means a good show," etc. ?? Yes??

If you've been following along you'll know that I've had a bit of a bout of bad luck these days, but things seemed to have been really turning around...until this morning when I dumped a cup of boiling water on myself, scalding my stomach and legs, and my thumb. My stomach got the worst of it, and I've not got a nice red burn the size of my outstretched hand, which only remains slightly more tolerable by keeping a cold cloth on it constantly. I had to call in at the diner tonight because if I'm hobbling around here in a sports bra and still cursing the gods, there's no way I was getting into a 50s costume tonight. Hoping it's eased up a bit tomorrow so I don't miss both nights of work. Otherwise, @ariane37 and I very well may be wrecks, navigating Disney with our pre-trip injuries!

In other [better] news: I've got a few more things crossed off the check list, including some of my shopping, making tip/mousekeeping envelopes, finishing all the welcome bags, and putting together my bridesmaid gifts. The welcome bags will contain all sorts of little goodies: our schedule of events, Disney fun facts, an explanation of hidden Mickeys, single packs of sunscreen, shout stain remover wipes, beach balls, ponchos, etc., etc.

I got an email from my hair/makeup artist this week confirming our appointments and going over procedure. I should also be receiving our Florida marriage license in the mail this week. (Getting that sorted was a fun [expensive...] little encounter, which resulted in N developing a distaste for, and complete lack of understanding of the convention of notarization.) I'm also going to get in touch with our officiant this week to make sure we're all on the same page. And after Thursday, which will be two weeks to the wedding, I should be able to email our wedding coordinator and have her check the photography schedule to find out who our wedding photographer will be...

All this grown-up wedding-prep stuff that's happening, coupled with how incredibly close the wedding is becoming, has got me all like:
aGRUA77.gif

...but simulataneously also like:
2os9Yqw.gif

Last edited:
Thank you! I'm really exited about it! When we get back from our trip I'll have a couple of days and then I'll be heading straight into orientation and classes! :) What do you do?

I'm a nurse on the neuro floor so we're constantly calling for speech consults on the majority of our patients. Plus the speech pathologists are my favorite people lol

And after Thursday, which will be two weeks to the wedding

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

I'm sorry about your burn, I have been there and done that. It's so miserable!! I still have scars on my arm from it. I hope you get some relief soon!! If it isn't blistered, the aloe stuff for sunburns helps a little.

Oh my gosh I'm sorry to hear about your burn :( I hope you heal soon!

Glad everything else is coming together though!

My stomach got the worst of it, and I've not got a nice red burn the size of my outstretched hand, which only remains slightly more tolerable by keeping a cold cloth on it constantly.

Oh no I hope you feel better soon!

All this grown-up wedding-prep stuff that's happening, coupled with how incredibly close the wedding is becoming, has got me all like:
aGRUA77.gif

...but simulataneously also like:
2os9Yqw.gif

So close! You must be so excited!

Hi! I see you on so many of the other PTRs and TRs I follow. I want to join now so that I'm sure not to miss your TR once you're back! :thumbsup2 Better late than never, right? ::yes::

I'm sorry about your burn, I have been there and done that. It's so miserable!! I still have scars on my arm from it. I hope you get some relief soon!! If it isn't blistered, the aloe stuff for sunburns helps a little.

Ugggh, it's the worst. I couldn't even put on a shirt for the first two days. It didn't blister when it happened, and I started murdering my aloe plant one stalk at a time. Now it's starting to blister just slightly. We'll see how it goes. Crossing my fingers to be in excellent shape a week from now...

Oh my gosh I'm sorry to hear about your burn :( I hope you heal soon!

Glad everything else is coming together though!

Thanks!! Crossing my fingers for speedy healing.

Oh no I hope you feel better soon!

So close! You must be so excited!

Thank you! Today is a bit better, and I'm hopeful for a miraculous recovery before this time next week when the road tripping begins.

Hi! I see you on so many of the other PTRs and TRs I follow. I want to join now so that I'm sure not to miss your TR once you're back! :thumbsup2 Better late than never, right? ::yes::

Hello, and :welcome:!! I, too, have seen you around a lot! Thanks so much for coming over here! The TR will definitely be on the way after we get back from the trip... :hyper:

Last-minute Items and Birthday Shenanigans

Hello, friends! Today was a special day, I won't lie, because not only was it the first day of a good Disfriend's WDW vacation—here's lookin' at you, Ariane!—but it also happened to be my birthday!!
mWxRZYZ.gif

I celebrated by taking my miniature bride out shopping for her dress...

This is Doreigh Bear. (Pronounced like Dory.) She is getting very excited for the wedding:
3TB0U32.jpg

I've also been celebrating by eating waffles and ice cream for supper! I found a good gluten free pancake mix for waffles, and just this week my favourite dairy free ice cream brand seems to have come out with a cinnamon cookie dough flavoured cashew ice cream which is rocking my world.

mIjuLTr.gif

I got in touch with my wedding coordinator, and she was able to tell us who would be photographing our wedding and theme park session, and it's one of the photographers we'd requested. Her name is Amanda. You can check her out HERE on Pinterest if you're interested. We were okay with her style and found that a lot of her photos in her portfolio seemed pretty consistent, so that seemed like a good sign that we might not be an "off" wedding that ends up with crappy pictures, etc. Some of the other photographers had a few pictures we liked, but also a few we really disliked.

I received our marriage license, and also got everything confirmed with our officiant. I've also begun packing...
W9PJj9R.gif

...which mostly just entails throwing anything I think I might need and am likely to forget in a pile in the corner of the bedroom as I think of it.

My burn seems to be healing to the point where I can at least leave the house with clothes on, but I've been taking it pretty easy. The good (or bad? Not sure. Probably bad) thing to come out of it is that I've idly binged the entire first season of Pretty Little Liars because of it...

I am ashamed.
A0PqfWb.gif

ALSO! I'm taking suggestions for what Disney films (animated, or otherwise) to watch this week in prep for our trip to get in the magical pixie-dusted spirit! pixiedust: What are your favourites??

Thanks for the warm welcome :goodvibes

I received our marriage license, and also got everything confirmed with our officiant. I've also begun packing...
WOOHOO!!!!!!! I cannot believe how close you are! I'll be trailing you just a couple short days later :hyper:

Doing a quick check-in before heading down to Stormalong Bay! Thanks for the shout out, thought of you this morning when I put on my Merida tank :goodvibes Sounds like you had a nice bday, yay for getting a photographer you wanted!!!!!
I do hope your poor burn is feeling much better. As for Disney movies, it's not animated and it's not in the parks, but one of my very favorites is an older one, "Parent Trap" with Hayley Mills. Note: if you choose to watch this do NOT under any circumstances watch the remake with Lindsay Lohan :crazy2::crazy2: You must see the original!!!!

Happy belated birthday! I hope the burns (ouch, by the way!) didn't dampen your day. Waffles and ice cream for dinner sounds like a wonderful gift to yourself. Might steal that one for myself.:goodvibes

Hmm, there's so many good Disney films out there. I guess since you're going for your wedding, I would suggest some of the classic fairy tales like Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty.

WOOHOO!!!!!!! I cannot believe how close you are! I'll be trailing you just a couple short days later :hyper:

Can't wait!!!! That's so exciting for you too—maybe we'll cross paths! :)

Doing a quick check-in before heading down to Stormalong Bay! Thanks for the shout out, thought of you this morning when I put on my Merida tank :goodvibes Sounds like you had a nice bday, yay for getting a photographer you wanted!!!!!
I do hope your poor burn is feeling much better. As for Disney movies, it's not animated and it's not in the parks, but one of my very favorites is an older one, "Parent Trap" with Hayley Mills. Note: if you choose to watch this do NOT under any circumstances watch the remake with Lindsay Lohan :crazy2::crazy2: You must see the original!!!!

I noticed you were wearing the Merida tank in one of your pictures! I already have it in my to-pack pile. :)

Oh no...you'll be very disappointed to know that I actually have a serious soft spot for the Lindsay Lohan remake!! :oops: SO. Much. Shame. :oops: I used to watch it over and over with my grandmother as a kid, so it's all just because of the nostalgia, but still. And to make matters worse, I actually have never seen the original! :rolleyes1 I will have to rectify the problem before we leave for the trip!

Happy belated birthday! I hope the burns (ouch, by the way!) didn't dampen your day. Waffles and ice cream for dinner sounds like a wonderful gift to yourself. Might steal that one for myself.:goodvibes

Hmm, there's so many good Disney films out there. I guess since you're going for your wedding, I would suggest some of the classic fairy tales like Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty.

Thank you! And that's not a bad idea. I don't mind the thought of revisiting some of the classics. :lovestruc If we're going with the wedding theme, perhaps I should avoid Brave then. Wouldn't want Merida to give me any bad ideas and end up with cold feet! I guess that's Pixar, technically, but I still count it.

The good (or bad? Not sure. Probably bad) thing to come out of it is that I've idly binged the entire first season of Pretty Little Liars because of it...

There's nothing wrong with a little binge-watching; it's literally all I do on my days off so I definitely relate.

ALSO! I'm taking suggestions for what Disney films (animated, or otherwise) to watch this week in prep for our trip to get in the magical pixie-dusted spirit! pixiedust: What are your favourites??

You can never go wrong with the classics (Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, etc.). Lately I've been really into watching Disney videos on Youtube and it's really been getting me excited. I love watching Happily Ever After and the WDW Today Info channel before bed. They always put me in my happy place.

I've also been celebrating by eating waffles and ice cream for supper!

Now THAT sounds like my kind of celebration!!

...which mostly just entails throwing anything I think I might need and am likely to forget in a pile in the corner of the bedroom as I think of it.

We have the same packing style :rotfl:

I've idly binged the entire first season of Pretty Little Liars because of it...

I am ashamed.

Don't be ashamed!! I am an unashamed PLL fan! I invested seven years of my life in that show!!
Actually, now that I think of it, you might want to stop after season two unless you want to just be endlessly frustrated and then left furious by the final ending of the series at the end of season seven.

------------

Meghan!! You are SO CLOSE to your magical wedding day!! Ahhh!!!! I have so enjoyed following along with you on your reports from engagement to now. I feel so invested in your relationship, LOL!!

I'm very excited for you and definitely looking forward to the TR.

There's nothing wrong with a little binge-watching; it's literally all I do on my days off so I definitely relate.

I love me a good binge watch! I just finished a re-watch of Gilmore Girls recently, and this seemed to fill the void. I never thought I'd be a fan, but it's weirdly addictive.

You can never go wrong with the classics (Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, etc.). Lately I've been really into watching Disney videos on Youtube and it's really been getting me excited. I love watching Happily Ever After and the WDW Today Info channel before bed. They always put me in my happy place.

Good suggestions! I'm also planning to watch the Disney planning DVD video they send you from the Disney website because it's a weird guilty pleasure of mine. :)

Don't be ashamed!! I am an unashamed PLL fan! I invested seven years of my life in that show!!
Actually, now that I think of it, you might want to stop after season two unless you want to just be endlessly frustrated and then left furious by the final ending of the series at the end of season seven.

Oh no! That's good advice...that, knowing me, I probably will not follow.

Meghan!! You are SO CLOSE to your magical wedding day!! Ahhh!!!! I have so enjoyed following along with you on your reports from engagement to now. I feel so invested in your relationship, LOL!!

I'm very excited for you and definitely looking forward to the TR.

I'm getting soo excited! Thanks so much for following along with my ramblings to this point! I feel like I really have some fabulous friends in you guys, thanks to the Dis! :grouphug:

We've never done a PPO breakfast before!! I know some of the novelty is lost now that Main Street is open to everyone before "rope drop," but I'm still excited to get into the park early and see an empty Fantasyland, and possibly beat the rush for rides like 7DMT :)

I have read a few things about this but didn't really clue in about how this works now at MK? Is there some info about this somewhere that you know of? So if the park opens at 9, what time do you really have to be there? I don't get it? (I mean the new RD process?)

This is Doreigh Bear. (Pronounced like Dory.) She is getting very excited for the wedding:

So adorable!! Love it!! The name too!

I've idly binged the entire first season of Pretty Little Liars because of it...

There is no shame in that! Speaking of liars...have you watched Big Little Lies? Also good lol

Good suggestions! I'm also planning to watch the Disney planning DVD video they send you from the Disney website because it's a weird guilty pleasure of mine. :)

Oh I feel you on that lol for some reason I find the one from 2005 to be my favorite (even if alot of it is weirdly cheesy and now irrelevant).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter