"You and me, we're in a club now!" - a DFTW/Disneymoon/Vacay August 2017 PTR

Wow, everyone! Where do the days go? I did get back to the Dis yesterday and got mostly caught up, but I didn't quite make it back here for an update. As you may have also read on my May TR, last night at the diner we had some unfortunate plumbing troubles, and it ended up being a wild night! I'm going back there tonight...and I really hope my shoes don't end up soggy again...enough said.

I just got back a couple of days ago from a little road trip back to my hometown to visit some family, and get a few things sorted. I also went to the dollar store there and found the fancy $10 shampoo I like was there for $4 a bottle. Score! We also had lots of campfires, including one where we made s'mores for breakfast. We did a little day trip to a seaside tourist town that we love, and ate lobster, bought chocolates at a chocolate museum/factory, and went to the aquarium. Good weekend.

I promised you'd all get to meet the newest member of the family when it arrived, so I'm proud to formally introduce:

Caesar! The 2012 Nissan Juke!
2z4sjuA.jpg

Naturally, Caesar is short for Jukelius Caesar. Technically for Jukelius T. Caesar...the "T" stands for Turbo. There's a little more cargo space than my old vehicle with the hatchback and the seats that fold down, and he sits much higher off the ground...both things I'm going to appreciate very soon... We all have high hopes for Caesar and his ability to get us down to Central Florida and back in just over two weeks...

Which reminds me...

TODAY MARKS 3 WEEKS UNTIL WEDDING DAY!

That also means that my road tripping will begin in just over two weeks. This is starting to feel crazy and not at all like a real thing that is about to happen.

pvGTKuc.gif

We also got all our outstanding balances for the wedding and our Florida hotel ressies all paid off!! Now we're just finishing putting away the last of the money for things like our gas/food/road-trip-hotel budget, and beginning to gather things together and pack. We have a "wedding shelf" in our linen closet...which has really expanded into an entire "wedding closet."

I also just ordered a GoPro because my mom decided that she wanted one for the wedding...but then that she'd just gift it to us after the wedding for filming things from our trip! Yay!

I'm hoping that all of this productivity will carry over into the updating of all my old disappeared photobucket photos in all my TRs...fingers crossed for the next few days...

We've also decided that it looks like N's parents will be driving down to Boston(ish) with me to pick up N from the show he'll be working at, and they'll drive his truck back home to Canada, while he hops in with me and continues to trek to Florida. I'm incredibly grateful to them for doing us this favour, and for having some company for the drive in case I get tired, etc. ...but as lovely as they are...we've hardly spent any time together, we're very different people, and I have a feeling it's going to be a very long 6+ hours. Hope they're cool with my Disney playlist!

So in my last update I'd left off at the end of the wedding day, which means it's time to share our plans for the day after the wedding...

AUG. 18

This is going to be a Family Day for my side of the family!

Or...at least it was going to be. Now it's going to be a Most-of-the-Family Day.

That same infamous aunt and uncle you probably recognize by now...yeah, they've decided to make other plans that day and take my little cousin with them. In their defence, we shouldn't have made plans just assuming that they would take part, but when my mom got them a vacation package we kind of expected that they would. Honestly, we just figured they'd want to. How foolish of us all!! :rotfl: So my grandmother and other aunt bought park tickets expecting that we'd all get to do the park as a family and experience the little cousin's Disney "firsts." Now that doesn't look like it'll be the case, but que sera, I guess!

So everyone else (consisting of me, N, my mom and her husband, my grandmother, and my youngest aunt) (are you shocked to hear that I'm an only child?? :rotfl2:) will have the following itinerary this day:

(N and I, having had such an early night after the wedding, may chose to wake up early and hit MK for EMH...but we'll see how exhausted we are...)

We've instructed my family that the earlier they get to the park, the more likely they are to have short waits for things. Then we'll meet them at...

10:25am: Brunch at Crystal Palace with Winnie the Pooh and friends! Yay!
This is one of my favourites for some reason, even though the breakfast is pretty carb-heavy, and my mom and I have some good memories here.

From 11:25-2:15: we all have FP+ for Peter Pan, Splash Mountain, and 7DMT!!

I had chosen these FP with my little cousin in mind, but fortunately I think they still will appeal to almost the whole group anyway. My mom has also never been on 7DMT since our last trip together was just before it opened, so I'm very excited for her to go on it! I've already asked N's permission, even though we'll be newly married, to sit with my mom and share some of these experiences with her too off and on throughout the day. Of course, he's awesome, and he agreed.

The afternoon we've left pretty open. I've still never seen the Festival of Fantasy Parade, so if we can brave the heat I might suggest this. I'm expecting that there will also be a lot of indoor attractions this afternoon. And we may even split up and take breaks for the afternoon at our various hotels before returning for...

6:55pm: dinner ADR at Ohana!

N loved Ohana when we went in December and has been itching to go back, but I found it an overwhelming meal for only two people since it's designed to be served family-style. I'm really looking forward to taking my family, and I think they'll really enjoy it.

Back when I planned this day, Wishes was still in existence, and I'd planned to take our time at dinner and see Wishes from the Poly beach. Now that HEA is instated, I know I will want to see the projections and have a good view, so if we have time after dinner and everyone is interested, we'll all go back to MK to see HEA for the first time! If not, we can disperse, and N and I will go watch, or we can do it another night of our trip.

N and I both agreed that we'll have lots of time for the two of us on our honeymoon, but we're both excited to share a little Disney magic with our families while they're there. While it might be a little unconventional to spend the first day after your wedding with your whole immediate family, I wouldn't want to plan it any differently.

Hopefully my next update will come much more quickly than this one. I need to finish the PTR before the "T" actually happens, after all! It very well may contain the rest of our plans, since they're less detailed, but I'll see what happens once I start writing.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new car!

Stinks that your little cousin won't get to take part in the MK day :( But sounds like you have a wonderful day planned with your family and 2 awesome ADRs lined up!

Congrats on the new car!

Stinks that your little cousin won't get to take part in the MK day :( But sounds like you have a wonderful day planned with your family and 2 awesome ADRs lined up!

Thanks!!

Yeah, it's really unfortunate that he will miss out. My mom had originally gotten them 5 day tickets so they'd have the flexibility to do as much or as little at Disney as they wanted, but they didn't like spending the extra money (and they're determined to pay my mom back even though she wasn't asking or expecting them to) so they decided to downgrade their tickets to two days tickets. Well then they planned for their two park days to be days we aren't going to be there, and the day we are they've decided to go visit friends elsewhere in Florida, etc. It's a shame, because the kid is wildly spoiled and loved by everyone in his family (he's an only child like I was) and so everyone is a little disappointed to miss out on his Disney experience. But you have to pick your battles I guess, and we're just glad they decided to come at all!

And you're right, we've got a great day planned! And I'm definitely looking forward to our ADRs! Some of the best memories are sometimes over meals with family.

Late to the party, but following along! Your plans sound amazing, and I can't wait to read all about your wedding and Disneymoon!

:welcome: Thanks so much for coming over and joining in!!

hi, read your entire december engagement report and came over here to follow up. love your writing and all the pics. we will be there in august too. so excited to see and hear more.

Just dropping in to say that I finally got all my photobucket pictures replaced in this PTR!! (Hopefully the May TR will follow shortly!) For anyone who missed them and wanted to see the wedding-y type pictures: i.e. cake decor, cake topper, bouquet, etc., that's in THIS POST. I'll be back soon [tomorrow??] with a full update.

hi, read your entire december engagement report and came over here to follow up. love your writing and all the pics. we will be there in august too. so excited to see and hear more.

Thanks for coming over here, and :welcome:!!! You're a special human being if you've managed to make your way through my December TR and still have energy left to come back here for more! When are you going in August? Maybe we'll run into each other in the "real world" :)

bought chocolates at a chocolate museum/factory,
Now that's my kind of museum!

We also got all our outstanding balances for the wedding and our Florida hotel ressies all paid off!!
:thumbsup2

We've also decided that it looks like N's parents will be driving down to Boston(ish) with me to pick up N from the show he'll be working at, and they'll drive his truck back home to Canada, while he hops in with me and continues to trek to Florida. I'm incredibly grateful to them for doing us this favour, and for having some company for the drive in case I get tired, etc. ...but as lovely as they are...we've hardly spent any time together, we're very different people, and I have a feeling it's going to be a very long 6+ hours. Hope they're cool with my Disney playlist!
:laughing: I've known my MIL over 20 years and I try not to be alone in the car with her for more than 20 minutes!
AUG. 18

This is going to be a Family Day for my side of the family!
Yay!

Or...at least it was going to be. Now it's going to be a Most-of-the-Family Day.
Oh

I've already asked N's permission, even though we'll be newly married, to sit with my mom and share some of these experiences with her too off and on throughout the day. Of course, he's awesome, and he agreed.
He IS awesome, and keeper :goodvibes You have many years ahead of you to ride together so I think it's great you'll ride with mom. I'm sure you'll be in Disney more often with N than her in the future!

The afternoon we've left pretty open. I've still never seen the Festival of Fantasy Parade, so if we can brave the heat I might suggest this
I want you to see FoF because even though I wasn't a fan at first, it's grown on me and I love it BUT, I'll be honest with you - it's hard to watch in August :scared: Here's what we've done since my 15yo macho man still stops to watch it every trip lol. Around 2:15 we go to the Shootin' Arcade in Frontierland; there's usually lots of open spots in front of there at that time. The boys shoot while Steve and I watch for crowds to form. If they get heavy (which the last couple years they haven't until just before the parade starts) one of the kids will grab a spot; otherwise they don't go down until the music starts. Steve and I stay on the steps of the arcade because really, the only thing you don't have a great view of from up there are the characters that walk on the ground. That way we're in the shade, and even the kids are until shortly before it starts.

N and I both agreed that we'll have lots of time for the two of us on our honeymoon, but we're both excited to share a little Disney magic with our families while they're there. While it might be a little unconventional to spend the first day after your wedding with your whole immediate family, I wouldn't want to plan it any differently.
Love this paragraph :love:

we will be there august 21-29 including our very long travel days. driving from ny with friends in a 12 passenger van :car:

we will be there august 21-29 including our very long travel days. driving from ny with friends in a 12 passenger van :car:

Sounds like a time!! I'm sure you'll have some excellent memories though. We may cross paths then! And we're also driving from about 6 hours east of Maine...here goes nothin'! :P

:laughing: I've known my MIL over 20 years and I try not to be alone in the car with her for more than 20 minutes!

This is probably a safe plan! I'm sure I'll live to regret it...

He IS awesome, and keeper :goodvibes You have many years ahead of you to ride together so I think it's great you'll ride with mom. I'm sure you'll be in Disney more often with N than her in the future!

He's pretty fabulous, have to say. I'm sure this is very true!

I want you to see FoF because even though I wasn't a fan at first, it's grown on me and I love it BUT, I'll be honest with you - it's hard to watch in August :scared: Here's what we've done since my 15yo macho man still stops to watch it every trip lol. Around 2:15 we go to the Shootin' Arcade in Frontierland; there's usually lots of open spots in front of there at that time. The boys shoot while Steve and I watch for crowds to form. If they get heavy (which the last couple years they haven't until just before the parade starts) one of the kids will grab a spot; otherwise they don't go down until the music starts. Steve and I stay on the steps of the arcade because really, the only thing you don't have a great view of from up there are the characters that walk on the ground. That way we're in the shade, and even the kids are until shortly before it starts.

Yeah, I really want to see FoF, and it keeps getting put off till the next trip because our touring style always has us taking afternoon breaks while the parade is happening. But in August with the heat I'm expecting it to be pretty brutal. It may have to wait till January... I'm never gonna see this parade!!

How come every day leading up to the wedding seems to go faster and faster? Why is it that the more you have looming over you to get done, and the less time you have in which to accomplish it, the shorter the days become!?

I've gotten a few more things checked off my list today, including replacing ALL the Photobucket photos in my TRs (what a task!), calling Disney to sort out a tech support issue, and finishing making our MNSSHP costumes! We're going as Peter Pan (me) and his shadow (N), which makes sense as I may have mentioned since the party takes place in the evening, which is when your shadows stretch in length, and N is much taller than I am. :thumbsup2

We found N's costume pieces pretty easily — black shorts and a black polo are hard to mess up. Mine were harder. I couldn't find green shorts in the colour I wanted, but I found some slightly more muted shorts that were fine and that I may actually wear again. The problem was a green polo! IMPOSSIBLE to find! There was a perfect one in the men's section at Old Navy, but it was XL...which I am not. I looked everywhere, mostly in men's sections so it wouldn't be too fitted. In the end I ended up buying a white polo and dyeing it kelly green, which actually worked incredibly well! My hands are still stained slightly turquoise though...I guess they really mean it on those box labels when they tell you to wear rubber gloves... :confused: Fortunately I still have 2.5 weeks for the colour to fade from my hands! I also completed our hats today, which I sewed and glue-gunned from felt.

I also realized that in my last post I forgot to mention that I've got a possible Dismeet pencilled in with @chunkymonkey on the 18th before her lunch ADR at CRT! I'm also hoping to possibly meet up with @KathyM2 in the MK that evening if we both end up back there.

For anyone reading along who's also travelling at the same time and who was thinking about a possible Dismeet, I'm about to release the current draft of my spreadsheet. Let me know if you notice a place where we might cross paths.

So here it is...the spreadsheet of doom which details all the rest of our trip plans...

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

The Giant Spreadsheet of Doom

fz6cpP3.jpg

I've left some empty spaces, both in the spreadsheet, and in the plans themselves, to allow us to recharge and stay out of the heat, and give us some flexibility. So, according to the almighty spreadsheet, the rest of our trip will go as follows:

AUG. 19:

We check out of CSR, and during the limbo period between resorts we'll spend our day at Discovery Cove!! I already did a post on this, so I won't go into too much detail. But we'll want to go really early in the A.M. so we can get checked in and get good early times for our dolphin swim and N's underwater tour. I'll be selecting a couple good books to take in case the water and the sun become too much for me. And I'm really looking forward to breaking in my underwater camera and petting some sting rays. :lovestruc

We'll check in to the POLY (no big deal) and get settled. If we have energy left after DC, since it closes fairly early in the evening, I have FP+ for the safari, FOP, and ROL, and then they have EMH there until midnight...which I'll never make it through...but it's a nice thought.

AUG. 20:

I wanted to make sure we had some time to enjoy our short stay at the Poly, so we have breakfast at Kona, and then I have nothing in particular booked until afternoon. We may enjoy the resort and take it easy, or we may go to a water park for opening and splash around for a couple of hours, etc. This is also my back-up-plan-day to meet with Su-Lynn if the 18th doesn't work out, since she'll be leaving on the Tragical Express from Poly this day.

We're heading to Epcot later in the day, and depending on how hot it is and how we're feeling, I might look into doing the Behind the Seeds tour this day. I haven't booked it in advance though because I don't know how we'll feel, and I know the greenhouses are really hot, especially in the summer.

We have FP+ for Soarin', LWTL, and Nemo, with a Coral Reef dinner sandwiched in the middle. I know some people have given mediocre or poor reviews of Coral Reef, but we've had one amazing meal there and one decent one, and we really like the atmosphere and watching the fish. I just couldn't really bring myself to cancel it, so we'll be dining with the fishes...:fish:I'm hoping to catch Illuminations this night since it'll be so meaningful after our wedding ceremony.

AUG. 21:

I was excited to snag a PPO breakfast at BOG, and I've pre-ordered our meals. Afterwards we'll probably try to get a ride in on 7DMT and/or other Fantasyland must-dos. The rest of the day is open until our Kona dinner at the Poly. Then we'll head back to the MK for our FP+ for Splash, 7DMT, and BTMRR (which have actually been pushed an hour later since the spreadsheet was updated! Ooops!) I love the mountain rides as it's getting dark, and it'll be a new experience for N. If we didn't get to HEA with my family, this will also be our chance! :cool1:

AUG. 22:

Another Epcot day! (We planned monorail parks when we'd be staying at a monorail resort.) We'll have our Ohana breakfast (which I'm unreasonably excited about! I even bought a Lilo dress and got N a Hawaiian shirt to wear!) Then we check out of the Poly and head to Epcot for a FP for Frozen. We'll walk over to Beach Club for our Beaches and Cream lunch ADR. Then the afternoon will consist of FP for SE and Character Spot, as well as checking in to the timeshare at Orange Lake...I just haven't determined what order that'll happen in yet. We have a dinner ADR at Cape May and we're looking forward to the seafood since we come from the east coast.

AUG. 23:

This day may or may not include any Disney time at all. I have MK FP for HM, BTMRR, and 7DMT for evening, and MK has EMH that night, but we may or may not make it there depending on how we feel. The big event of the day will be driving to Tampa and hitting Busch Gardens. I'm excited for the zoo-type activities for myself, and for the variety of rollercoasters for N. They also have a paid activity where you can ride in a special truck and feed giraffes, so I'll be looking into that when we arrive in the morning! N has never been to Busch, and I haven't been in about 13 years.

AUG. 24:

I realized a while ago that I'd ended up sandwiching our AK days back to back since AK is closest to the timeshare, but when N and I talked about it we both thought that was fine. The highlight of the day will be starting with Wild Africa Trek! I've bought a chest mount for the GoPro so I can film the experience. We also have FP for Safari, FOP, and ROL (which we'll probably change if we've already seen it), and we have a dinner ADR at Sanaa, which will be an exciting first for us both.

AUG. 25:

Our second full-ish AK day! We're eating breakfast at Boma—be still, my heart! Did you know they'll make you a jungle juice mimosa here!??—and FP-ing River Journey, Safari, and Everest (for N).

That evening the fun continues...with MNSSHP! I may come back later with a post about my party priorities...

AUG. 26:

This is the day we check out of the timeshare and into our one-night reservation at WL! It'll be a busy day, but hopefully we'll squeeze in a little downtime at the lodge to get acquainted with it. :lovestruc We may or may not go back to AK for morning EMH depending on how much we got done in Pandora and whether we missed anything. Then we have a 10:10 ADR for Tusker House breakfast. After breakfast we'll check in to WL, hang out there, and stay until after our lunch ADR at WCC.

Ok, I'm gonna' stop here for a second...

I know how much food is happening this day. It's insane.

BUT, I'm the kind of person who gets full easily and then will be hungry two hours later. And I know that what I really want at Brown Derby later that night is just the cobb salad, so hopefully I'll be fine to fill up like crazy on breakfast and lunch and have a light dinner...

Our afternoon/evening plans at DHS are mostly for N's benefit: FP for R'n'R, ToT, and Star Tours. But I'm really looking forward to our Brown Derby ADR (I've had bad luck with things going wrong and me getting sick the last two times I've been here, so I want to break the cycle!), and I'm desperate to see Fantasmic again since we missed it on our last two trips.

AUG. 27:

We have breakfast back at WCC (OMG gluten free breakfast skillet though!!!) and sadly check out of WL. Then we're en route to Daytona, where we have a one-night reservation and plans to get N to the beach. He's never been to Daytona, and I haven't been since I was about 11, so we thought it would be a good way to end things.

Then the morning of the 28th, we'll be hitting the road for the longest and saddest 35+ hours of our lives...but we don't talk about that part...

And there we have it!

tW2WJ4g.gif

Sorry, I know that was a lot of info! Things are still in flux, and we're hoping to stay fairly flexible with the plan. But there's enough structure to make me feel like we're not missing out on anything important. I can't believe how close it's getting!!

Last edited:
I also just ordered a GoPro because my mom decided that she wanted one for the wedding...but then that she'd just gift it to us after the wedding for filming things from our trip! Yay!

That is super cool. Those things look like so much fun.

We've instructed my family that the earlier they get to the park, the more likely they are to have short waits for things. Then we'll meet them at...

If they've never been...they probably don't get how important that is...but you've told them and if they don't choose to get up early...you can say "I told you so" lol (or just think it :))

Why is it that the more you have looming over you to get done, and the less time you have in which to accomplish it, the shorter the days become!?

I totally know what you mean. You have far more going on than me in the upcoming days but even for me time seems to be speeding up!!

I also realized that in my last post I forgot to mention that I've got a possible Dismeet pencilled in with @chunkymonkey on the 18th before her lunch ADR at CRT! I'm also hoping to possibly meet up with @KathyM2 in the MK that evening if we both end up back there.

Yay!! I do hope this works out on the 18th! I looked through your plans and as of now that looks like the best option! But I totally understand that you have a lot going on and coordinating the family that is with you may also add some challenge!! So do not worry at all if it doesn't work. I would love to meet you and say congrats though if it works!

I was excited to snag a PPO breakfast at BOG,

I would be excited about this too!! We got a BOG breakfast but not PPO...and I'm excited about that...but PPO would be EXTRA exciting!

If they've never been...they probably don't get how important that is...but you've told them and if they don't choose to get up early...you can say "I told you so" lol (or just think it :))

Most of my family has been before, but some of them haven't been in about 10 years. But I've also talked their ears off about our recent trips and what changes have been made at Disney, etc., so I think they might be okay. And you're right—I've warned them, so I've done my duty whether they listen or not! I'm more worried about Nathan's family since none of them have ever been before. They didn't seem to grasp how true some of these things really were, like the importance of booking things far in advance, or getting to the parks for rope drop for the lines/heat. I think they expect that a long line would be like 20 minutes, when in reality that's typically a pretty short line. I sobered them up a bit when they were talking about how they might do AK for Pandora and I told them that since they hadn't booked their FP 60 days in advance for it that it's entirely possible that they'd have to wait in lines for Pandora rides that were 1-3 hours or more.

I totally know what you mean. You have far more going on than me in the upcoming days but even for me time seems to be speeding up!!

It goes so fast now!! Next thing we know, we'll be there...you girls even sooner than me!

Yay!! I do hope this works out on the 18th! I looked through your plans and as of now that looks like the best option! But I totally understand that you have a lot going on and coordinating the family that is with you may also add some challenge!! So do not worry at all if it doesn't work. I would love to meet you and say congrats though if it works!

I hope we can work this in! I'll send you my contact info, and we can play it by ear on the 18th. I'd love to meet you and say a quick hello, but no pressure if it doesn't work out easily.

I would be excited about this too!! We got a BOG breakfast but not PPO...and I'm excited about that...but PPO would be EXTRA exciting!

We've never done a PPO breakfast before!! I know some of the novelty is lost now that Main Street is open to everyone before "rope drop," but I'm still excited to get into the park early and see an empty Fantasyland, and possibly beat the rush for rides like 7DMT :)

Caesar! The 2012 Nissan Juke!
Nice!! I have owned 3 Nissans since I have been driving! They are the best little cars! I get tired of it after a while and trade it in only to wish I had my Nissan back!

TODAY MARKS 3 WEEKS UNTIL WEDDING DAY!
Sooooo close!!!!

Hope they're cool with my Disney playlist!
I mean they are going to Disney for the wedding right???? Got to set the mood somehow??

My hands are still stained slightly turquoise though...I guess they really mean it on those box labels when they tell you to wear rubber gloves
oops :sad2:

For anyone reading along who's also travelling at the same time and who was thinking about a possible Dismeet, I'm about to release the current draft of my spreadsheet. Let me know if you notice a place where we might cross paths.
I am pretty bummed I will miss y'all by 13 days!

I love the mountain rides as it's getting dark, and it'll be a new experience for N. If we didn't get to HEA with my family, this will also be our chance!
Ohh they are my favorite at night!

We'll have our Ohana breakfast (which I'm unreasonably excited about! I even bought a Lilo dress and got N a Hawaiian shirt to wear!)
I can't wait to see pictures!

The highlight of the day will be starting with Wild Africa Trek! I've bought a chest mount for the GoPro so I can film the experience.
Ohhh this sounds fun! Hope we get to see some video!

Our second full-ish AK day! We're eating breakfast at Boma—be still, my heart! Did you know they'll make you a jungle juice mimosa here!??—
Didn't know they had the mimosas there but I did see where they had m&m pancakes and that reason alone is why I booked a breakfast there.

Sorry, I know that was a lot of info! Things are still in flux, and we're hoping to stay fairly flexible with the plan. But there's enough structure to make me feel like we're not missing out on anything important. I can't believe how close it's getting!!
It will be here in no time! I can't wait to read all about it when you get back! I hope y'all have the best wedding ever and the best trip! Savor every moment because it will fly by! Best Wishes!!:goodvibes

I know I'm a bit late to the party but I'm following along and will definitely be looking forward to the official TR! Congrats on your upcoming wedding! All of your plans sounds absolutely wonderful and it's going to be such a beautiful trip for you guys!

...a Disney wedding is NOT the traditional wedding they envisioned for their son. They're coming around a bit now (his mother and one of his sisters are finding Disney things to be excited about,) but we got an awful lot of flak for how "selfish" it was to have a destination wedding that his whole ginormous family was not invited to or could not afford to attend.

I'm so sorry you've had to deal with so much pre-wedding drama but regardless, it's still YOUR day and unfortunately the in-laws need to realize that. I would love for someone in my family to have a DFTW planned and I don't see this being selfish in the least. It's supposed to be the happiest day in your life and what better way to celebrate that than being in the Happiest Place on Earth? Plus the rest of the family can celebrate with you guys when you get home! 2 parties for the price of 1 in my opinion!

Then part-way through the week I got my official acceptance letter letting me know I got into a masters program at a university here in speech language pathology.

Congrats girl! I work with Speech Pathologists every day on my hospitals neuro floor and I absolutely adore them and respect what they do, it can't be an easy job!

There! So, if you've read to this point then thanks for being super allies and getting through that downer paragraph with me! You're all beautiful people.

I've definitely been there and had those weeks/months where I feel so incredibly down but I'm glad you guys got to go to Disney for a weekend to combat those feelings.

The Giant Spreadsheet of Doom

fz6cpP3.jpg

This chart is like a dream! You're so organized, I'm jealous lol

I can't wait to read more about this trip! You're so close to the end of your countdown!

That spreadsheet is intense and I love it!!

Your honeymoon plans all sound so fun! So much great stuff lined up for you guys!!

Jungle Juice mimosa...omg sign me up!!

I've gotten a few more things checked off my list today, including replacing ALL the Photobucket photos in my TRs (what a task!),

That's pretty impressive! I couldn't remember what pictures I used that disappeared, so I'm not even going to try to replace them.:rolleyes:

We're going as Peter Pan (me) and his shadow (N), which makes sense as I may have mentioned since the party takes place in the evening, which is when your shadows stretch in length, and N is much taller than I am. :thumbsup2

What a cute idea! I can't wait to see pictures.:tink:

So here it is...the spreadsheet of doom which details all the rest of our trip plans...

I feel like just about everyone on the DIS has their own version of the spreadsheet of doom--the color-coding on yours is awesome!

I was excited to snag a PPO breakfast at BOG, and I've pre-ordered our meals.

Pre-ordering makes things so much easier when you get there!

We'll have our Ohana breakfast (which I'm unreasonably excited about! I even bought a Lilo dress and got N a Hawaiian shirt to wear!)

I cannot wait to see pictures of these outfits!

We have a dinner ADR at Cape May and we're looking forward to the seafood since we come from the east coast.

I'm ashamed to admit that I don't know this--where is Cape May?

Then we have a 10:10 ADR for Tusker House breakfast.

TUSKER HOUSE:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

I'm the kind of person who gets full easily and then will be hungry two hours later.

ME. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter