YOLO Part: Spooky Season in Potatoland Updated 4/11

Go bills!!!! Disappointing last week but future looks bright I’m in western NY and planning a quick two day trip in February. Hoping lines aren’t as long as your trip for Star Wars area

Crying At Horror Night

When we got back to the cabin everyone was in deep slumber and the cabin was an icebox. I did what everyone else did and took a solid nap. So solid that I slept longer than planned and the only reason I got up was because Joe came in to wake Brittany up. While us girls were sleeping the boys were outside playing cards

51851964392_b41c0acb77.jpg

We all got ready quick for Horror Nights and then it was time to do our group taste test of the new flannel bud light seltzers. We had no high hopes for liking these but after trying the holiday pack the year prior all together it just seemed fitting to do it again this year.

51851807432_c4354d4273.jpg

The can designs, super cute. The fall flavors were not good at all. Would not recommend.

51851964362_49ca5ba5ab.jpg

51852775721_d2819a09c6.jpg

It was finally time for us to start heading to the front to catch an Uber to get to universal. Kiss took the first group to the front on the golf cart and came back for the rest. Since no Uber is big enough for all of us we had to take 2 separate once. Erin, Me and Brittany went in the first one and Marisa was kind enough to go with the boys. We spent the whole ride there in deep conversation and our uber driver sure did some entertainment for free. Since we left first we had some time to kill before the rest of the group showed up. Brittany and I brought a shot and a seltzer to pregame before crying for the rest of the night.

Our first plan of action was to regroup, get through security, find Meredith (who worked Space with Brittany and Joe) and her husband Robert and get some dinner. Half of us went to Panda and the others went to moes. Marisa went to save a table and then she had some boys who looked like they pregamed to hard sat down with her. The one had his head down and we for sure thought he was going to puke everywhere. One of their friends seemed to notice they were missing and came rushing to get them. It was all a very strange situation and I hoped they made it through the night in one piece. Brittany and I shared a whole bunch of orange chicken and noodles and not one bite went wasted

51853432520_68c7b863e3.jpg

After we all ate we had one last stop to go to before we entered the gates of HHN. Before I spent the rest of the night crying, because I hate anything scary, we headed to Fatty Ts for one last drink.

51851807972_125b42fb68.jpg

Before this night my sister Alish asked us to FaceTime her when we were at Fatty Ts. Kiss tried but it was 5am in hong kong so I knew she wouldn't answer. So instead we all drank to her and her love for HHN.

It was at this point that Robert was over Brittany and I real fast. With getting ready for our upcoming wine and dine half marathon we decided to do a quick little race around city walk. Haters gonna hate…and we managed to finish in one piece.

51853100239_eb9ea61f84.jpg

Then it was time to enter HNN…weeks, then days leading up to this was Brittany and I texting back and forth about how we are going to die and never return. So ready or not here we go

51852851778_1264ba6047.jpg

51853100134_34e3a40c8c.jpg

51853099629_6b07b2e99a.jpg

Our first plan of action was go through the haunting of hill house. But before we could even get in line we had to enter our first scare zone…Erins favorite, Chainsaws. Next thing I knew Marisa was throwing me into the scare actors with chainsaws and because of this I was never one who got attacked. With the first scare zone down and I was thinking maybe I would be ok the rest of the night…maybe.

One our way to the back corner of the park we passed by Jack who was out welcoming guests. This was the exact moment when I understood why everyone who loves horror nights love him. Sure a scary killer clown, but was more cool than scary.

51853432460_122590035b.jpg

Before we got in line we got the ever so popular snack of HHN…twister Tator. And we were all fans

51851806247_96c4c401e3.jpg

We took our tators and got in the crazy long line for hill house. While the line was not fun, our group and the company we had was fun. The closer we got the more nervous I got. I have never seen this show, so I knew I would be more confused than anything. But it also meant I had no clue what to expect.

51852774151_de2f6b4141.jpg

I went in thinking I would be eyes down, buried in Erin’s back. But instead I had Marisa koala-ed to my back and screaming the whole time. The conga line through the houses seemed to make the haunted houses easier on me, we weren't just our group sent in. Also the help of covid, with the plastic sheets helped to know when there was a scare actor coming to jump out…but also stay behind it. So while I thought I was evincible during this house, I knew I could not be ok on any other giving year.​

Your group got a little bigger this trip. So much fun!
I somehow managed to get all my best friends to go on a trip all together! Its was a blast having a big group

Go bills!!!! Disappointing last week but future looks bright I’m in western NY and planning a quick two day trip in February. Hoping lines aren’t as long as your trip for Star Wars area
GO BILLS and being in WNY! I hope your quick trip is magical even if its just for 2 days. I hope for you that our lines were just crazy because it was a holiday weekend and kiss were off from school.

We Didn't Die!

After getting through the haunting of hill house we then headed we decided the next house we would tackle was going to be the icons house. On our way over we headed to the pub to grab a quick drink, which then later became the boys buying everyone a round of car bombs.

51852776666_aed9242e4d.jpg

Then we headed over to the Icons house and the line was long…makes sense. During this wait the Bills sunday night game was one so they were all live streaming it and watching it in the line. It was probably an hour wait…and while this was my first horror night, this was my favorite house. Did I know about all the past Horror night characters in this house fighting to be the best? nope not at all. But this house made me love Jack even more and in the end Chance was the winner on the throne. After finishing this house we thought about going to rip ride rocket. But before we did that the boys found the drink cart and purchased the refillable glow up. Erin also got one and she was kind enough to share it throughout the night.

51852775571_560fb3a76d.jpg

At this point Marisa and Spencer broke off from the group. They planned to do rip ride rocket and beetlejuice then call it a night because they had an early morning flight tomorrow. Since everyone just bought another drink, rocket was out for us at the moment so instead we headed to the tribute store, where they had a hallway of youtubers…aka people who paid to get there photo used in this hallway.

51852775681_122013a467.jpg

51852775666_a481674bda.jpg

Here I decided to bite the bullet and purchase the beetlejuice shirt, it was pricey for a shirt but when in rome. With the purchasing of the beetlejuice shirt it was only fitting that we head to the actual house. So on our way to the back Brittany grabbed some food

51852776686_f6a20144af.jpg

And we enjoyed some more scare zones.

51852850798_2968782117.jpg

51852773801_24a5b2374f.jpg

51852851093_6da480d5d1.jpg

We then got in a long line for Beetlejuice. The bills game was still going so everyone was watching that and I was just hitting a wall at this point. Standing still killed my feet and made me ready for bed. But when we finally got to the house it was very much worth it.

51852853093_d977fa98d2.jpg

This was by far the more fun house, it was not scary compared to the other ones but I knew going in that it was going to be one of my favorites. By the end of this our group was slowly going down hill ready to call it a night. The boys still wanted to do rip ride rocket while Brittany and Erin were more than ok with not doing it. So I decided to go with the boys. Who shockingly wanted to go to the pub for one more drink….that thankfully did not happen and we ended up at the pizzeria. I was not really in the mood to spend $12 for a slice of pizza so instead I just got some breadsticks. While we were eating, Erin and Brittany showed up and Brittany told me how she totally ate it and fell coming into the building and she might have just laid on the floor for a minute. Poor kid.

It was at this point that we decided we didn’t need to ride a rollercoaster and call it a night. We were all super tired and ready to just go to sleep. When we made it to the parking garage we had to literally run to our uber. Full on sprint its fine. That sprint made us all fall asleep on the ride home. When we got back to the cabin Marisa and spencer were packing up their things. It was about 2am and the idea of me getting to DAK by 8am was a funny joke I thought I would be doing. But before we all fell asleep I told joe…”Yeah probably wont be happening”

Overall HHN was a nice change, I worried so much about crying the whole time but I ended up enjoying it so much that I’m ready for another go at it next year.​

Baloo Sleepy Like Me

Today was a hard morning to wake up, I woke up for a hot second when Marisa and Spencer got up and left to catch their Tragical Express. I however fell back to sleep and forced myself awake before 8am. My plan was to go to DAK this morning and I knew that I would probably be going solo. As I was about to head out to catch the bus Erin came running out with all her things in her hand ready to join me. (This Erin Sam adventure was lacking in photos)

51892571767_f64d7acdd4.jpg

We ended up getting to DAK around 9ish, this still was early enough for everyone to still be over in Pandora, our plan was not to do that. Instead we headed for Dinosaur, be a tossed salad and wake up a bit. The cutest family was in front of us. The son was telling his sister not to be scared because the dinosaurs aren't real and can’t hurt her. It was beyond precious.

After dinosaur we made our way over to everest for a 15 minute wait. Then ran to harambe to watch the the lion king. While its not the original and the tumble monkeys aren't a thing, it was still nice to have something back. Its not as great as the original and it was an odd experience watching parts just randomly cut out. But again still very glad a part of it is back.

When one show ends another one begins. And with that we headed over to the new kite tails. After watching so many videos of this show around social media it was something I wanted to experience. Erin and I found a nice spot right next to the crash landing spot. While we waited for the show to start we melted a bit in the sun and then it was showtime.

The show lasted a solid minute before they stopped it. Baloo didn’t want to participate apparently, the jet ski started and baloo went straight for the trees.

51893620488_7976010120.jpg

When the rest of the show started back up again the best part was probably watching the landing of king louie. He missed the landing and ended up in the water…

51896071856_39c5fce226.jpg

This show was maybe a good idea at most but the execution was not there.

After the laughable show we decided to call it a day at DAK. Before we headed back to the cabin we decided to head over to AKL for a lunch to go from Sanaa. The butter chicken is my favorite. We ordered our food when we got to the bus line so our food was ready by the time we got to the resort. I grabbed my kids meal butter chicken to go and headed over to Jambo where Erin got food at the QS.

51894187465_0380be3f71.jpg

While we were enjoying our meal Brittany texted me saying everyone was up and alive waiting for us to return. So we ate quickly, caught a bus to back to DAK and a bus to Fort. I was hitting a wall and just wanted to sleep. When we got to Fort Brittany picked us up with the golf cart. I ended up taking a solid 2 hour nap, Erin laid by the pool until it rained on her and the rest of the crew went out joy riding.

Around 4 I felt more like a human with much needed sleep. Everyone was back at the cabin and we decided to do our family dinner tonight. We ordered the family meal from the takeout at fort. Our original plan was if we couldn't experience hoop dee doo this trip that we would do it ourselves. So we ordered the chicken, all the fixings, strawberry shortcake and tried to hook the show to the TV. That part of the experience didn’t want to work for us so instead we just enjoyed a nice family meal with great company.

51895111317_e719d245ac.jpg

51896160368_cc29961eb1.jpg

Over dinner we somehow decided to head over to studios for the night. This was a spur of the moment thing. The boys had a park pass that they never used for today so instead of watching it go to waste they wanted to do Toy story mania. So we ate dinner quick, got ready and were off to studios for the night.​

POTATOLAND!!!!

When we got to Studios the boys just went in and headed for Baseline tap house. This was the moment in the trip where both Erin and I bit the bullet and upgraded to an AP. I knew before we even came down that I would be upgrading because I would be back in less than a month for the wine and dine half marathon so I knew I could make the pass worth the price.

With the APs in hand we were able to now park hop and join the boys inside studios. We found them enjoying their beers and the new friends from Boston they made. Once they were done we headed over for a good competition at TSM.

51910494061_db007b5182.jpg

The 45 min wait turned into just a 15 min wait and we could not be mad about that at all.

51910587893_a8421b1396.jpg

Keep shooting buckaroo its the last game!
And with that I defeated Erin by just a short lead

51911108920_38e63d0ae9.jpg

After TSM we headed to the place I was WAITING FOREVER TO VISIT…POTATOLAND!!!!

No one knew what it was or how I even knew about it. TikTok has become a social media platform that has taught me so much these past few years and Potatoland is one of them.

If you ever want to find this not so hidden but hidden place, its in the theater next to the frozen sing along across from the backlot express. Its the theater that plays the new mickey shorts and they have a room of photo ops when you exit the theater. Fun fact: you don't have to watch the shorts to get yourself to potato land, the door is always open and we walked right on in to an empty room and there the potato sat…

51910493776_7943602be7.jpg

Everyone thought I was crazy for bringing them to a room where a fake potato sat on a stool. I “hyped up the stupidest thing” and I’m ok with that because the whole group got a kick out of it and it didn’t take long before we all were taking photos with it.

51910490441_9172d39df5.jpg

51909525367_9955609328.jpg

51911108780_94f3aa730e.jpg

51910490406_f818a6546d.jpg

My favorite people with my favorite potato

51910807554_d5d876ec98.jpg

Potatoland isn't the only photo op here and Brittany made sure to give the panda some love as she stole Joe’s hat to be one with the panda

51910493491_c3d0040a67.jpg

While most of the group was unimpressed in the long run it didn't take us long before we were all being imagineers and creating a whole ride idea for potatoland.

We wanted to get on tower before we left so we checked the wait time but it was a 90 min wait. Brittany said let’s still go check it out and what I thought she meant was check out the new projections. But no she wanted to see if the line was actually 90 mins. We went to check it out I was there to see the new 50th projection and appreciate the people dancing all the way on top, welcome to the tip top club. The line was long and we decided it was a no go. So we called it a night and headed out of the park.

Brittany was craving ice cream and asked if we could go to springs, I truly was not feeling that it was already late and it takes forever to travel to and from Springs. While I said I wasn’t really feeling it she went to ask Kiss. He also wasn't feeling it. So instead I suggested beaches and cream because it was only a gondola ride away from studios. That was a selling point, so we headed to the skyliner….skyliner was done and the boat line was long. The boys decided they were just going to head back to Fort. So Brittany, Erin and I decided to walk to the Beach Club. Its not an awful walk and Brittany and I thought it could be good practice for us since the walkway is part of the half marathon course. It was a nice walk and once we made it to the boardwalk area I was instantly reminded about how much I love this resort area.

51909525502_4d5c04639e.jpg

When we got to Beaches n cream I didn't realize Brittany wanted to actually sit in the restaurant. Because I wasn’t really feeling waiting for a table I suggested the walk up window because it had the 50th shake that she wanted. So she got that, Erin got a sundae, and I was just wishing we were staying at this resort so I could go swimming in storm along bay.

51910587793_a7fa7d725f.jpg

The milkshake was good…Brittany however was not a fan of the cake. Pretty but nothing too it. So she boxed it up because she knew one of the boys would eat it.
Around 9ish we decided the easiest and quickest way to get back to Fort wilderness would be to uber/lyft. Lyft was the cheaper option so we waited for our ride and made it back to fort. The game night then proceeded to start.
It was a night of card games that kiss took upon himself too teach ever, ride the bus, kings cup

51910810859_0393d86f36.jpg

After the never ending kings cup game we then switched over to jackbox games and made some pizza.
Potatoland still lives on

51909522142_1d0a169218.jpg

The boys made us play some bidding on art game on Jackbox. I had no clue what was going on and because of this I was getting very sleepy. It seemed to make a lot of us sleepy. After that we decided to call it quits and go to sleep. Or so I thought because next thing I knew we were off joy riding on the golf cart to look at all the halloween decorations. This is one of the major reasons I love this resort

51909522082_a6e47289a6.jpg

51911108865_b521ee1fa6.jpg

After a quick ride around the resort we were back and in bed by 1am.​

Potatoland?
Who knew - you learn something new every day.
Your pictures with the potato were cracking me up. :rotfl2:

Last edited:
Into The Thick Of It

Today was a sleep in day and for that I will be forever grateful. We have constantly been go go going on this trip and today we took a break from the parks. It was a lazy morning, when everyone was up we decided to head to the settlement to get some coffee…and the smores latte was great

51921143342_d9bf4f9e42.jpg

51922113241_9766c32889.jpg

We headed back to the cabin and got ready for the day. Our first thing on the list was to head to cast connections. The boys stayed back while us girls decided to head on out in hopes to getting some good deals so we didn't have to buy anything in the parks.

Before we headed to Cast Connections we made a quick stop at Coronado to give Meredith a spirit jersey Brittany picked up for her. She was currently doing casting for the star cruiser and when she came running out she said they had finally staffed the whole new hotel.

We were then off to shop till we drop…or so we thought. There was absolutely nothing today. Normally there is an array of old merchandise from the parks, today there is just all the basketball march from the NBA experience that didn't last long. It was a waste of a trip and we were all very disappointed. And with nothing purchased we headed back to fort.

When we got back we took the golf cart to find us some lunch. We headed to the meadows where I checked out the fort 50th and I was a little disappointed in that as well. The meadows didn't have chicken nuggs. So brittany got her food and we headed to the settlement where I ordered my food way ahead of time so it would be ready by the time I got there.

51921143467_ca22e8cdbe.jpg

We took the food back to the cabin, ate quick and went on to our next adventure for the day. Us girls were off to go kayaking at rock springs which is about a 45 minute drive from Disney property.

I was super excited about this and it was so much fun!
When we got there we checked in with our tour guide Ashley, she was amazing! We waited for the rest of the people to join us before we took off in our kayaks.

51921143117_e201305322.jpg

The whole way to the springs was hard because we were paddling against the current but it was worth it. We also took 2 stops before making it to our final destination.

51922112011_c2ba3e76b0.jpg

Our first stop was a tree. It use to be more a fun tree with a ledge you would climb up to to jump off. However after too many drunk people and a girl who busted her knee they took it down. Mostly because it was there for all not just those taking the tour. So now you can just off the roots of the tree to a deep whole.

51922111706_a1d239e7dd.jpg

After paddling a little bit more we made it to our next stop….which yet again was another tree. This one was more of a picture op tree. The family in our group all got on making it look easier then there was the 3 of us. It was not as easy as it seems. Before we all got up Erin’s first try ended in her falling off into the water and scraping up her legs real good. But we all carefully got on and took a quick shot.

51922206503_35f8e385ae.jpg

At the stop our guide also told us that she loved taking her life vest and use it as a float and just let the currant take you away.

51922111531_1414cfbc5c.jpg

We then loaded back up and paddled our way to the blue springs. We saw a lot of turtles on our way but I was really hoping to see otters (We never saw any though) We finally got to the end of our trip and the water was so pretty…and chilly. But it was worth the sore arms. We had about 10-15 minutes to hang out before we had to head back.

51922111541_3a9b96f2a3.jpg

As we were about to head back the sky opened and it started to rain.

51922445074_edc3d9e359.jpg

So we jumped back into our kayaks and we headed back to the beginning. The best part about going back was finally letting the water pull us. At the point of the trip we got to be lazy and all we truly had to do was steer. So we enjoyed the peaceful ride back in the rain. It was oddly nice with the rain coming down, very peaceful.

51922445084_1424c58577.jpg

It was nice not to do any paddling until Brittany randomly got stuck and we ended up bumper car-ing into her and ended up floating backwards. And like that TikTok goes “Into the thick of it”
When we passed the famous tree…Erin asked if she could get a picture with it. Oh the memories may we never forget how she fell out of it.

51922111756_539016e096.jpg

Overall our kayaking experience was a 10 OUT OF 10. I really enjoyed it, even if it was a real workout in the beginning. I would absolutely do it again. Plus its always nice to explore florida outside the Disney bubble.​

2AM Olympics

When our kayaking adventure ended we headed back to Fort Wilderness. The boys spent the day on their own adventure, from bowling and lunch to escape rooms. When we got back we all wanted to rinse off and then head out yet again to meet the boys at Top Golf. Tuesday night Top golf is 50% off so we always try to make it there when we are in town. We arrived around 7:30ish and found the boys just chilling at the bar. They didn't think to reserve a bay when they got there because they assumed we made reservations…false, we did not so we had to now wait a bit before a bay was open and ready for us.

We finally got to play around 8. The only not so great thing was were were the fathered bay to the side. Maybe one day we will get one in the middle. We set up the game, ordered some drinks and us girls got dinner because we were in need of some.

51922207258_ef8739b3b5.jpg

51937056880_57ee6126e2.jpg

51922113091_30470d4eb8.jpg

51936763004_0f5d3fdd9c.jpg

It was a fun time, we played maybe 1.5 hours. Just your regular game of trying to score high, followed by bejeweled that everyone wasn't a fan of and then back to your regular high score game. After a fun night of pretending to be good at golf and be tiger woods we headed back to the Disney bubble.

When we got back to the cabin it was around 10. Brittany was headed back to work in the morning so before she called in a night we decided to take yet another golf cart joy ride around the grounds to see the decorations because Brittany didn’t join the last time.

51936384171_16d0d43b2e.jpg

51936991535_9aa48b539b.jpg

51936454418_60093aaf18.jpg

51936991455_22a9ef1bd4.jpg

When we got back to the cabin, Brittany called it a night and the rest of us played card games for the night again. First up the group favorite…sushi go

51936697914_2a7b38ac60.jpg

After a few rounds of sushi go, we hooked up the pizazz maker, heated up some pizza and moved onto a new card game that Kiss taught us. The joyous part was when you lost you had to put the box on your head.

51937007800_960da025bd.jpg

We spent all night playing this card game until probably 1:30am. I was about to call it a night when Joe informed me that he brought popcorn for me. So with that I had to make some and it turned out the party wasn't over just yet. By this point we were trying to make Joe do a back bend or handstand. He wouldn't budge. Instead Kiss said he would show him how to do a handstand.

51936714074_9b5d9bf382.jpg

At this point we might have gotten a bit to loud because Brittany came out and told us to be quiet. Fair enough, it was already 2 by this point. We were all now wide awake and instead of staying in the cabin being to noisy for Brittany we decided to find some place in fort to hang out. We decided to go to the settlement, away from the guests and where there were tables to sit at.

The tables were not ended up needed because we ended up just swinging on the swings. While we were just hanging out we decided to play the olympics. The first competition was a race around the playground. Kiss against Joe, Erin against me. Kiss right away took off to the fake rock wall and ate it, the play set was all wet from the sprinklers so it gave it an extra difficulty level.

Competition 2: Gymnastics - we had to do solo dances that include a trick, kick and surprise. It was beyond comical seeing each other create a 30 second routine on the spot.

Competition 3: Duo dances. each routine must include…lift, trick, pose.

51937007790_08a11c0d89.jpg

51936991580_23f3d957ab.jpg

Our fun was cut short when the sprinklers kicked on. So we headed back to the golf cart where we enjoyed our own version of kilimanjaro safari and splash mountain combined. On our ride back Joe wanted to see a Turkey, so by some point we were all making random animal sounds hoping to see something, a deer, turkey, squirrel but nothing. So we got back to the cabin and called it a night at 3am.​

Let's Go to Space

Today we got to sleep in after our fun and eventful night. We didn’t have much planned for today. Our main mission was to get to Epcot and wait in line for the Space lounge. Brittany headed to work, the rest of us got up a little later and headed to Epcot around 10:30. We headed straight to Space 220 to get in the line, there was only one person waiting for the lounge when we got there. Not bad at all. The only bad thing was that it didn’t open until 11:30 so we waited the hour before we could get in.

51950849020_477e5aa30f.jpg

First things first, Kiss has wanted to eat here as soon as it was announced forever ago. So when the news came out that it would be open when we were there I knew I had to fight to get a reservation. I ended up snagging one but the price of the meal just wasn't something we wanted. However because Kiss needed to experience it we decided to try for the lounge just to get us inside. Now you need a reservation for the lounge so the get there as soon as you can doesn't really matter anymore.

51950242051_0a7ed28bd3.jpg

We waited in the florida heat for an hour and we made the best out of it

51950556809_e88629aaed.jpg

Anything new in disney is always exciting because you don't know what to expect. When we were called in we entered the waiting room where we got out ticket to space and waited for the other groups to join us

51950556764_caa49eca1f.jpg

51950552339_7d583f2f2f.jpg

The ride up to space is a fun experience and once we got to the actual restaurant we were seated at the bar. They fill up the bar seating before they fill up the lounge tables.

51950853520_a7bcd23840.jpg

51950849075_45f85c0acc.jpg

First up was drinks. I went with the Planetary Punch - Bacardi Silver, Malibu, Blue Curacao, Guava, Coconut. It was your basic tropical drink that was purple with some dry ice.

51950246341_8edf65a3d0.jpg

But out of all the drinks Joe’s was by far everyones favorite. The red star - Jameson, Monin Dragon Fruit, Fresh Lemon, Onyx. The bartender told us that it almost didn’t make it on the menu but the bartenders all loved it so it stayed.

51949262167_f490368acc.jpg

The drinks were good, the food was good. I went with the cauliflower and I thoroughly enjoyed it. However do I think that a stack of deep fried cauliflower is worth $20…absolutely not. But I knew that coming into this experience. It was just for that…the experience. Something new.

51949262172_34aae15e46.jpg

Overall of Space experience was good, we all enjoyed what we got. I just don’t think its a restaurant we will be needing to do over and over again.

51950848460_f941f22e58.jpg

51950246426_ff6b023f57.jpg

After our dinner in space we decided to head back to space and take a trip to Mars. Joe waited with us but jump ship before we got on.

51949266412_56d3b5952e.jpg

We waited forever in our little capsule before the ride actually started and one thing you might know if how they pump in the cold air. I was freezing and ready to make our adventure to Mars so I could go back into the warmth.

We found Joe chilling at the exit when we got off and we headed to one last stop before calling it a day at Epcot. Club cool was officially back open and we were ready to all go enjoy some beverly again.

51950246716_bd45b1b21b.jpg

51950319853_52885d368e.jpg

Walking into the new club cool and not having your feet get stuck to the sticky floor was a whole new world. Beverly is still awful, the sour plum is not a sour plum and tastes like liquid BBQ sauce and if I had to choose my favorite would have to be the cucumber sprite because its refreshing or the raspberry one.

After our little taste testing we headed next door to the new creations shop. Personally I don't think it is as good as mouse gears was but it is what it is. We called it a day and headed back to the cabin around 2:30ish.

I had yet to go to the pool at all this trip so Erin and I headed down for a bit while we waited for Brittany to get back from work.

51949262252_69b3abaaba.jpg

We got a good hour in the warm sun until the clouds came rolling in. Next thing I knew I was being awoken by cold rain drops hitting me. The rain was just a sprinkle so it wasn't a mad dash to get out, but after awhile we did decide to call it a day by the pool and take a quick nap once we returned back to the cabin.​

One Last Night At Fort

Brittany arrived to the cabin around 4:30ish after she got out of work. Us girls decided to go to MK just because we could. So we got ready and Kiss was kind enough to drive us to the settlement to catch a boat. Before we got to the dock we saw all the food trucks out so we decided to grab some dinner here before going to the park.

I ended up going with the grilled cheese truck because Im a sucker for cheese and bacon. It was good and better priced than any Disney food. Erin got a pizza cone that looked bomb.

51950246371_9131d2b03e.jpg

After we ate we jumped on a boat to the kingdom. I will say this 100 times, but the boat ride to MK is the most superior mode of transportation and experience. I love it, its peaceful they play some great bops. And when you finally make your way to seven seas lagoon when you see the train station with the castle in the background…thats my favorite.

51978746092_0d82417a15.jpg

We really had no plans for the night, by this time we only had about 3 hours at most. So we weren't expecting to get much done. We just wanted to walk around and embrace that magic kingdom feels.

51979823163_61ce463217.jpg

51978746582_e171d8960e.jpg

Its a great feeling being an AP holder once again

51980032769_954744118e.jpg

51980032804_fce377f5f4.jpg

We headed over to tomorrowland where we decided to grab some photos by CoP and since we were there I would never just walk away from it without experiencing it.

CoP is one of my favorites so when Brittany asked me to join her in the whole Etsy thing, I knew right away that I had to make a CoP shirt.

51980311050_2008023263.jpg

51980311515_abf4536905.jpg

After our trip back in time to experience all the progress we have made throughout the centuries we then headed back to Main Street. We were trying to figure out if we were going to stay for fireworks or beat the crowds out. We decided to play it by ear, so we did some shopping in the emporium. Erin grabbed some 50th merchandise and then we headed across the street to the confectionary. Brittany was in need of some sweets so we went to check out the new store. We walked around the whole place and Brittany was very upset that minnie bakeshop cookies are no longer a thing. She was obsessed with those. And now they are no longer a thing.

At this point everyone was packing themselves like sardines for the fireworks. Erin asked if we could stay for at least the beginning. So we found a spot that we could sneak out of by the flag pole. Brittany and I weren't all that thrilled, HEA was great and personally I think this new version is almost like a rough draft of it. We were stuck behind people with kids on their shoulders, it just wasn't the best. So we watched for a bit before we left.

51978746842_03179ab4cd.jpg

The boat was waiting for us when we got out of the park and we finished watching the fireworks on the boat ride back

51979752736_aae1fbb51b.jpg

When we got back to Fort the boys were waiting for us at the settlement with the golf cart. Brittany however was still in the dessert mood so we quickly headed back to the food trucks and grabbed some flavored Italian ice.

51979752626_028af35bde.jpg

51978746472_1612a501ca.jpg

When we got back to the cabin it was the dreaded “time to start packing up” that lasted maybe a few minutes before we decided we should probably take apart the golf cart with all the decorations. But that only led to one last joy ride around the camp ground for our last night. We made it to the meadows before we turned back around to grab some snacks for the ride. We rode around until 11ish, we saw some new decorations, chalk drawings and went trick or treating.

51979752721_cfc707a5f7.jpg

51980032504_f50a79fb31.jpg

When we got back we undecorated the golf cart, Brittany decided to head back home to get a good sleep before work tomorrow morning, and the rest of us packed up all our stuff so we were ready to leave tomorrow.

We still had a fridge full of some snacks and drinks, so that was our plan for the rest of the night. We ended up playing beer ball to get ride of the seltzers and within the first 5 mins I smacked my head on the light and pretty much concussed myself. dead but survived

51978941072_d83bc826e0.jpg

After that we stuck to card games again. By 1am Erin and I called it a night because we planned to go to MK one last time tomorrow morning. The boys however stayed up until 3:30 again because they are crazy.​

Now It's Time To Say Goodbye

Today was the last day of waking up in Disney, it was an early wake up. We had everything packed up and the suitcases by the door before we left by 8am. The boys were chilling this morning so they were kind enough to take our stuff and put it in storage for us. Kiss dropped Erin and I at the settlement so we could catch the boat one last time to MK.

51994943371_eb25835f9b.jpg

The half hour extra for the resorts guests seemed to be just a line to scan your magic band to be let in. But once we got through that we headed over to Space mountain. Luckily it was still early enough for the line to just be that constant walking until you get to your rocket. Once we got off space we headed over to frontierland. The line for thunder was ridiculous. It was already on the bridge and over by pecos bill. So we decided to pass on that. When we went to check on splash we learned why the thunder line was so long, splash was down and the CMs had created a line out in front that never means a good thing.

There was a small line starting to form so we decided to jump in incase it opened soon. Plus we had no other plans for today so we were ok with waiting. A CM came out and was not very happy nor magical. She was very sarcastic and informed us that we were not in line and that they had no clue when they would be opening. No one moved and everyone started talking about how rude she was once she walked away. She came back around maybe 5 minutes later and proceeded to tell us yet again everything she told us 5 minutes earlier and while she was in the middle of her speech saying it would be awhile until they opened the line started moving and we were let in…a bit awkward for her.

51994996018_5ee4f36b83.jpg

We had a chance for one more ride before we left and with Erin that means pirates so we headed over there. After pirates we headed back to Main street and Erin grabbed all the 50th merch. And before we could ever leave the kingdom we took a few pictures with the castle.

51994933236_7406cf6ae7.jpg

51995204589_31be7b0dcd.jpg

51994933126_9fe8ce93d0.jpg

51995481200_79e120cbdf.jpg

51994995788_021137d67b.jpg

Before we left Erin wanted to grab the famous mickey bar, so we went to wait in the not so long but took forever line. While she waited I watched one of the cavalcades as it made its way from frontier land to main street

51995486570_b219373c6e.jpg

Next thing I knew Erin came walking up with not just a mickey bar but also a mickey pretzel. The cute paper that came with the pretzel was a 10 out of 10

51995214794_7b79ddb7f3.jpg

51995476190_fca43e9f2b.jpg

And with that we headed out of the kingdom. Until next time. The good thing was that we were already running behind on schedule so there was no time to mope when leaving, rip the band aid off and run off to the boat dock.

51995001203_a5740bff61.jpg

51995217204_e00f3961a3.jpg

Lucky for us the boat was there waiting for us, so we jumped aboard and headed over to WL to meet the boys for lunch at our favorite last day in Disney lunch spot, Geyser Point.

51995486185_2c179ff997.jpg

Probably the best job on all Disney property

51995214749_3d6bf51890.jpg

As soon as we docked at WL and walked over to Geyser point I instantly got happy and sad. I love this resort, I love fort wilderness but WL is beautiful and perfect as well. Im very much obsessed with this resort.

51994937951_27375dff9e.jpg

When we got to Geyser Point the boys were already there with a table waiting for us. I was excited to try the margarita flight they had for the halloween season.

51994991368_c719f8e39f.jpg

First up was the Black Magic, which was your spicy margarita. This was probably my second favorite, our waiter was disappointed in me that it wasn't my favorite.
Second was the poison apple, it was ok, apple flavored things aren't really my favorite.
Third was blood orange…basic blood orange margarita
and lastly was the Pumpkin. My basic fall girl vibes loved this one the most.

51995204484_01738290c6.jpg

They got rid of the chicken sandwich which was super sad as well as the waffle fries. So today I went with the turkey sandwich which was your basic sandwich with cranberry mayo and apples.
After lunch we headed to the bus stop and waited for the bus between WL and Fort to take us back to Fort. While we waited for a bus to show I had them all play Name that disney tune.

“Let Me call you sweetheart Im in love with you” Hoop Dee Doo
“Well there he goes he hardly knows the heart he's breaking” Country Bears
“America spread your golden wings sail on freedoms wind across the sky” America Adventure
“Just make believe you're a tiny little seed” the land
The bus came and we were off to Fort, with one last stop at the settlement I went to pick up a Fort shirt. The CM who cashed me out noticed my CoP tattoo and told me how it was her favorite attraction. And that for MNSSHP she dressed up at Patty in the statue of liberty costume. Love that!
The saddest sight to see…but super excited to have to return super soon!

51994942971_f3a0bb6a7b.jpg

After Erin and I headed to the new stables and went to check out the horses.

51995001423_25611013dd.jpg

51995480955_6a7171bbef.jpg

51994995833_83e8c5d068.jpg

At this point we all got a message from southwest informing us that our flight had been delayed 2 hours and we were suppose to be catching the tragical express in less than a half hour. We contemplated waiting it out at the resort poolside instead of heading to the airport now 5 hours early. For some reason we didn't do this and decided to just get to the airport in hopes the delayed flight changed.

I zonked hard on the tragical express to the airport and then we occupied ourselves at the airport until the plane wanted to take us back home.

51993931792_e5c5cbe52d.jpg

51994991323_030d32a6f9.jpg

51994999563_eff174d913.jpg

And as the story goes, the plane came and we were taken back home. Until next time….which for me was soon because I was headed back for the wine and dine half marathon a few weeks later.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter