YodasMom.. report in....

PrincessNancy96

Scrapbook Mom
Hey YodasMom report in when you can..

DH is in the Chicago-land area (IN side of it) but said you all are getting hammered left and right w/ storms.. He said it was so bad today that they had to have the entire building ushered to the center of the building because of tornado sirens going off...and than about 30 minutes later they said more wicked storms were going in and for everyone to head home to their families.. Of course.. DH could go no where but a hotel... :(

Anyway, wanting to make sure you are okay and make sure that sump pump is still working!!!

The news here in TX is showing large trees fallen on cars and the roads flooded in that area.

Hope you are okay.:hug:

Hey YodasMom report in when you can..

DH is in the Chicago-land area (IN side of it) but said you all are getting hammered left and right w/ storms.. He said it was so bad today that they had to have the entire building ushered to the center of the building because of tornado sirens going off...and than about 30 minutes later they said more wicked storms were going in and for everyone to head home to their families.. Of course.. DH could go no where but a hotel... :(

Anyway, wanting to make sure you are okay and make sure that sump pump is still working!!!

Ugh!!! :scared:

I'm home now, but it took me 6 hours to drive what normally takes me an hour to an hour 15 minutes! It was just awful today, and yes I was driving around the Chicagoland area in it. I kept having to pull into parking lots and went into stores to get out of the weather. At one point, everyone was told to go to the back of the building I was inside due to the warnings. Each time I headed back out to the car, I drove a little ways and just crept along, then the black clouds would come along and I had to stop again. Traffic lights were out, there were accidents, you couldn't see because it was raining so hard. Trees were down everywhere on cars, homes, and in the roads, and flooding has been horrible all over the area. There were 75 mph winds. O'hare Airport closed twice during the afternoon - evening and there were mega cancellations and delays.

Before the night is over, we will have set a record for the wetest August. It's rained torrentially every day since last Friday. Plus, we had some other bad storms the last couple of weeks that led to long power outages. The sump pump is working overtime, though, as long as the power is on. I think my basement is still dry. I'm not up to checking tonight!

I'm still up, trying to unwind, but I'm safe!! Thanks so much for checking!
Hope your DH gets home safely tomorrow. It's best for him to stay inside till it's clear enough to drive home. Look at me preach...I don't practice it! LOL!

Great to hear from you YM!!! I was worried!!! I hope DH waits it out..but he is like you... wants to just get home...

We have had nothing in days.. We got something Sunday night.. a lightning storm...nothing more...

Off to check the news because last night when I went to bed the area was getting hammered again...

Stay safe!

NW Indiana is a mess (as is Chicago). My campus has trees down and several building closed due to flooding and no electricity. It's been up and down since last week. We were even closed one day. Some of our outdoor lighting was knocked over yesterday. Many of the streets in our area are closed because of tree damage and the flooding. 94 has some lanes closed and it took my dd an hour to drive about 10 miles.

The worst thing last night was driving home in the rain with the lightening striking all around us. It was scary.

Luckily our house and neighborhood is fine.

PN96 - Hope dh made it home ok
YM - Hope things are ok in your area

Good to hear everyone is doing well!!! :hug: It has been awful the past few days :sad2: I hope we see an end to this insane weather soon!!

We've been getting "hammered" every day and night since last Friday, and then several other times this month. It just doesn't let up! It's supposed to be bad again this afternoon, so if your DH can get out earlier, that would be smart. I'm headed back out in about an hour for more fun!

And, having a goofy 4 1/2 month old puppy means I'm out in it walking around in the swamp literally about 20 times a day, otherwise he just fools around out there!

Great to hear from you YM!!! I was worried!!! I hope DH waits it out..but he is like you... wants to just get home...

We have had nothing in days.. We got something Sunday night.. a lightning storm...nothing more...

Off to check the news because last night when I went to bed the area was getting hammered again...

Stay safe!

Sending some sunshine your way!
clip-sunshine.gif

I still haven't heard from DH.. I'm () to calling his boss to find out what she knows... I'm going to start the pager, cell phone bounce in 5 minutes.. I hate NOT knowing...

YodasMom, hope this dries up a little!

PN96, hope DH gets out early!

:wizard: Sending PD for everyone!!

Thank goodness he made it home safe and sound.:)

PN96 - Glad DH got home. The area is still a mess - a major highway is flooded so traffic is a mess. Lots of people still without power, including my mil. We offered but she doesn't want to leave her house - I don't blame her.

The sun did come out this afternoon though - maybe it took a clue from Dyan.

Glad your DH got out and home OK, Nancy!

A lot of offices and businesses were closed today. My work appointment was canceled due to closures as well from the storms. We've had a lot of dark skies today, but it hasn't rained yet other than sprinkling today, so hopefully it won't tonight. My basement is still dry...Yay!! I'm so glad I had all the landscaping and drainage repairs done last year.

Thanks for the good wishes from everyone!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter