YOAMD's question

crazylena

Earning My Ears
I'm just curious. Are they still doing the Year of a Millian dreams? Are family members of cast members allowed to win any of the prizes. I'm assuming that we would not be able to win any of the bigger ones like a night in the castle, but what about the smaller ones? We will be coming the 1st week of December and plan on going to 3 of the parks. Our son will be bringing a friend along who has never been to WDW. Would he atleast be able to win something?
My daughter just started working last week.
Any information would be helpful.

I'm just curious. Are they still doing the Year of a Millian dreams? Are family members of cast members allowed to win any of the prizes. I'm assuming that we would not be able to win any of the bigger ones like a night in the castle, but what about the smaller ones? We will be coming the 1st week of December and plan on going to 3 of the parks. Our son will be bringing a friend along who has never been to WDW. Would he atleast be able to win something?
My daughter just started working last week.
Any information would be helpful.

Yes, the YoaMD is still running.

Technically, family members of CMs are not supposed to win any prizes.

Technically immediate family members are not eligible (there's even a specific amount of time that must pass if a CM leaves their job). However, the smaller prizes such as the ears, dream fastpasses, etc do not need proof of eligibility. Not going to lie, on my CP we won the dream fastpasses while getting off EE. I was about to be like oh no, we're CMs but my friend was like don't say a word! Ironically, she's on the Dream Squad now :rotfl:

Technically immediate family members are not eligible (there's even a specific amount of time that must pass if a CM leaves their job). However, the smaller prizes such as the ears, dream fastpasses, etc do not need proof of eligibility. Not going to lie, on my CP we won the dream fastpasses while getting off EE. I was about to be like oh no, we're CMs but my friend was like don't say a word! Ironically, she's on the Dream Squad now :rotfl:

Though for the record, they will refuse even the smaller prizes if they can tell you are a CM.

On my last vacation WDW, I almost won Dream FPs getting off Space Mountain during MK's Morning EHH, but the Dream Squad CM refused when they saw my DLR CM shirt (basically, it's Mickey, Donald and Goofy with the contents of my signature).

For myself I'm basically just interested in the mouse ears. But for my son's friend since he's not a family member I think it would be really special for him to win something since he's never been to WDW before.
This will be our 3rd time to WDW and we've been to DL once. We are definatly a Disney family! While we were at California adventures a very kind CM surprised us by ushering us into the VIP area of the Aladdin Theatre after he found out my eyes were not very good. We ended up getting frontrow center seats and it truely made for a magical moment for us. I'm hoping that David will get to experience that same feeling when he comes down with us in November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!