Yo Ho Yo Ho a Tipsy Life for Me - A November '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 5/27

I'd love for Casey to see Christmas up there sometime. She love, love, loved the city and last year was obsessed with the Radio City Christmas Spectacular so it is most definitely in the cards sometime.
Let me know if you decide to go. Maybe we could do a little NYC dis-meet. Get @ariane37 & @ChunkyMonkey!

I'm pretty sure it was Casey's drink. Still can't trust my klutzy kid with a real glass at a nice restaurant. You should have seen me in NYC. She was the only kid in every restaurant we ate at - so no kids cups and I was terrified she would spill. I had half a mind not to let her drink at all :P
This past trip, Morgan must have "looked" old enough for "real" glasses this trip. She got one at almost every sit down place. This of course caused issues, as Gwen was stuck with the small kid paper cups....

For dinner tonight we had another evening planned with my tipsy disney soul-sister, Ariane aka @ariane37 and her husband Steve.

:yay: :hippie: We have to do another one in August! I'm thinking MAYBE Cali Grill since it's your favorite signature? Since we weren't wowed on our one visit and the boys haven't been.......we'll talk :hyper2:

"Uber to grand while wait for a who took luff wrong way."
Um yeah, thanks for reminding me :faint:

We also made a trip to the ladies room, where my daughter had to save me from accidentally walking into the men's room. :drinking1o_O
I almost peed my pants before we got in the correct restroom when you did this

Overall, Citricos was a good experience. Service was slow, but in the company of my favorite Disney people all was forgiven. Unlike Ariane its not on my "must do" list, but we'll definitely be back. Hopefully more tipsy notes will ensue.
We've always thoroughly enjoyed our meals there, but Rony makes a huge difference in our experience. I really wish we'd been seated in his section! Still had an awesome time with you guys and can't wait to do it again. And, I'm pretty sure Tiffins has now moved to the top of our favorite signature list. I'm sorry dear Rony!

After dinner we bid farewell to our friends, but not without another photoshoot to mark the occasion.
We are FAB :snooty:

Citric-Notes Part 2: Tipsy Notes Revenge

For our entree Casey and I shared the Scallops with English Pea Risotto.
View attachment 306783
I'm a sucker for a good scallop and this did not disappoint. Or more specifically "for creamy love pee scallops huge sweet sn perfect." Guess I liked it.

For his entree Jason went with the Red Wine Braised Short Ribs.
View attachment 306785
Per my notes this was "well done not out of ordinary." About this time Casey also decided that she could become our official" thumb vidoegrapher for everyone's dish.
View attachment 306786
View attachment 306787
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Ariane and Steve gave their meals a "thumbs up."

As we waited for our dessert, we were treated to some fireworks from Happily Ever After - which sadly was as close as we ever got to it.
View attachment 306788

We also made a trip to the ladies room, where my daughter had to save me from accidentally walking into the men's room. :drinking1o_O

At this point we were getting full, but not too full for dessert. We all shared the Warm Chocolate-Banana Torte with with Vanilla Ice Cream and Handcrafted Belgian Couverture Chocolate Crown
View attachment 306789
Casey ate the majority of this, but the little that I was able to get was "tasty brownie but nana more."

Overall, Citricos was a good experience. Service was slow, but in the company of my favorite Disney people all was forgiven. Unlike Ariane its not on my "must do" list, but we'll definitely be back. Hopefully more tipsy notes will ensue.

After dinner we bid farewell to our friends, but not without another photoshoot to mark the occasion.
View attachment 306790

We eventually, "bear back to room" where "more wine." #GoodTimes

Up next, we almost "skip" a meal

We've never been to Citricos but have always wanted to! Everything looks
GRRRRRRRR-EATTTTTTT!
:) Love reading your reviews!

Love the tipsy notes:drinking1. We haven't done Citricos but the photo of your scallops may make me reconsider come the next trip.

Since you had tipsy notes during your review, you get a tipsy reply!

Glad you enjoyed your meal at Citricos. We love it but I get that some people are just ok with it without it being a must do. A drunk meal is always a good meal for me!

Sorry they are taking away the kids club for you!

For anyone who has read my reports in the past, there is usually at least one meal where my tipsiness reflects itself in my notes and, finding my tipsy self hilarious, I type them up verbatim.
You forgot to add "you're welcome" to the end of that sentence :rotfl: But I'll say it anyway - THANK YOU! It just wouldn't be a tipsy report without 'em :thumbsup2

The bread, per my notes, was "fne not especial" - catch the subtle spanish undertones
I did. ::yes::

Dang inpunfanesxa ruins a dish every time.
I couldn't agree more :sad2: :laughing:

Thank goodness for Casey!

Hopefully more tipsy notes will ensue.
Countin' on it!

We eventually, "bear back to room"
I always end a good day at Disney by bearing back to my room. Just seems like the natural thing to do.

You had me :rotfl: this whole update!

I love that you & Ariane got to meet up several times! So awesome! It's crazy how you can become good friends with someone that you met on the internet, isn't it? I can't remember the last time we ate at Citrico's, if ever. I think we have, maybe about twenty years ago, lol. I guess we should give it another try at some point. Your scallops looked really good. I wish I could get over my fear of octopus. I really eat almost everything, but those suction cup thingies make me go :scared::scared1::crazy2: ! I just can't do it. I really want to, because I feel like I'm missing out on something really delicious, but I can't. Love Casey's dress! She looks too cute!

img_0127-jpg.303037

We had a bit of a wait so we amused ourselves in Mitsokoshi and found these gems.

Cat, I have no idea why you are suhsi but I want ten of you! Though I still have no idea why I didn't buy you. Love this crazy store.
I had to stop reading updates to comment on this amazing photo! I have a cat sushi key chain that I got on my trip last year. It was one of those mystery boxes that you bought without knowing what was inside. I had no idea they had more!?!?!?! This might be my first stop next trip, well second (or third) after I pick up some adult beverages along the way to Japan.

Ok, now back to reading!

Last edited:
Do they really call you?? And a real live person wants to discuss it with you? I've never sent an email before, but assumed they would send you that generic 'Thanks for contacting us and sorry your disappointed' email back. Interesting.
Yes they do. Its a really weird thing that I don't get. If I wanted to speak to someone I'd call. I haven't done it frequently, but every time I do it turns into a stream of phone calls that I ignore and then whatever the issue is doesn't get resolved. Maybe I should send an email questioning their constant need to call me :-)

Aw yay, how cute! Also, thought you might like this little bit of info (or maybe you already know and i'm just so not with it:faint:) but Etsy sells Disney inspired pearl cage necklaces! I was originally thinking of taking my pearl back with me to WDW to have them set it, as it's just the pearl itself, but then read that you can purchase cuter cages for way more than half off the price they sell it at Disney. So essentially, you could pre-purchase the necklace, take it with you to WDW, go and pick your pearl, and then just place it in the cage! So i'll be doing this instead and now i'll be able to wear it for my trip!:hyper:
I'll have to check out the Etsy options. I don't think we'll do it again on the next trip but it would be good to have an idea of what the options are.

Let me know if you decide to go. Maybe we could do a little NYC dis-meet. Get @ariane37 & @ChunkyMonkey!
I most definitely will. Funny I saw on Facebook that SuLynn was at the same restaurant as us the night before we were. I was so crazed in the weeks leading up to the trip, I completely forgot that all of you were so close.

This past trip, Morgan must have "looked" old enough for "real" glasses this trip. She got one at almost every sit down place. This of course caused issues, as Gwen was stuck with the small kid paper cups....
I hope for my sake Casey never looks old enough for a real glass. That girl is gonna be 30 and still knocking things over.

We have to do another one in August! I'm thinking MAYBE Cali Grill since it's your favorite signature? Since we weren't wowed on our one visit and the boys haven't been.......we'll talk :hyper2:
We'll most definitely have to figure out something. As longs as its food, drinks, and you guys I don't care where we go. Though I have been toying with doing Hoop Dee Doo on my actual birthday. But I can just imagine Chris' reaction to that o_O

I almost peed my pants before we got in the correct restroom when you did this
You and me both! Casey is still telling that story to people.

We've always thoroughly enjoyed our meals there, but Rony makes a huge difference in our experience. I really wish we'd been seated in his section! Still had an awesome time with you guys and can't wait to do it again. And, I'm pretty sure Tiffins has now moved to the top of our favorite signature list. I'm sorry dear Rony!
I wish we'd been able to experience Rony too, but we couldn't have great company and great service :P

I won't tell Ronnie about Tiffins. All the signatures are so dang good, its hard to have favorites.

:) Love reading your reviews!
Thank you!

Love the tipsy notes:drinking1. We haven't done Citricos but the photo of your scallops may make me reconsider come the next trip.
Thanks. I aim to please :drinking1

Since you had tipsy notes during your review, you get a tipsy reply!

Glad you enjoyed your meal at Citricos. We love it but I get that some people are just ok with it without it being a must do. A drunk meal is always a good meal for me!

Sorry they are taking away the kids club for you!
Tipsy notes, with a tipsy reply, and now another tipsy reply back. Great minds think alike :drinking1

Citricos is definitely good, I'm not quite sure what it is that doesn't click with us.

I did see they are adding a kids club sounding thing to the Contemporary as a pilot in April. It's themed after Toy Story and has shorter hours, but I'm hopeful it will do well so we have options in the future. Love the kiddo, but a night off is good for all of us.

You forgot to add "you're welcome" to the end of that sentence :rotfl: But I'll say it anyway - THANK YOU! It just wouldn't be a tipsy report without 'em :thumbsup2
Q5NnBt9.png

I can't see you're welcome without thinking of this song. Jason and I sing it to Casey all the time and she HATES it. So of course we do it more :P

Thank goodness for Casey!
Yes, I really have no idea what we'd do without her to look after us :-)

I always end a good day at Disney by bearing back to my room. Just seems like the natural thing to do.

You had me :rotfl: this whole update!
Every day is a good day when there's a little bear in it :P

I love that you & Ariane got to meet up several times! So awesome! It's crazy how you can become good friends with someone that you met on the internet, isn't it?
It definitely is. I guess if people can online date, we can online friend :-)

I wish I could get over my fear of octopus. I really eat almost everything, but those suction cup thingies make me go :scared::scared1::crazy2: ! I just can't do it. I really want to, because I feel like I'm missing out on something really delicious, but I can't.
You should definitely try it again sometime. I can totally feel ya on the suction cups but you can't feel them at all when you eat them.

I had to stop reading updates to comment on this amazing photo! I have a cat sushi key chain that I got on my trip last year. It was one of those mystery boxes that you bought without knowing what was inside. I had no idea they had more!?!?!?! This might be my first stop next trip, well second (or third) after I pick up some adult beverages along the way to Japan.
That is awesome! I was so enamored with the cat sushi that I actually bought one of those key chains online for our family's Christmas white elephant gift exchange. My cousins' wife's mother (got no idea what that crazy connection is) who was visiting from El Salvador got it and poor thing had no idea what it was or why it was funny :-)

Hangry in the Kingdom

After a few late nights and early mornings in a row, Casey was a little grumpy this morning despite the fact that we were headed to ye ole Magic Kingdom. But never fear a train ride to Frontierland would fix that.
IMG_4539.jpg
Or Not!

We tried to rouse her spirits with a little shiverin' of her timbers with our tipsy pirate brethren, but she was still one salty lass. We finally got her to come around a little bit with a Pineapple Upside Down Dole Whip!
IMG_4543.jpg
Nothing like a little sugar first thing in the morning. This was our first time having this and while I would have preferred the cake to be warmed up, it was a great way to start the day.

Still needing a little more pick me up, we thought a little bribery - I mean motivation - in the form of face painting was in order.
IMG_4546.jpg
IMG_0144.jpg
We had a wonderful cast member who freestyled some Christmas magic on our girl! #MoodSolved

After that we flew through space and mined for some diamonds with some short, short men, before hanging out with a couple of princesses.
IMG_4550.jpg
IMG_4553.jpg

Speaking of Princesses, we made a trip to Belle's cottage and Casey and Jason were able to get their wardrobe and knights on.
IMG_4555.jpg
Casey even got a little solo while we waited for Belle.

After that our bellies were rumbling so we filled up Pluto's butt (I'm still shocked we apparently remembered it)
IMG_4563.jpg
I'm gonna vote Casey shared none of this, but going out on a limb I'm gonna say it tasted like either dog butt or popcorn. I'll let you choose. :P

We also got some iced coffee, for some much needed caffeine for the grown-up crowd.
IMG_4548.jpg

Continued in next post....

Hangry in the Kingdom Part II

Still feeling the hangry pains we invoked one of our favorite family traditions: Pretzels on the Pooper! (aka pretzels on the PeopleMover for those of you who don't speak Stone)
IMG_4564.jpg
Tell me you don't want one of those bad boys after this gorgeous photo! They didn't have our favorite cream cheese pretzel anymore so we went with the Pepper Jack. It wasn't as good as the cream cheese one, but had a slightly spicy cream cheese center.
IMG_4566.jpg
My little rule follower chastised me for sneaking it onboard, so she just stuck to water.

From there we rotated around the carousel of progress before we realized our hangry bellies needed some more sustenance then the snacks had provided us so to the trusty Disney app we went. We were able to snag a reservation in about 5 minutes at Skippers Canteen so off we went.

We were seated quickly and despite having a server who wanted no part of the Skippers schtick, she efficiently brought us some much needed adult beverages for Jason and I.
IMG_4567.jpg
Maybe its just me, but I totally feel like I'm getting away with something when I drink in Magic Kingdom.

Casey went with the 6-year old version of beer - the Schweitzer Slush - Frozen Apple Juice and Passion Fruit topped with Bursting Green Apple Boba Ball.
IMG_4568.jpg
She really only likes this for the boba balls - aka smoosh berries to her - but it continued to keep her on the right side of her mood spectrum.

Having dinner plans in a few hours, we all elected to share a few items.
IMG_4571.jpg
First up we have the Shiriki Noodle Salad with Noodles, Edamame Beans, Mushrooms, Green Mango, and Cucumber tossed with a Sweet Chili Sauce. Apparently this was "famously served at Hotel Hightower on December 31, 1899" and let me just say those 19th century skippers really knew what they were doing. Despite having to pick around those pesky mushrooms we all love this gingery and slightly spicy noodle combination with tons of fresh veggies.

We also got the kids "Safari Snack" appetizer, which consisted of Yuca Fries and Cucumbers and a Remoulade dipping sauce.
IMG_4574.jpg
These were delicious and should totally be served on the adult menu in a larger portion. For anyone who has never had Yuca, its like a potato - but a bit starchier - and fries up to a golden fluffy perfection.

Last up, we also tried the Trader Sam's Head-on Shrimp which was s
ustainable local farm raised shrimp tossed in chili-garlic sauce and served with Chinese broccoli and jasmine rice.
IMG_4572.jpg

And for all my seafood lovin' friends - The Shrimp Have Eyes!
IMG_4573.jpg

We'd never had these before and we really enjoyed them. I love head on shrimp as they really keep the juices in and these had tremendous flavor and great spice. Plus, who doesn't wanna suck all those delicious juices out of the heads! Sadly our only complaint was that for $25 there were only 4 of them!

I realized when we were almost done that we never got bread, but that just ensured we didn't eat too much before dinner. Overall, Skippers is our favorite MK restaurant. Of course we love that we can get adult beverages, but even better they serve great food in a fun atmosphere. Disney has plenty of places that serve the masses, so I hope they continue to cultivate unique items here. Just need some more adult beverage options to crank up the party!

Up next, we're comin' home!

Last edited:
I'm trying Skippers for the first time in April. I'm a little nervous about it as I'm not really an adventurous eater. The noodle salad looks good.

I knew you would be happy with being able to get a beer at MK! Does make lunch somewhat better.

I love your methods of dealing with moods! Much nicer mother than my mom was...I would be told to suck it up and was dragged along...I remember sulking through Cirque de Soliel because I was not allowed popcorn. Never saw the show again.

Casey does love her face painting! Didn’t know they had upside down pineapple swirls. That seems so fun!

Oh my goodness what a grumpy face! She’s so adorable though. Dole whips and face paint are definitely the keys to turning a day around. Pretzels and beer sure don’t hurt either! I’ve yet to try Skippers Canteen as I really don’t spend a ton of time in the MK but it is on my list for sure. It looks great and I’ve not yet officially ordered booze in the MK, which is obviously a must-do just on principle!

I tried the Pineapple upside down cake with dole whip in February I really liked it. I love Casey’s face painting, looks great. I had the cream cheese pretzel once then it was gone, bummer! Your choices at Skipper look really delicious yum!

We just ate at Skippers last week, and it was our favorite meal of the trip! Granted we ate at too many character meals.... but either way it’s on my must eat at every trip list, at least for now.

Bahaha Casey is my spirit animal!! This was me this morning after we turned the clocks ahead last night.

img_0144-jpg.308341

We had a wonderful cast member who freestyled some Christmas magic on our girl! #MoodSolved

Much better! I love the look!! Also, her shirt is super! :)

Awesome!!

Casey even got a little solo while we waited for Belle.

She's such a star!! :lovestruc

despite having a server who wanted no part of the Skippers schtick

Disappointing. :sad2:

she efficiently brought us some much needed adult beverages for Jason and I.

At least she was useful!

the boba balls - aka smoosh berries to her

:laughing:

img_4574-jpg.308372

These were delicious and should totally be served on the adult menu in a larger portion. For anyone who has never had Yuca, its like a potato - but a bit starchier - and fries up to a golden fluffy perfection.

Yum! These sound tasty!

We'd never had these before and we really enjoyed them. I love head on shrimp as they really keep the juices in and these had tremendous flavor and great spice. Plus, who doesn't wanna suck all those delicious juices out of the heads! Sadly our only complaint was that for $25 there were only 4 of them!

Yummmm. I had this as an entree, and the shrimp were so good. I don't think they have this on the menu anymore, and I was really disappointed last time we were there, so I stuck to my usual Tastes Like Chicken. The price was pretty ridiculous though!! Total rip-off in true Disney-price style.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter