Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life for Three... C 32, P 39 - The End...Or Is It?

TarzansKat

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.
Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for three... pirate: pirate: pirate:

And so it began. What was started as an idea, bourne along by my rampant imagination, turning into a pre-trip report, resulting in numerous relationships and musings, for which I am eternally grateful, finally turned into our trip.

And so it began...

But not without some short introductions.

TK - That's me! Lover of all things Disney, lover of all things pirate...especially Captain Jack Sparrow...ahem...

DH - My very own Jack Sparrow. Lover of all things Batman/comic book, but also, therein lurks a Disney fan, my friends. You'll see.

DS - My little peanut. He is our boy, a blend of our two personalities and likes and dislikes. It can be amazing and downright frustrating!

For further details, and the rampant wanderings of my crazed mind, feel free to visit the pre-trip report.

And so...we begin...

Chapter One - "We're going to Disney World!!!"

Chapter Two - In which I surprise even myself...on two counts, at least.

Chapter Three - The Wilderness Lodge

Chapter Four - The Best Day Ever

Chapter Five - The Best Day Ever, Part Two

Chapter Six - Did TarzansKat meet LegoMom and various other points to our evening...

Chapter Seven - Tick, tick, tick...boom!!!

Chapter Eight - Tick, tick, tick..boom!!! - Part Two

Chapter Nine - The Healing Power of the World Showcase

Chapter Ten - A Touch of Destiny

Chapter Eleven - So Did I Pass Out or Not?

Chapter Twelve - Before We Move On

Chapter Thirteen - How Many Cast Members Does it Take...

Chapter Fourteen - "Wow, it's like night and day!"

Chapter Fifteen - You Want To Do Character Dining With The Child Who Refused To See Characters?

Chapter Sixteen - Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Process

In Honor of the Headless Horseman

Chapter Seventeen - Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Arrival

Chapter Eighteen - Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - Who Did DS Want to Meet?

Chapter Nineteen - Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - "You're Not My Best Friend!"

Chapter Twenty - Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The End

Chapter Twenty-One - We Just Spent HOW MUCH on Lunch?

Chapter Twenty-Two - We Have a Nugget Down, I Repeat, The Nugget is Down

Chapter Twenty-Three - Boma - Why Have You Forsaken Me?

Chapter Twenty-Four - Where Do Pirates Really Belong?

Chapter Twenty-Five - Shouldn't I Have Had Some Rum to Feel Like This?

Chapter Twenty-Six - "When The Crypt Doors Creak and The Tombstones Quake..."

Chapter Twenty-Seven - One of the Best Nights Ever

Chapter Twenty-Eight - The Day We Did Nothing

Chapter Twenty-Nine - "Put On Your Sunday Clothes When You Feel Down and Out"

Chapter Thirty - The Last Day

Chapter Thirty-One - Would You Like Some Snark With Your Southwest?

Chapter Thirty-Two - Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life For Three

I started to follow along on your ptr but then I got to busy to read all the pretrippies. Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

I started to follow along on your ptr but then I got to busy to read all the pretrippies. Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

Thanks! I look forward to writing about it! I'm hoping to get a chapter up later today.:goodvibes

YOU'RE BACK! Oh praise baby Jesus... I have been DYING to hear how the trip went! :woohoo:

Let me get a praise baby Jesus!!! :lmao: You have a way with words, my dear. :rotfl2:

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!!

I hope the post Disney depression isn't too bad...

Eh...the post Disney depression hasn't fully set in yet. I anticipate it will hit full force when I go back to work on Wednesday. Blech.

September 14, 2008 - The Ungodly Hour

To begin, I backtrack. That's allowed, right? True to form, I could not sleep. I'd had a lot of sleepless nights leading up to our trip, and last night was no different. After painting my nails and waiting for them to dry enough not to smudge (so not typical TK, but I wanted to be pur-dy for vacation), I went to bed at nine.

And somewhere in the wee hours, a little nugget came in to sleep with me. Now this can be good or bad folks. Since we both sleep like fish out of water when we're overtired, it can get hairy scary. :scared1: And let me tell you, never was TK more grateful that she had booked a resort with two queen beds than at that very moment. Because the night before our trip was an odd precursor to the rest of the nights of our trip. But I digress.

After much tossing and turning, on both our parts, I'm sure, at three am, I gave up. I'd set the alarm for 330am, but there was no need. I just could not sleep when those last minute things needed to be done, packing, organizing, etc. I was tired, but I was awake. And it was that type of awake that is only fueled by excitement, the type of awake that you force yourself to because you have to, because you must, because you're going to Disney World!

Now, even though I was awake, I did not have the full on excitement yet. That was later to come, when I finally full relaxed. We'll see if you can make a mental note as to when you think that was.

DH and I waited until the last possible second to wake up DS and put him in the car. We were hoping he'd sleep through it, since it was so early.

Ha.

Ha.

:confused3

No dice. So wearing his Winnie the Pooh long jammies (I didn't want him to be cold), he was carried to the car by DH, and as they were going down the stairs, I could hear a perfect little three year old voice say, "We're going to Disney World!"

:goodvibes

No dice. So wearing his Winnie the Pooh long jammies (I didn't want him to be cold), he was carried to the car by DH, and as they were going down the stairs, I could hear a perfect little three year old voice say, "We're going to Disney World!"

:goodvibes

That is too cute!:goodvibes

I am sorry you could not sleep!

I think it's normal that you just don't sleep the night before WDW. It's just not possible.

How cute! Winnie the Pooh pj's! :goodvibes

Can anyone guess what DS wanted to listen to on the way to my mother's?

pirate:

Pirates of the Caribbean, The Curse of the Black Pearl soundtrack of course! It put me in a pirate-y sort of mood. It was dark out, raining a bit, and we were getting our pirate on! We're ready to start our adventures and get to my mother's in record time...there was no one on the road at that ungodly hour! ...ahem...

Mom got DS a going away present, a new Handy Manny DVD. I had gotten some new DVDs for the flight as well, just in case.

Things at the airport went well. As we were waiting for our flight to board, I'm afraid that some of my Disney geek came out. I admit it. I couldn't help myself. And I was borderline very un-TK like. I blame it on the adverse affects lack of sleep has on my brain. I mean, I just blurted something out without thinking! That would have been my first surprising myself. But let me start at the beginnning.

I overheard a mother talking to her son about Chef Mickey's. They didn't know what characters were there. I felt it was okay to politely interrupt and tell them, so I did. We got into a delightful little chit chat about where they were staying (off site free condo through friends, yay, them!) and what they were planning.

They wanted to eat at Chef Mickey's. No big deal right? Except that this mom hadn't made any reservations. Figuring that it was off season. During free dining. Which she didn't know about. Oh boy. My Disney geek took over before I could help myself and when she said, we'll just call when we get down there, I said, "Good luck." I was shocked...at myself! It was very un-Disneylike. I quickly recovered, explaining that it could be very busy, but you never know! Ah, Disney halo restored. I wonder if they were ever able to get that reservation? I did a lot of flip-flopping while we were there, so I guess you never know.;)

Our flight passed with few meltdowns, we came through relatively unscathed. DS passed the time by watching Tom & Jerry cartoons or playing the Nintendo DS, and I read New Moon. When DS didn't have the Nintendo, DH did, so it worked out well. By the by, I plowed through so much of New Moon on that flight! It was captivating.

I felt relief when we were getting close to landing. Shortly before the fasten seatbelt sign came on, DS blurted out, "Mama, I need to go pee-pees!":scared1:

Oh boy! Have you ever tried to change your child in an airplane restroom? Now keep in mind that DH and I made the spontaneous, command decision to leave DS in his jams and overnight diaper for the flight. So when we got to the bathroom, let's just say his pants were a touch damp. Now I brought underwear with me to the bathroom, but no other pants. Let's just thank the lord that DS can be a go with the flow kind of kid. That's all I was thinking as I walked him back down the aisle in his shirt, Diego undies, and white socks. Yep. I was that mom. However, let me say this. Getting those jams off and undies on in that tiny bathroom was no mean feat...so I can't be all bad. I surprised myself again, this time, not by my lack of brain power, but by my contortionist abilities. I guess yoga really does help with flexibility.

When we got back to our seats, it was about that time. The flight attendant in charge of the landing speech actually sang it! She had a nice voice and it was so much fun. Everyone on board clapped when she was done.

And so we landed. And the tiniest bits of relief started to creep in. Getting our luggage was a breeze. As we were riding the monorail over, DS said "good-bye, planes! See you next time." The flight for him had been a big adventure. When we took off, he said, "1-2-3 blast off!" like Rocket in Little Einsteins, and when we landed, he said, "we're going down!" DH and I were hysterical over that, thank God it wasn't too loud!

We met up with Mr. Transportation, got all loaded in and ready for the drive. We passed the time with idle chit chat, and before I knew it, we were pulling into the Wilderness Lodge. Say it with me... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :cloud9:

It. Felt. Incredible. I felt like I was coming home, and it was just as beautiful as I remembered it. :love: We got ourselves all assembled and ready to check in.

I waited patiently for my turn (not too long), and was called by the next available CM.

Was our room ready?
What was DS' reaction to the resort?
Don't you just love a good cliffhanger?

Hi there!

I have to confess I was a lurker on your PTR but I've decided to come out of hiding and declare myself as in for the ride on your TR. Can't wait!

... he was carried to the car by DH, and as they were going down the stairs, I could hear a perfect little three year old voice say, "We're going to Disney World!":goodvibes

That is precious! You've trained him well! :goodvibes

Oy! You and the cliffhangers!

I am dying to know if your room was ready!!! It must be a Southwest thing. I flew with them in 2005 and the flight attendant sang the Spongebob theme as we were landing. EVERYONE on the plane went nuts when he finished. I thought it was a great distraction for the antsy kids...and LL on board during the landing. ;)

Hi there!

I have to confess I was a lurker on your PTR but I've decided to come out of hiding and declare myself as in for the ride on your TR. Can't wait!

Confess away! Especially if it means you're joining in for the trip report ride! :goodvibes

That is precious! You've trained him well! :goodvibes

Oh, that's just the first of many quotes!:lmao:

Oy! You and the cliffhangers!

I am dying to know if your room was ready!!! It must be a Southwest thing. I flew with them in 2005 and the flight attendant sang the Spongebob theme as we were landing. EVERYONE on the plane went nuts when he finished. I thought it was a great distraction for the antsy kids...and LL on board during the landing. ;)

You know, I guess by definition, we must pay some homage to Spongebob. Especially if you're a Lapuette. Because, after all, he does live in a pineapple under the sea.

You know, I guess by definition, we must pay some homage to Spongebob. Especially if you're a Lapuette. Because, after all, he does live in a pineapple under the sea.
Hehehe. We can put Spongebob up on our Pineapple Alter of LapuLapu's.

I'm finally here! Whew, what a day. Let's just say that the beginning of your day went much better than any of mine...enjoy the years that pee-pee pants are the biggest problem you have to deal with! :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!