Yo-ho-ho, sailin, sailin, 3 night Wonder on 12/17/09

FYI -

Gifts were small, cute fun.. think pencils fridge magnets, stuff from oriental trading or current or somewhere like that.

Someone gave us a cute "lost boys" fridge magnet about the cruise. Someone did the hershey bar wrappers that said "Valentine Voyagers" which is what we were that time...

There was lots of candy and some really WONDERFUL scrap booking mementos too! Some people are more creative than others (like everyone is more creative than me) some people did it all the first day, some people spread it out. I actually picked two different days to distribute my gifts. I did the last one on the Castaway Cay day. It was neat to see all the magnets on all the doors for the group. Really!

All in all, it was wonderful. It was great to get back to room and see something in the bag if you will. (we had a bag last time)...

Passed them out when I had time (late morning on sea days etc) last time...

Think simple, think cute, think fun.... and anything is wonderful - we're all swamped with holidays and cruise prep....

Not QUITE to the sleeps countdown but getting close!

See you all real soon!

pirate::dance3::santa::santa::flower3:

We had some of the items that Margo mentioned, pencils, disney magnets etc other people gave things from their home area. We had a dutch couple that gave dutch candies and clog decorations. One person gave grits (to cook when we got home) along with a cd of vacation tunes and other goodies.

We got airplane size bottles of liquor, pirate tattoos and goodies, glow in the darks things for the pirates party. Some gave a little (just a pencil and lollipop) others gave a lot (bags with flip flops, chocolates and a lot of other goodies) most were somewhere in the middle.

Some people put their names on the gifts so you knew who they were from and others didn't.

We grouped ours together by deck or area on the ship and when we were headed out to the pool or dinner or whatever and had a couple extra minutes we would grab a set and deliver them. The kids had a blast delivering them, looking at everyones doors, and of course see what was in their pockets when we got back to the room each time.

I really want a santa hat with Stitch ears on it. I have seen people wearing them a couple times and have asked all over the parks and looked online but no luck. If anyone knows where I can find one please let me know.

347156513_db85f53782.jpg

cbmeadors

We will be at the parks next weekend. Would you like me to look for a Stitch hat for you? I'd be happy to pick one up and bring it on the cruise ... Just let me know!

Rose :)

I can't participate in the FE exchange. I don't know where the time has gone, and I can't believe we leave in 13 days. I will be lucky if I get everything done for Christmas.

Sorry...hopefully we can do it on our next cruise, when I am more prepared. LOL!

My FE gifts are almost complete! We leave in 9 days for WDW!

Reminder: if I see any of you in the parks please don't say anything about the cruise in front of my kids! :) They still don't know!

Rose, if you don't mind keeping an eye out I would appreciate it. We are going to downtown Disney before the cruise but won't be in the parks until after. I am afraid they don't make it anymore. People have said they go on eBay for $70 or more, don't want one that bad but if I can find in the parks or DTD for $25 or less I would love to have one. Never wanted the Santa hat with Mickey ears but for some reason I think the stitch one is cool.:santa:

Thanks,

--Brett

OH please don't say how many days!!! That just freaked me out! I have so much to do! It will all get done though....hubby is off for the next 3 days, so he will help me then. Okay, deep breaths......:eek::scared:

Daisy

Well, we are coming up on some of us leaving very soon and we still don't have details about a meet. I'm going to take the reins and say we are going to meet in the lobby at 3:00 on Thursday afternoon. It'll be a short meet and greet before we all have to be at the boat drill.

Time is flying! Soon we'll be cruising!

Can you all believe it? I have all the FE stuff and will start organizing it today.... Got most of the Christmess stuff done so that when we can get back we can just enjoy being home and festive.

YAY! Are we excited or what everyone?

:santa::santa::santa::santa:

Keep breathing and keep believing! It WILL ALL GET DONE and we will all be on the boat in 11 DAYS!!!

Oh my goodness! We leave this Saturday!!!! I still have so much packing to do. Does anyone have any packing tips?????

Looks like we are still missing a cabin number in the fish extender list, unless there is a more up to date version.

Oh my goodness! We leave this Saturday!!!! I still have so much packing to do. Does anyone have any packing tips?????

This is a helpful thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=468132

Also, pack light, pack light, pack light! Last cruise I actually wrote what I brought and afterwards made notes on what I actually wore. It was really surprising. I wore about a third to a half of what I brought, and I only brought 1 suitcase, plus some stuff in a garment bag--for the 7 day cruise. The nice thing about DCL is that they have laundry rooms available (extra charge). Surprisingly, some cruise lines do not have this available to guests. Not that I like doing laundry on vacation, but it's nice to know you can wash things if you need to.

There is also a packing list link (I think on the thread mentioned above), but take that with a grain of salt. It was written before the airlines started charging for every stinking bag. Do I really need a tuxedo for my 2 1/2 year old for formal night? NO. A polo shirt and khakis (worn many other times as well) will do just fine.

Do I need my own special hair dryer from home? Not anymore, not with the new luggage limits. Do I need bungee cords to hold the connecting doors open? No, my room steward will bring us door stoppers without even asking. Do I need a nightlight? Probably not--the closet doors have lights if you leave them open slightly, as do the bathrooms. Do I need an air freshener? maybe! :rotfl:

Must brings, however:
--highlighters, one color for each person, to highlight the daily schedule
--a whiteboard to leave notes INSIDE the cabin to one another as to where you are, etc.
--an envelope of one dollar bills for tipping for the free room service, use the leftovers on your way home (bills, not food) :laughing:
--a cheap shoe holder from the dollar store or Target to organize all the little crud that you need to find all the time, as counter space is at a premium in the cabins
--an eye patch or some other small pirate-y things for anyone who is into that for pirate night
--cheap glow in the dark necklaces, etc. for the kiddos at night
--laundry detergent (I am excited they have sheets now!) & quarters for the machines (it's just easier if you bring about $5 worth, then you have them & you're not at the mercy of the change machine)

This is what our family of five finds important to bring, anyway. Hope it helps and doesn't bore anyone too much!

I CANNOT believe we leave in 6 days!!! I am in the "stunned-but-I-could-easily-throw-up-if-I-think-about-it-too-much" stage of planning.

So new to this thread, we booked so last minute it's not funny. It's the only thing the kids wanted for the holidays. Looking to find out if there are others going with the same ages. It's also my first cruise alone with the kids, and they aren't looking forward to spending time with Mom - going to feel like that Disney commercial from years ago where you embark and the kids vaporize.

Anyways, my daughter is hounding me for other teens on board, she is 13 and very excited to be in the teen area. It looks like there are a whole bevvy of teen Eric's on board, but are there any girls?

Also, are there any young adults on this cruise that I just missed? DS is 19.

Are there any other forums that I can suggest to them for meeting people before the boat sails? It is such a fast trip that I don't want them to spend the first two days trying to figure out who is who before we have to leave again. Goofy only knows when I will be able to take them back again!

Thanks a ton!

Sailingseas, How exciting that you booked at the last minute. My son is almost 18 and his friend is 18 so your son can hang with them if he would like. What is your room number?

Sailingseas, How exciting that you booked at the last minute. My son is almost 18 and his friend is 18 so your son can hang with them if he would like. What is your room number?

Hi Tweet!

Thank you so very much! We are in 5632. I love that deck, it's so wicked quiet. And exciting? I think it is rather qualifies me for a frontal lobotomy! My daughter is looking at this as an excuse for a total wardrobe make-over. For three days? Sheesh.

thanks for the welcome.

I can't believe that we leave on Sat!!! I'm starting to pack but we have everything we need. It's just crazy packing for a baby for the first time :goodvibes

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter