YIKES...Nothing before 9 pm for CM three nights in a row!

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
I had to change our trip which was planned Dec 2-9.
The new date is November 25-December 2. Although I know I am calling a little too close to get what we exactly want, we always do Chef Mickeys on our first night (November 25). The earliest time available is 9 pm :scared1:
November 26, earliest time....9 pm :scared1: November 27, earliest time...9 pm :scared1:
My children are 13 and 9 so having an 8 pm ressie isn't bad but 9 pm is too late especially on a travel day, we will be shot. I'll keep calling but I thought this time of year would be a little better than the PopWarner and Mousefest week that I was originally going.
I'll keep calling but has anyone else had trouble getting what they wanted for this week? Thank you.

I got everything I wanted for that week but I called right at my 180 days to be sure. I have thought about trying to add one or two more ADR's but I figure the pickings are pretty slim by now for most places and since I have really little ones we can't eat that late.

I always call at the exact date I can and just this week changed our week since I found out the HS scholarship test my dd will take was (is) going to be the week we were away. I also had to get lunch at 2:30 at Sci-Fi, I usually like going at 11 am :headache:
I figure I'll just keep calling and calling and hopefully something will open up.
Sunday for CM may be harder since many people may still be there and going home on Monday from Thanksgiving.
Glad though you got everything you wanted.
Have a great trip!

I had the same problem for Chef Mickey for the last 2 trips and the upcoming 2 as well !!! We did breakfast instead of dinner before, and once again, no ADR between Oct 30 and Nov 3 OR between Dec 21-Dec 26, except the dreaded 9PM. So I took it,we'll see how it goes. It's very annoying though.
We don't mind eating late but 9PM means missing Wishes or Illuminations.

For Sci-Fi,you might want to try showing up at 11 and asking for a table. In July our ADR was for 12.30 but we got there as soon as it opened and were seated within a few minutes.

Thanks. I will try that with Sci-Fi.
I am worried that CM will not have any "walk ups" available and if I get their early, say for 7-8, I'll just have to wait until 9 pm anyway.
I'll keep calling and see what happens.
Good luck to you too!

We ate at Chef Mickey's last week with a 9 pm ADR. I have to say that it turned out to be a great meal. The restaurant wasn't very full by the time we were seated and eating, so we had great character interaction. It was the best character meal we've ever done. If we go back I would book a late ADR again just to get the extra time with the characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter