Yet Another Happiest Place on Earth Report Disneyland--Day One, June 9th, 2008

Great report! What a wonderful out of your window.

As an aside, I couldn't help noticing the Haunted Mansion tapestries hanging in your hall. I don't think I've ever heard you mention them (goodness knows you have too much memorabilia to have given me the history to it all), but I'm pleased to see that they survived the massive cull required by your house-move. They're wonderful.

I never noticed these but went back to look, they are wonderful, I may have to have a look for something similar myself.

Susan, first my apologies for being so late in getting to your wonderful trip report, however now Im started, Im hook, wonderful start, you know how much Vic and I want to do this trip so Im hanging on every word and enjoying every photo....onto the next:thumbsup2

absolutely wonderful start to your report and I too am sorry to be so late.

The other Susan

Hi!

My eyes are going buggy from too much dis-ing so I must take a break but I enjoyed your airport story IMMENSLY!!!

OMG I was ROTFL! I even called my DH over to hear about your security issues.

I love your writing style and can't wait to read more.... :cool1:

Thanks for the link!

Thanks for the lovely compliment. I'm so glad you posted on my thread as I've now discovered your TR. I think you must have had nearly as much fun writing your charming report as living the adventure, because your enthusiasm shown through. Your TR makes me realize I really should keep an eye on the DIS Disneyland (US) forum. I very nearly missed the fun of reading your report.

Thanks for the lovely compliment. I'm so glad you posted on my thread as I've now discovered your TR. I think you must have had nearly as much fun writing your charming report as living the adventure, because your enthusiasm shown through. Your TR makes me realize I really should keep an eye on the DIS Disneyland (US) forum. I very nearly missed the fun of reading your report.

Awwwwww!!! :hug:

Thanks SO much!! I'm a frustrated scrapbooker! LOL I have no talent but I love to chrono... um.. chrono.... um.. I know there's a word there somewhere. :lmao: I like to tell the story!

I used to study the WDW boards like crazy but, as I have said, I let that dream die. lol It's ok though..we have ALOT of fun anyway going here and there and everywhere. And I've had the best time doing my own TR (I never thought about writing my own TR because I was so focused on WDW!) but it's been a blast.

Also, I forgot to mention... I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your hallway art!! :thumbsup2

The Main Street Electrical Parade was SUCH a great moment for us when we saw it this summer. I love, love, love that parade.

It makes me sad to hear about the lonely Goofy and the memories as I can picture myself thinking about my DD's being kids and remembering that later...but I try to stay in the moment and not get caught up with that. I'm learning from you, though, that it can be ok to have memories and not be sad! Thanks. :goodvibes

P.S. I just realized I don't know how to get back to your TR and find Day 2!!! :sad:

Found you!

SusanEllen said:
The plane left Tulsa at 3 PM and just one hour later at 4 (according to my watch) I was in California.

Now that's the kind of warped logic I like to employ, though it always works against me travelling East ;)

SusanEllen said:
Those memories are why I’ve never felt alone the few times I’ve found myself on my own at a Disney place.

I don't know why, but this really struck a chord with me. If I say that is very profound it sounds faintly insulting but I don't mean it that way. I suppose I am lucky enough to have so many wonderful Disney memories it is easy to understand what you mean.

The view from your room is amazing, and how fabulous to get the view of the MSEP which I remember made a great impression on me on my first trip to WDW in '93.

I must have missed this one some how. :confused3

Great start, lovely photos with a fantastic view from your room. :goodvibes

An excellent start Susan.... shame about the negative discrimination at the airport and the less than wonderful meal though!

I like your style, Ms Librarian (incidentally, whenever anyone asks me what job I wish I could do, when I complain about being stuck in estate agency, I have always told them I'd love to be a librarian in a sleepy, backwater town, somewhere quiet enough that I can put my feet up and work my way through the entire stock!;) ).. lots of detail and great pics.:thumbsup2

Thanks!

Mike:surfweb:

Lol, cats eh! They always have to inspect the luggage before you leave :teeth:

Great view from the room and even better you don't have to change rooms :thumbsup2

Claire ;)

Wow. I don't know how you stumbled on Day 1 of this two year old report, but I'd be happy to share the rest of the trip with you. Click on the link under this message for links to the rest of the installments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter