Yes or No to WW!

ge0rgette2

DIS Veteran
Yes or no to Weight Watchers...

I need to do something... Need some kind of structure.

In the past, I've done WW and haven't had success.. it's not as cheap, membership wise, as it has been in recent years.

I find myself cheating alot on WW and not journaling..

:crazy2:

I say YES to WW.

I also say yes to eating ALL of your Weekly points,and even your Activity points. It allows a much more (relatively) indulgent diet, which lowers (for me) the risks of binging or otherwise going wild. If you start by eating "all points coming to you", after a few weeks you KNOW if that's going to work for you, and you can move forward. It's easier to drop points if you haven't lost after 3 or 4 weeks, than it is to add points in when you want to see IF you can eat those extra points! Trust me!

I vote yes too. I did WW back when I was 16-- no good for me then-- wasn't the right time. If you're committed- you'll see success. Keep striving for little goals and you'll get to your big one :) I'm down 30 lbs since May and while I'd love faster weight loss-- I'm doing better than if I hadn't started.
Wishing you the best in whatever you choose. :)

ge0rgette2 said:

In the past, I've done WW and haven't had success.. it's not as cheap, membership wise, as it has been in recent years.

I am a believer! I've been doing it since January and have lost 20 lbs. I'm now at a healthy weight and feel WW just gave me the boost I needed! I would also suggest doing the online program vs the meetings program unless you need that human accountability as some people appreciate. I do better with online though since I don't want to have to fit meetings into my schedule.

If you have an iPhone (may be available now for other phones) definitely get the 2 apps available! They have been a lifesaver for me!!! That's where I do 90% of my tracking and the other app allows you to scan items to determine point value! Great tools!!!

Good luck! :)

I love WW!!! I lost baby weight on it twice (using the nursing mom's plan both times). The #1 reason I have found that people don't lose on WW is because they don't do it right. If you do it right, you WILL lose weight!

1) It isn't just about the Points, make sure you keep track of the Health Checks. I don't know if they have changed the name of this since I was last on it, but this it the servings of fruit/veg, dairy, healthy oils and water each day. You *CAN* blow all your Points on a hot fudge sundae, but then you better plan on eating a lot of carrots and cukes to make up your fruit/veggie servings since you don't have any Points left to use on fruit or salad dressing or anything. You know? It's not just counting the Points, it's counting your servings and water intake and checking them off as you go.

2) Write as you bite. Don't assume you'll remember what you ate later and don't try to estimate the amount. Be exact.

3) Mix it up. Use your Points different each week. Some weeks, spread the flexies over the whole week and others, blow them all in one day. Keep your metabolism guessing.

Good luck!!! WW is awesome!! Do't cheat yourself by not giving it everything you can. The best reward for getting to your goal (aside from looking fantastic in those jeans!!!!!) is knowing that you are learning habits that will keep you at your goal weight long after you've stopped logging points.

Yes!!! I use the online version, and it worked for me! 40 pounds gone in a little less than a year! Remember that WW is not a miracle pill, but a slow and steady means to lose weight for good! Try the online version if you've done meetings before and they didn't work. I find it harder to "cheat" by putting things in online than journaling. I would start "guestimating" the points. Can't do that online. :)

I vote YES, also! It's the only program that I've been able to actually lose weight on!

I am a returning WW member. I just started the online program plus iPhone apps and I find it much more conducive to my lifestyle. The apps make it so much easier to track! Good luck in your decision!

I agree. If you write down your points everyday, you'll be successful. If you aren't willing to track your points, you won't be successful. I also found I was more successful when I had someone to do the program with me.

I vote absolutely yes! I am on my third go-round, but this one is sticking. I have lost 77.4 pounds this time, and I am still going! The difference is me. You have to be committed to make this work. Always track, even if you are on vacation or at a restaurant. Allow yourself treats. Exercise! Those are my random thoughts! Good luck in whatever you do!

I have been on weight watchers for 2 years and it was the best thing I have evr done for myself. I recently got the Active Link and love that as well. I am losing weight so much more efficiently now, it tracks all my activity for me. Well worth the extra $5

WW works IF we do it correctly... actually we can have anything we want---in moderation and THAT is my problem and I admit it. there ar many things I do not want just a "bite" of... so I do well for about 50 lb and then I decide to slide and then I back to where I started. just like the steak I like in Kona's I can have it BUT need to share it with two other W W members...and do I do that NO.. of course not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter