YES, I'm taking pics of the food, get over it! aka : our summer dining reviews :)

The pictures are great! I especially like that you are taking pictures of the characters so I can get my Mickey fix too!

Sorry bout the sugar crash.

Thanks for the Coral Reef lunch review. We have only been for dinner and loved it, but we are doing lunch in October. I think I'll be getting that Mahi Mahi.:thumbsup2

WOW!! Thanks for all the reviews.

We've been trying to get in to Coral Reef for our Sept trip with no luck -- two words, Free Dining, so whether I get in or not, I can't complain, I still get a lot of free food!! I'm dying to try that Mahi Mahi dish, I'm going to have to call Disney every day until we go, I want that dish!!!:goodvibes

Cantina de San Angel

We had an ADR for Tutto Italia but canceled because we didn't feel like a big meal that early (the ADR was around 5pm). Instead we went to Epcot later, planning to grab a seat somewhere close to the water and have a healthy dinner of popcorn and pretzels. Just when we were walking in front of Cantina de San Angel I saw a couple leave a water-side table for 2. I literally THREW my mom on it and went to order food.

Cantina Nachos - Tortilla chips, beef, cheese, tomatoes, jalepeno peppers, sour cream, and black refried beans.
DSC00422.jpg

A soggy mess as always, but we like it.

Ensalada Mexicana - Made with lettuce, black refried beans, grilled chicken, tomato, cheese, sour cream, and Mexican salsa.

DSC00421.jpg

Gross. Simply gross. The chicken was fatty and undercooked, the rest of the salad was dry and tasteless. They put the hot refried beans on the bottom of the plate and once you get there the salad is no longer just dry and tasteless. It's soggy semi-warm goo.
I left about 2/3rd of it.

Frozen Margarita

DSC00423.jpg

(One of three)
Undoubtedly, the best thing at Cantina de San Angel.

Ah, the churros are good too. We got that to eat during the fireworks, but we couldn't do that because we had people literally sitting ON our table.
We also tried Bunuelos, which are basically churros but dry. Didn't like that at all and left the rest of the package on the table for someone to grab.

If you've read my previous reviews you may have noticed we almost always go to Cantina de San Angel and I almost always say the food is gross. So you might wonder why we keep coming back.
Here's why :

DSC00429.jpg

'nuff said. :upsidedow

For the main course, Grumpy had trouble deciding between the steak and the salmon sandwich. In the end she went for the Blackened Catfish - Served over pepperjack cheese grits, topped with a smoked tomato compote, and drizzled with a balsamic glaze.

DSC00229.jpg

It had quite a quick to it and she loved that. However she didn't like the grits at all (her first time eating grits).

For a change, I got the Grilled Mahi Mahi - served with cashew-jasmine rice topped with a spicy pineapple chutney finished with a malibu rum beurre blanc.

DSC00231.jpg

This is sooooooo good. I can't get enough of that sauce. The mahi was great too - beat Kona's and definitely beat Fulton's, by a long shot. Kona's mahi was dry but Coral Reef's is moist, tender, and just plain yum. I couldn't taste the alcohol in that dish at all.

Thumbs up for Coral Reef ! We waited a long time to try it due to the bad reviews, but it's now one of our favorite restaurants on property.[/QUOTE]

I have been debating over one of these two dishes to have when we eat there next month. I think I will be going with the Mahi now!

The CS in Mexico is the worst CS in Epcot! It is just plain terrible! We had the same chicken salad 2 years ago and it was exactly how you described it...I dont like wasting money so I returned it and demanded a full refund. The guy behind the counter didnt want to give it to me but when I started to get louder and gripe about the food he was quick to refund me and shoo me away

We sat at the same place last year to watch the fireworks and it was great!! We had to get there an hour early, but it was worth it!!

I didn't get my dirty look for taking pictures at Coral Reef...I get it at Le Cellier! And it was from people with older teenagers playing video games, and before asking their waiter if all Canadians say ay.

But blech to that. I'm so glad I took my pictures, I still love looking at them! Good for you and nice pics!

Thanks for the great reviews! You tried some items that I usually don't see on the review boards....and they all look delicious!

Love your reviews! You guys have me convinced to try Coral Reef on our next trip. Thanks! :thumbsup2

I have been debating over one of these two dishes to have when we eat there next month. I think I will be going with the Mahi now!

You won't be sorry! This is really the best fish dish I've ever had in a restaurant.

The CS in Mexico is the worst CS in Epcot! It is just plain terrible! We had the same chicken salad 2 years ago and it was exactly how you described it...I dont like wasting money so I returned it and demanded a full refund. The guy behind the counter didnt want to give it to me but when I started to get louder and gripe about the food he was quick to refund me and shoo me away

Wish I had your guts :) I hate complaining in restaurants but that salad was just disgusting. How can someone mess up a salad that badly ???

We sat at the same place last year to watch the fireworks and it was great!! We had to get there an hour early, but it was worth it!!

Only an hour early ?? Lucky you. We usually have to wait 2hrs or something close to that. Totally worth it though.

I didn't get my dirty look for taking pictures at Coral Reef...I get it at Le Cellier! And it was from people with older teenagers playing video games, and before asking their waiter if all Canadians say ay.

Don't you know ? It's now acceptable to play video games (with the sound on, of course) in restaurants. Wouldn't want Junior to get bored for an instant. But taking pics ??? Bad, bad Pirate Princess!! :mad:

Love your reviews! You guys have me convinced to try Coral Reef on our next trip. Thanks! :thumbsup2

Enjoy !!! Get the mahi :)

This one we almost didn't go to. Our ADR was at 7.30am and that was a bit early after a late night out. But we made it :)

Pineapple bread, cinnamon bread and fruit

DSC00441.jpg

Skillet with scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, sausage and biscuits

DSC00449.jpg

I love the scrambled eggs at 'Ohana, they're so.. fluffy :stitch: My mom focused mostly on the pineapple bread and ate every last crumb of it. The food is basic but good enough. We were also brought some warm Mickey waffles.

'Ohana has their own juice at breakfast, a mix of orange, pineapple and other fruits. VERY good. Not as sweet as the Lilikoi juice from Kona (but maybe it's the same thing and they just add water to it).

The characters are hawaiian Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and of course the best of the best, Stitch.

DSC00452.jpg
DSC00455.jpg

DSC00448.jpg
DSC00444.jpg

It was a really nice way to end our trip and we were glad we forced ourselves to get up and go.

Well, that's all for this time, folks :)

Favorite "fun" meal : Chef Mickey's
Favorite food : Fulton's (for my mom) and Coral Reef (for me)
Worst meal : as usual, Cantina de San Angel

Thanks for reading!!!

We just did the Ohana breakfast this past Saturday, at 7:30 am too! It was amazing and I cannot wait to go back to it in January!

When is your next trip planned?

We just did the Ohana breakfast this past Saturday, at 7:30 am too! It was amazing and I cannot wait to go back to it in January!

When is your next trip planned?

Yey you're back :goodvibes So glad to hear you had a nice time without the other pair :thumbsup2

Great reviews, we're going to a couple of those places in Dec - I noticed in your sig you may be going in Dec, I really hope you make it, you'll have to let me know which dates and I'll see if we can spot you :lmao:

Are you doing a trip report? (or am I totally out of sync and you've already done 10 pages :confused: I can't beleive I didn't spot this thread sooner, I'm a bad Diser :guilty: )

Excellent review, great photos... I am anxiously awaiting our upcoming trip. I will strive to make my reviews as detailed and my photos as clear. If someone doesn't like me shooting my photos, blink your eyes. We have 30 Table Service Credits to be used by two people... We are going to be doing some EATING.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter