Yellow Ponchos: Endangered Species?

buckylarue

Can't decide who's Statler and who's Waldorf...
According to a news headline from Channel 6 in Orlando, WDW is changing to clear rain ponchos, due to the number of people complaining of not being able to identify their travelling companions in the giant sea of yellow in a rainstorm...

Here's the link - New Ponchos

Very, very intresting. I wonder how many people will now buy the clear ones, even if they have the yellow ones.
Not me I like my yellow one. :)
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Yes, the yellow adult ponchos are a thing of the past, however, there are still children's yellow ponchos to be had, and will be until they all sell out. Then they will have clear ponchos as well. No more walking around looking like a Mickey Mouse festooned school bus...lol!;)

no more looking like a bee in a sea of yellow:) I'll keep my black trench coat/rain coat myself

I wonder if the clear ones will still have Mickey on the back.

We have two unopened yellow ones from last year - and they are going back with us. There is something comforting about a yellow poncho with Mickey on the back. I'm a stickler for tradition, can't help myself.

After being in WDW in mid-August, during the monsoonal thunderstorms, we now have 2 of each type poncho!! We brought our yellow ones with us, but do you think we had them when we needed them?? Of course not. So, bought the clear ones. And yes, they do have Mickey on the back. I like the new ones. Looks like we'll be having a collection of them!!

I'm glad to hear that they do have Mickey on the back. Otherwise I think i might have had to cry. Ok mayb not really

I like the clear ones. I was never a fan of walking around looking like a banana.

Karen

This is good news. When my kids were small. while in the parks during rain I was always grabbing the wrong childs hand. Had nightmares of going back to the resort with the wrong kids. LOL

as long as there is a Mickey on it......that's fine:teeth:

What about the tan ones at the Animal Kingdom? Do they still have those?
Wondering the same?? When we were there last Oct, we bought ponchos at AK and they were the yellow. But not sure if they still have the tan ones available.
We wish we would have kept the tan ones we got a few years back!! I liked those!!!!

But have to admit, we will miss the yellow! It was a big joke to take pictures and see nothing but YELLOW!! We still laugh when we look at some of them and can't tell who is who??:crazy:

My in-laws have the tan ones from AK. We tried to buy some last fall, but they were only selling the yellow ones. I liked the tan ones. They were themed to the AK. I think they had a safari Mickey on the back, didn't they? I certainly don't need anymore rain ponchos, but if they sold them themed to each specific park, I'm sure I'd buy one from each! :) Can't get enough of WDW momentos!!

I know one day, when I actually clean out our storage closet, that I'm going to find about 20 bright yellow ponchos staring back at me.

We've never thrown them away, but they still seem to disappear. Every last one of them just vanished like a sock in the dryer.

I think the clear ones are a great idea. Like Funhouse8, I was constantly reaching for the wrong kid when everyone looked the same! LOL

BUT! Two week back when my son and I attended the Alabama vs Oklahoma college football game, we carried our yellow Mickey ponchos. We agreed that everyone would have on crimson (both teams are crimson and white) so we could easily spot each other in the bright yellow Mickey ponchos!:cool:

I too will be glad to see the clear ones! I was always afraid to loose my kids with the yellow ones. Especially if they had the hoods on. Everyone looks the same!

We went to a Bon Jovi concert in the rain at Giants Stadium... You should have seen all the yellow Disney ponchos. There was something kind of fun about seeing "the world" turn into a sea of yellow during a rain storm but I'm sure that many parents will be comforted by being able to more quickly identify thier children in the rain storm.

OK........I'm putting my yellow ponchos up on Ebay as "Limited Editions - No Longer Available !!!" Think I'll get enough money to pay for my next WDW trip? :p :p :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter