Yeaaaaa! A spur of the moment trip!

leighe

<font color=teal>Are we there yet?<br><font color=
Just convinced DH that we should take a few days of our spring break and head to Disney! We've got to re-landscape our yard, but I think if we get all our chores done we should reward ourselves!

I promised DH that this would be a very inexpensive trip. We have AP's so I'm getting ready to call CRO and see if I can get an AP rate at a moderate or value. Is there any way to check for codes on Disney's website? I looked, but couldn't figure it out. I think since we'll only be there 3 or 4 days we'll spend a lot of time in the parks and I know DH will want to take in a few Braves spring training games. I'm thinking Pop but maybe CSR since DH has always wanted to stay there and the pool is supposed to be so great. Any suggestions or ideas?

I would call Disney to see if they have anything in your file for you (they did for me back in July last year even though they stated I got it in the mail when I didn't). If they don't, do you have AAA? If not keep checking the sites for codes and hopefully something will get released. Lastly, if nothing good comes up, consider bidding on priceline two or three weeks out (WDW vicinity in the resort category - usually Hilton or Wyndham show up around $60-$70 however, a few other hotels not in DTD area may pickup those prices as well - check out a site called biddingfortravel.com). If you get a good price for CSR, take it. It's my new favorite hotel and really has a fun slide and a hot HOT tub. Good luck and spur of the moment trips are the best.

WE also just booked a last minute trip to WDW during our Easter break. We'll be there 4 nights after spending 4 nights at my MIL's in Ft. Lauderdale. AP rates for the week after Easter (if that is the week you're considering) are very scarce. I booked AKL at first, but really wanted a moderate, as we're taking a VERY expensive trip this summer, so wanted to save a few $$$. I finally was able to secure an AP rate at POR water view. We're paying $129 per night, plus tax. So, call ASAP if you're going to be there anytime around Easter.

I called CRO and was offered an AP rate of $74 at Pop (total $330 for 4 nights) and $104 at POR (total $464). They also had all the All Stars, CBR, and standard view at AKL and CR.

So - POR or Pop? I've never stayed at either and would love to try them both!

leighe said:
I called CRO and was offered an AP rate of $74 at Pop (total $330 for 4 nights) and $104 at POR (total $464). They also had all the All Stars, CBR, and standard view at AKL and CR.

So - POR or Pop? I've never stayed at either and would love to try them both!
What dates are you looking at? That rate at POR sounds awesome!!!

I asked about any time from April 2-10. My preferred dates were April 6-10 and I was able to get the Pop and POR rate for those dates. We're really lucky this year because usually our spring break (we're both teachers) coincides with Easter so it's always so expensive. This year Easter is early and Spring Break is late! :cool1: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter