Yayyyy! The kids went back to school today!!

My elementary and middle school kids (two) went back Monday...the before and after school drop off and pickup process took an hour and half or more each as it was a prolonged, slow process. I was exausted just from all that. Didn't get much cleaning done. Then today the baby was to start preschool (and the aforementioned two were to go to before and after school care while I go off to work) but with Fay all were closed. Tomorrow will be the big day. I'm so nervous about our baby princess going off to preschool. I hope she doesn't cry and carry on, I don't know if I'm strong enough to walk away. I'm considering making DH go along (don't know if it's worth making him late to work though). Anyway, Monday was a big relief when I got the school age kids safely off. Most years I'm a little sad but not this one.

Mine start back the 25th. Although the house needs a break, I am torn - my "baby" starts kindergarden this year. :guilty:

Mine go back the 28th. I know what you mean. My "baby" started kindergarten last year.:guilty: She was very excited but I worried all day. As much as my kids drive me nuts sometimes, I'm sad when they go back to school. :confused3 If I thought my kids would do it, I would homeschool. But then one of them throws a hissy fit about something stupid and I think, what the heck am I thinking. But then we want to go see something interesting or take a trip that is more than a weekend and can't because of school and the homeschooling feeling comes back. I do really hate how much they are gone during the school year. I feel like the family really looses its connection because we are always running around. I get them up in the morning, and before we know it, it's showers and bed and I have barely seen them. A mother's curse I guess. Sometimes I wish they were still 4 and 1. Then I wake up at 10 am, and find them already up and had breakfast and no one woke me up and I think. I love that they are so independant. Oh well thus is life.:flower3:

Mine go back the 28th. I know what you mean. My "baby" started kindergarten last year.:guilty: She was very excited but I worried all day. As much as my kids drive me nuts sometimes, I'm sad when they go back to school. :confused3 If I thought my kids would do it, I would homeschool. But then one of them throws a hissy fit about something stupid and I think, what the heck am I thinking. But then we want to go see something interesting or take a trip that is more than a weekend and can't because of school and the homeschooling feeling comes back. I do really hate how much they are gone during the school year. I feel like the family really looses its connection because we are always running around. I get them up in the morning, and before we know it, it's showers and bed and I have barely seen them. A mother's curse I guess. Sometimes I wish they were still 4 and 1. Then I wake up at 10 am, and find them already up and had breakfast and no one woke me up and I think. I love that they are so independant. Oh well thus is life.:flower3:

I could have written that myself ::yes::

I'm a bit confused by this :confused3 ....the break that is. Does she attend school year round? I've always wondered what the school calendar year was like for those districts.

Auntie,
Yes, the district in which we live in has year round elementary.

July 17 - Sept18 Go 9 weeks then they are then off 3 weeks
Oct 13 - Dec 12
Jan 6 - March 5
March 30 June 4

If we have snow days, they take away days of cycle breaks and add on to June 8th..

The middle and High schools Fall break Middle/HS 10/6 10/10
Aug 12, Oct3 :santa: Yup Christmas on all paper work..
Oct 13 Dec 19 Middle/HS 12/22 01/05
Jan 6 March 12 :flower3: break
March 23 May 26 Middle/HS 3/16 3/20

dd 17 graduates 6/6

hope this helps .. any questions just holler away

just paid off our ressies for the Fort.. 10/5 10/11:goodvibes

Damn I am old. My baby started the 11th grade yesterday. Now he gets today and tomorrow off thanks to Fay. I have another DD who started Junior year in college yesterday and had today off thanks to Fay. I have another who barely got out of HS and now has 2 kids of her own.

Dang how time flies.

I'm a grandmother to two ; A 7yr old step grand daughter and a grand baby 14months. My son is 28, so its been a decade or more since I've had kids let alone babies in this house for extended periods. I've been babysitting this summer to help them out instead of sending the kids to daycare. Let me tell you I have been checking the calendar daily since the middle of July. School starts here on the 21st. I'm planning a back to school party for myself. Sleeping in till after the sun is up.....going shopping all day.....eat when I want and have an adult beverage!:cool1:

This is the 2nd week of school for 3 of mine...last week they were all up at the crack of dawn on their own, dressed, lunches made and ready without as much as a single tantrum...this morning I had to DRAG 2 of them outta bed and threaten to kill them most of the morning....good to have things back to normal!!!

Mine go back tomorrow. It looks like I'm going to be partying all day. One friend is talking about meeting for Mimosas in the morning, and Amanda and I have a girl's night out tomorrow night! :banana:

Auntie,
Yes, the district in which we live in has year round elementary.

July 17 - Sept18 Go 9 weeks then they are then off 3 weeks
Oct 13 - Dec 12
Jan 6 - March 5
March 30 June 4

If we have snow days, they take away days of cycle breaks and add on to June 8th..

The middle and High schools Fall break Middle/HS 10/6 10/10
Aug 12, Oct3 :santa: Yup Christmas on all paper work..
Oct 13 Dec 19 Middle/HS 12/22 01/05
Jan 6 March 12 :flower3: break
March 23 May 26 Middle/HS 3/16 3/20

dd 17 graduates 6/6

hope this helps .. any questions just holler away

just paid off our ressies for the Fort.. 10/5 10/11:goodvibes

You know, that must be nice. I wish we did that. I would think it makes it easier to take vacations at other times of the year, rather than just having a longer break over the summer. When we lived in Nevada they had year round schools and a lot of the people liked it.

Mine go back tomorrow. It looks like I'm going to be partying all day. One friend is talking about meeting for Mimosas in the morning, and Amanda and I have a girl's night out tomorrow night! :banana:

I need to move to VA.

I could be designated driver, if I lived there. You really need me.:lmao:

Well, I am out of school tomorrow, but the county north and south of us are in school tomorrow. DS goes to school tomorrow too. Now, I just have to get through the water to get him there!:eek:

You have to take the aircard with you. We've had a lot of problems at work the past few days - massive computer problem (mainframe) so I haven't been on much here - working at night too. We'll be gon the rest of the week but I may be on at night.

I heaard that the TS is sticking around down there or will be coming back. Everyone OK?

The otters love this stuff, but they're almost out of beer!

I promise to behave, Mama Denise! I won't let Amanda get me drunk!:lmao: We'll just have a little drink and gossip about everybody! :goodvibes

Have fun tonight ladies! Dont do anything I wouldn't do! ;)

What wouldn't you do, Sonya? :lmao:

Just kidding!

Well, my kids are off to school. They all were up, showered, dressed, fed, packed up and ready early! If only this will last past next week! I was awake for a few hours last night wondering if I gave them a good summer. We didn't camp nearly as much as I wanted to...but I think it was ok, despite all the trips to NC under not-so-happy circumstances.

Now, to keep my promise to myself to get more exercise! And be able to keep my house clean ALL DAY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!