Yay! We did it! (Poly)

slashfemme

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I've posted before our trip about taking a DVC tour and being interested in the Poly. I cannot thank you all for the great advice both as replies to my original thread and everything I found in the archives here and from listening to the podcast.

I had arranged for my mom, husband, daughter and I to take the short DVC tour at the Poly when we first arrived in the morning, with just a $50 per household incentive. Our guide was really friendly (of course) and though we didn't get ice cream, we did get soda/juice and light snacks. I really appreciated the guide not pushing Riviera or Copper Creek when we said our hearts were at the Poly. He did go over every resort we COULD stay or buy at with all the points charts so we could see how far our intended buy in of 100 points would go depending on season and resort. Our 3 year old was given coloring sheets, juice, animal crackers and a disney ipad to watch movies on to keep her distracted. At the end of the presentation there was no hard sell, not even a "I'll call you in a few days to sign you up!" I think he could read the room well enough to see we were basically fish in a barrel.

At the end, we were pleasantly surprised with a van ride to Disney Springs, $50 each adult, and 4 unrestricted fast passes for all. We ended up signing up the last day of our vacation for 100 points direct at the Poly, split with my mother who always vacations with us, and are now actively seeking 65-100 more resale points at the Poly for June use year. The sign-up was painless and quick since we paid cash, but there was a LOT more pomp and circumstance and fun stuff during the intro tour than the "we've finally got you" meeting. ;) We were handed a backpack with our paperwork and sent on our way back to the Poly. (We did joke about not signing without dinner at the Wilderness Lodge where we met our guide to sign up, or at least a DVC ornament, but were sadly shut down. We get something in the mail to officially welcome us, right?)

I am so, so happy to be a part of DVC! When we lived in SoCal we went to Disney every Sunday, and after moving to Jacksonville it was so sad only going once or twice per year. This way I don't have to be so sad because I KNOW a Disney trip is always around the corner! I can't wait to plan our first Welcome Home trip, and can't wait to add on with the right resale contract. :)

(I mentioned an interest in the new Reflections, too, since I love Wilderness Lodge but would prefer more studios. Our guide said that resort would have ALL levels of rooms, including villas AND treehouses. So, that might be a tough sell for those preferring studios.)

Hello!

I've posted before our trip about taking a DVC tour and being interested in the Poly. I cannot thank you all for the great advice both as replies to my original thread and everything I found in the archives here and from listening to the podcast.

I had arranged for my mom, husband, daughter and I to take the short DVC tour at the Poly when we first arrived in the morning, with just a $50 per household incentive. Our guide was really friendly (of course) and though we didn't get ice cream, we did get soda/juice and light snacks. I really appreciated the guide not pushing Riviera or Copper Creek when we said our hearts were at the Poly. He did go over every resort we COULD stay or buy at with all the points charts so we could see how far our intended buy in of 100 points would go depending on season and resort. Our 3 year old was given coloring sheets, juice, animal crackers and a disney ipad to watch movies on to keep her distracted. At the end of the presentation there was no hard sell, not even a "I'll call you in a few days to sign you up!" I think he could read the room well enough to see we were basically fish in a barrel.

At the end, we were pleasantly surprised with a van ride to Disney Springs, $50 each adult, and 4 unrestricted fast passes for all. We ended up signing up the last day of our vacation for 100 points direct at the Poly, split with my mother who always vacations with us, and are now actively seeking 65-100 more resale points at the Poly for June use year. The sign-up was painless and quick since we paid cash, but there was a LOT more pomp and circumstance and fun stuff during the intro tour than the "we've finally got you" meeting. ;) We were handed a backpack with our paperwork and sent on our way back to the Poly. (We did joke about not signing without dinner at the Wilderness Lodge where we met our guide to sign up, or at least a DVC ornament, but were sadly shut down. We get something in the mail to officially welcome us, right?)

I am so, so happy to be a part of DVC! When we lived in SoCal we went to Disney every Sunday, and after moving to Jacksonville it was so sad only going once or twice per year. This way I don't have to be so sad because I KNOW a Disney trip is always around the corner! I can't wait to plan our first Welcome Home trip, and can't wait to add on with the right resale contract. :)

Congrats, slashfemme and welcome home :welcome:

Hello!

Congratulations and welcome home neighbor! :earsboy: 🏝

Congratulations fellow Poly lover! We are also new Poly owners having bought direct this past July. We are in the process of adding pts resale and our closing is actually tomorrow! Very excited for our first welcome home trip which will be this August! Buying resale was easy but the direct purchase was a lot more fun! LOL

Congratulations fellow Poly lover! We are also new Poly owners having bought direct this past July. We are in the process of adding pts resale and our closing is actually tomorrow! Very excited for our first welcome home trip which will be this August! Buying resale was easy but the direct purchase was a lot more fun! LOL

Yay! Congrats all around. :) Did you add more Poly points or did you go with another home resort? I'm on the fence between adding resale at Poly or adding resale at Grand Floridian. :)

Yay! Congrats all around. :) Did you add more Poly points or did you go with another home resort? I'm on the fence between adding resale at Poly or adding resale at Grand Floridian. :)
I chose to add at poly because ultimately I’m hoping to get 2 connecting studios so we have more space (I understand it’s only a request but I know poly has always at least tried to honor requests) so I wanted 11 month booking window. If I add more in the future it will be at a Epcot resort though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter