YAY!!Staples has their first back to school items in this Sunday's ad!!

End of summer clearance??? Wow At that rate they should have Christmas all done by Labor Day. Just in time for the Easter frenzy. LOL

School here has been out for over a month now. All the swimsuits are completely picked over at the stores. So, yes, I'll take some school supplies! :cool1:

Actually, if I may point out, you questioned my smilie so I responded. I'm not getting touchy about anything. And I don't buy cheap pencils anyway, they never sharpen correctly ;)

Why are SOME of you so touchy. My goodness, it was all in fun. It's funny to some of us that back to school sales are occuring now. None of us said it was a bad thing. None of us think you are out of your minds.

You are reading way to much into my posts.

If it makes you feel good to think I'm appalled, offended, think you're nuts or what ever, knock yourself out.

Dang, Who the heck gets this worked up over a thread about getting 100 #2 pencils for 3cents.:rotfl:

For those of you who are just getting out of school June 28th, when does your school start back? Just wondering?

We got out May 26th and go back August 11th.

We went to Disney May 27-June 2. Seemed like a lot of people were out of school early like us.

Just wondering.
Thanks. Pam

Normally we start back the day after Labor day, but after the 6 snow days we had this year, they voted to start back August 31st :( Provided there's no snow days next year, the last day will be June 19th.

I'm not understanding the hostility either. Every single year B2S sales are right after the 4th of July. There is nothing else to stock in those seasonal hot spots.

Personally, I can't wait for the school supplies to come out. I need to get everything situated before my new baby comes. Our school district has had their supply lists available online since the last day of school. Love it!

I'm not understanding the hostility either. Every single year B2S sales are right after the 4th of July. There is nothing else to stock in those seasonal hot spots.

Personally, I can't wait for the school supplies to come out. I need to get everything situated before my new baby comes. Our school district has had their supply lists available online since the last day of school. Love it!

I agree with the bolded above. Personally I find it strange that there are still people in school at the end of June. It's summer, people!

I also can't wait for school supplies. My DD is going to college this fall and she is anxious to buy suppies. We've already started at Bed, Bath & Beyond for comforter, etc....now on to the supplies. My other two don't care as long as they have something to show up with on the first day of school.

We got out June 3 and go back Aug 24.

They had their last full day yesterday but have to go back on the 30th for an hour to get their report cards. Such a waste of taxpayers money to send all these kids to school on a bus just for an hour!:sad2:

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just mail their report cards to your home? That's what all the schools around here do. I realize that mailing things isn't free, but it's got to be less expensive than bussing, doesn't it?

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just mail their report cards to your home? That's what all the schools around here do. I realize that mailing things isn't free, but it's got to be less expensive than bussing, doesn't it?

Our district emails report cards now. I think its great!

We have to go to a website and print them off they do no correspondence whatsoever where my DD goes to school. Where I teach they are still mailed home. I wish NYS would get a clue and end school earlier than the last full week of June, but they don't get it so we all suffer through the heat...no AC in our buildings!

I agree with the bolded above. Personally I find it strange that there are still people in school at the end of June. It's summer, people!

Do you think this is a choice we are making? New York has never gotten out of school until late June. We had high school regents and final exams right up until the end of this week. High school graduations were yesterday.

Per teacher contracts in my district, we cannot begin school until September 1st and can be under contract until June 30th, so honestly, we are thrilled to be out by the 24th! We usually begin the Wednesday after labor day and end between the 21-25 of June.

So considering I have had exactly one day of summer vacation after an extremely busy end of school year, I have no interest in back to school sales yet! It would be like shopping for a winter coat right now! I know many schools are out in May and begin in August, so for those of you, consider getting a back to school ad on Memorial Day.

Off to enjoy my 10 weeks of summer vacation!:cool1:

We have to go to a website and print them off they do no correspondence whatsoever where my DD goes to school. Where I teach they are still mailed home. I wish NYS would get a clue and end school earlier than the last full week of June, but they don't get it so we all suffer through the heat...no AC in our buildings!

Three words: Board of Regents

Year round school here....step up to next grade starts July 7th. So back to school we go a year older

Just out of curiosity, when kids are in school all year, do they get any other vacations than we do throughout the year or anything like that and do they still go the same number of years? I don't mean to sound dumb but I have never known any kids that have school all year round.

Get a sneak peak for Staples Back to School ad. The very last page of their flyer has several $1 items.

SOme pretty good items on there. I don't get paid until the end of the month so I hope some of those items will still be available by then.

Just wanted to say thanks for the heads up about this sale. I was able to get 32 dry-erase boards! :woohoo:

Just out of curiosity, when kids are in school all year, do they get any other vacations than we do throughout the year or anything like that and do they still go the same number of years? I don't mean to sound dumb but I have never known any kids that have school all year round.

The kids still attend the same number of days as if they were on a traditional sschedule (typically 180 days) it's just that breaks are scheduled differently.

Some districts do a single track schedule (everyone on the same track) but most are on a multi track schedule. Exactly how the schedule is done varies from district to district.

When my kids were on a year round schedule there were 4 different tracks in the school. Our track basically had October and April off and we attended school the rest of the year. Other tracks had different months off. All tracks had a few major holidays off, at least a day or two.

Hope that helps.

A district in my state has what they call "modified year round." They go 9 weeks on, 3 weeks off, and then 6 weeks off in June-mid July. Everyone I know who lives and teaches there really likes it.

Just wanted to say thanks for the heads up about this sale. I was able to get 32 dry-erase boards! :woohoo:

The kicker in this is that WE did not get a Staples ad today!! I do need a few of the dry erase boards though. I guess once I get paid I will head in there to see if any are left. I am a lunchroom manager and looks like I will switch to a High school this year and they have 5 lines of choices so I thought i would get some to post the menu on.

Three words: Board of Regents

Yup, I know! lol And my new super decided since we are under contract until the 30th I get to work on Tuesday and Wednesday this week as well...so my summer will not officially begin until Thursday! Oh, and I get to start on 9/1 although the kiddos don't come back until the 7th...pure bliss! I'm not really complaining, I love my job most days after Labor Day and before June 15th!!

As for school supplies, I'm needing more out of my pocket with budget cuts so bring it on so I can spread out my spending so DH doesn't notice it so much!;)

The kicker in this is that WE did not get a Staples ad today!! I do need a few of the dry erase boards though. I guess once I get paid I will head in there to see if any are left. I am a lunchroom manager and looks like I will switch to a High school this year and they have 5 lines of choices so I thought i would get some to post the menu on.

They are really nice sets...a lot nicer than I thought they'd be for $1. They come in lots of colors.

A district in my state has what they call "modified year round." They go 9 weeks on, 3 weeks off, and then 6 weeks off in June-mid July. Everyone I know who lives and teaches there really likes it.

This would be so much better, and less gaps in learning for the students.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter