YAY!!Staples has their first back to school items in this Sunday's ad!!

For those of you who are just getting out of school June 28th, when does your school start back? Just wondering?

We got out May 26th and go back August 11th.

We went to Disney May 27-June 2. Seemed like a lot of people were out of school early like us.

Just wondering.
Thanks. Pam

We got out June 10th, but I love looking at back to school ads any time. I love getting the best price for items. Plus, I'm a little bit of an office supply store junkie. :lovestruc

Would I prefer for stores to do back to school sales in August in our area? Absolutely, but national stores run these sales when they do to cover all areas.

Back to school sales here usually start right after July 4th. Guess what folks!? That's only one week away. :scared1:

I'll be coming here to get updates while still enjoying the summer weather.

For those of you who are just getting out of school June 28th, when does your school start back? Just wondering?

We got out June 16th and go back the day after Labor Day, Sept 6. By state law public schools cannot start before Labor Day here, which is great because Aug is the best summer weather up here and a great low-crowd time to go anywhere down south on vacation, Disney especially, because y'all start so early down there.

I wish I would have the school supply list :sad2:, I'll try to stuck up on stuff like glue sticks, erasers & things I know they will ask for sure.

My boys go back to school JULY 25th! :faint:

Can we please complete the current school year (last day is June 28th) and enjoy July 4th before we start getting hit with back to school sales???LOL My goodness I haven't even purchased this year's bathing suits or BBQ stuff yet. LOL LOL LOL

:laughing:

My kids have been done since May 19th, I'm already starting to watch for clothing sales and waiting for B2S sales. ;)

We already have the kids supply lists. I got that in the mail a few weeks back.

We went to Disney May 27-June 2. Seemed like a lot of people were out of school early like us.

Just wondering.
Thanks. Pam

My kids are supposed go back on September 6th but we will be in Disney with the big guy then! :banana::banana:They will miss the first 4 days of school this year. My oldest is happier than a pig in s**t about that. They had their last full day yesterday but have to go back on the 30th for an hour to get their report cards. Such a waste of taxpayers money to send all these kids to school on a bus just for an hour!:sad2:

THANK YOU for the heads up. I guess a lot of people don't realize that schools don't all get out/start at the same time :rolleyes: My kids have been out since May and go back mid-August.

:laughing:

My kids have been done since May 19th, I'm already starting to watch for clothing sales and waiting for B2S sales. ;)

We already have the kids supply lists. I got that in the mail a few weeks back.

I noticed some really great clothing sales already starting at the mall last week!! I've been buying clearance summer clothing the past couple of weeks. They still wear shorts/t's the first couple of months of school here.
Our district posts supply list online, so i've got that ready to go too :thumbsup2

I noticed some really great clothing sales already starting at the mall last week!! I've been buying clearance summer clothing the past couple of weeks. They still wear shorts/t's the first couple of months of school here.
Our district posts supply list online, so i've got that ready to go too :thumbsup2

I'd love to hit up summer sales but the kids have to wear khakis and plain polos. It's their 'uniform'. I'm hoping to score some inexpensive polo dresses for YDD as those are her favorite. We pretty much push the uniform code to the limits with her. ;)

Just wondering.
Thanks. Pam

We got out June 21st and we go back September 7th

THANK YOU for the heads up. I guess a lot of people don't realize that schools don't all get out/start at the same time :rolleyes: My kids have been out since May and go back mid-August.

Of course people realize that.

You have to admit it can be a bit jarring to see back to school ads while you're still smack dab in the middle of end of the school year hoopla though.

I don't think any of the comments about not being ready to focus on back to school sales just yet were meant as a personal attack on the OP for posting the sale info. :confused3

I hope that everyone who is interested scores some great deals, and that there will be more sales later on for those who aren't quite ready for back to school shopping yet. :thumbsup2

We got out June 10th, but I love looking at back to school ads any time. I love getting the best price for items. Plus, I'm a little bit of an office supply store junkie. :lovestruc

Would I prefer for stores to do back to school sales in August in our area? Absolutely, but national stores run these sales when they do to cover all areas.

Back to school sales here usually start right after July 4th. Guess what folks!? That's only one week away. :scared1:

I'll be coming here to get updates while still enjoying the summer weather.

Which pretty much supports my belief that all these "sales" are really not sales at all.

Staples advertising back to school supplies now, is really a joke because I guarantee you come August they will then have another "back to school" sale to stay competitive with all the other stores. Does anyone truly think that stuff will not go on sale in August? LOL.

It's all pretty much a psychological ploy to get you into the stores. sort of like "free dining". You put the word "sales" and "free" in front of some thing and it makes us more receptive to opening up our wallets.

Same thing with "back to school" clothing. it will go on sale for"4th of July", then it will go on sale for "back to school", then of course you'll get a "memorial day sale", followed by and "end of season sale", just in time for "thanksgiving day sale" which all coincides with "Christmas" sales.

So basically you've got 300 out of 365 days of sales. LOL.....

Just wondering.
Thanks. Pam

We go back a day or two after Labor Day.

Why are you rolling your eyes???? We know that school systems across the country have varying start/end dates. It is just funny/odd to those of us ending the school year (not all schools here have held graduations yet), to start thinking about back to school.

The OP starts a back to school thread every year. Each year she gets the same responses.

Our comments were all in good fun. I'm sure none of us were trying to offend anyone.

We go back a day or two after Labor Day.

Why are you rolling your eyes???? We know that school systems across the country have varying start/end dates. It is just funny/odd to those of us ending the school year (not all schools here have held graduations yet), to start thinking about back to school.

The OP starts a back to school thread every year. Each year she gets the same responses.

Our comments were all in good fun. I'm sure none of us were trying to offend anyone.

Pardon my use of that particular smilie, I was unaware it meant I was 'rolling my eyes', my goodness sorry to offend. :confused3 Not all of us post to the Dis from computers, i'm on my phone and have no idea what the smilie means.
And yes, it did seem that people were quite surprised as I read through. My kids have been out for over a month, they go back in a month. Yes, we have already started shopping and I am very thankful that she started this thread because I do not get the weekly ads anymore.

Which pretty much supports my belief that all these "sales" are really not sales at all.

Staples advertising back to school supplies now, is really a joke because I guarantee you come August they will then have another "back to school" sale to stay competitive with all the other stores. Does anyone truly think that stuff will not go on sale in August? LOL.

I don't think that anyone thinks that this one week of one page of one ad at one store is the entire sale of back to school items.

Around here the sales always begin around July 4th. Those that need supplies compare all of the ads to see where they can get the best bang for the buck. We also know that you can't wait to get all of your supplies at only one store and get the best prices all in the same week. This one page ad is about a week earlier then it normally starts.

Each week in July all of the stores will have Back to School sales. Some will still run a few ads the first week and "maybe" the second week of August. But...in most areas where school begins in August....if you don't get your items in July you will not be able to find a good selection and you will not be able to find them on sale.

So really...if your kids don't need supplies in July or August that's fine...but this thread is for those that WILL need to shop at this time of the summer and like getting notice about where the deals are.

I don't think that anyone thinks that this one week of one page of one ad at one store is the entire sale of back to school items.

Around here the sales always begin around July 4th. Those that need supplies compare all of the ads to see where they can get the best bang for the buck. We also know that you can't wait to get all of your supplies at only one store and get the best prices all in the same week. This one page ad is about a week earlier then it normally starts.

Each week in July all of the stores will have Back to School sales. Some will still run a few ads the first week and "maybe" the second week of August. But...in most areas where school begins in August....if you don't get your items in July you will not be able to find a good selection and you will not be able to find them on sale.

So really...if your kids don't need supplies in July or August that's fine...but this thread is for those that WILL need to shop at this time of the summer and like getting notice about where the deals are.

Yes, nothing like getting an 'extra' list handed out the first day of school for supplies needed that weren't on the one we had. My sons art teacher did that last year. I had to pay full price for nearly everything on the list because it was mid-August and all the sale stuff was gone. And when your kids get in the upper grades, art supplies get VERY expensive :scared1:

Pardon my use of that particular smilie, I was unaware it meant I was 'rolling my eyes', my goodness sorry to offend. :confused3 Not all of us post to the Dis from computers, i'm on my phone and have no idea what the smilie means.
And yes, it did seem that people were quite surprised as I read through. My kids have been out for over a month, they go back in a month. Yes, we have already started shopping and I am very thankful that she started this thread because I do not get the weekly ads anymore.

Thank you!!

I am glad you appreciate it and I will try to post any deals I see in the next few weeks.

And yes.. Disney Junkie...I DO start a thread like this "every year" and there are people that want to know about the deals and will also post the deals they find.
It's just...if anyone is "appalled" that the sales are going on now because their kids are still in school then they don't need to post and act like we are out of our minds for thinking about back to school.

Thank you!!

I am glad you appreciate it and I will try to post any deals I see in the next few weeks.

And yes.. Disney Junkie...I DO start a thread like this "every year" and there are people that want to know about the deals and will also post the deals they find.
It's just...if anyone is "appalled" that the sales are going on now because their kids are still in school then they don't need to post and act like we are out of our minds for thinking about back to school.

Why are SOME of you so touchy. My goodness, it was all in fun. It's funny to some of us that back to school sales are occuring now. None of us said it was a bad thing. None of us think you are out of your minds.

You are reading way to much into my posts.

If it makes you feel good to think I'm appalled, offended, think you're nuts or what ever, knock yourself out.

Dang, Who the heck gets this worked up over a thread about getting 100 #2 pencils for 3cents.:rotfl:

Can we please complete the current school year (last day is June 28th) and enjoy July 4th before we start getting hit with back to school sales???LOL My goodness I haven't even purchased this year's bathing suits or BBQ stuff yet. LOL LOL LOL

Well, you're in luck. In last Sunday's paper (June 19, not even officially summer yet), some local foo-foo boutique had an ad announcing their fabulous "End of Summer Clearance" sale on bathing suits and other warm weather wear. I suppose they have to make room for winter coats by the Fourth of July.

Yeah, yeah, I know most places have had their bathing suits on sale for a month or more now. It's the "end of summer" wording in the ad on June 19th that had me shaking my head.

Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter