Yavn Speaks - 12/14 Building Competetion, Magic Stuff, Quest, Ride-a-thon, and more!

WWEDUDE

<br><font color=green>I am in a head cast</font><b
Holiday greetings VMK'ers! Live and direct from VMK Central, it's the latest VMK news! And now just back from riding "it's a small world" holiday for the 400th time, heeeeere's Yavn!

Season's Greetings!

For me it's doesn't feel like a holiday until I've ridden "it's a small world" holiday. And yes, I like to ride it a lot.

You probably have a holiday tradition that you enjoy too – like building a Gingerbread house or holding a candle lighting ceremony? Whatever your tradition, we hope you enjoy the holiday no matter how you celebrate it.

Speaking of celebration, what do you think about all those new holiday items? Pretty amazing, huh? As our gift to VMK players we wanted to do something super special to end the year. This month we've added something new to VMK almost every day – and we're still hard at work making even more magic!

EventInfo-2007-12-14-CaneFence.jpg

The Candy Cane Fence...

EventInfo-2007-12-14-SnowmanHat.jpg

...and Snowman Hat are just a few of the new items we've just released this week! And there's still more great stuff to come!

We know you're really enjoying the month so far, but as they say, the best is yet to come – we've got lots more cool stuff on the way before the end of the year!

But before I give you the skinny on what's ahead, let's take care of a little business first:

Use Call For Help Wisely

First up, I need to remind you, again, using 'Call For Help' for anything other than an in-game emergency is a big no-no and will get you suspended from (meaning you won't be able to play) VMK. Asking questions about new items, or how to get a pin is NOT what 'Call For Help' is used for. We're really going to start cracking down on players that use 'Call For Help" for anything other than an in-game emergency, so make sure to spread the word.

You see, when you send in a question using 'Call For Help' or something else that's not a safety issue, you take valuable time away from our moderators who need to respond to more serious issues. So please, use 'Contact Us' if you have a question and use 'Call For Help' ONLY when you have a SERIOUS in-game emergency.

Using 'Contact Us'

Speaking of 'Contact Us' if you send a question or comment into VMK please make sure your email provider accepts our email. Some Spam Filters will automatically block e-mail from an unknown source unless you tell the program to allow it: To get email from VMK, allow mail from mailman@virtualmagickingdom.com.

That email address DOES NOT receive email. If you want to send us a note, question or comment, use 'Contact Us' – you can find the link at the bottom of any VMK web page.

Ok, so now that I've got that out of the way –

VMK Holiday Ride-A-Thon

If you're like me, around this time of year you probably hop in the car with your family to check out the holiday lights in your neighborhood – so why not a Ride-A-Thon around our neighborhood – the Virtual Magic Kingdom?

EventInfo-2007-12-14-Holidayrideathon.jpg

Forget Santa's Sleigh – we've got a great ride for you!

You heard me right! We've got a Ride-A-Thon this weekend that will showcase what you can do with all those new holiday goodies we're releasing throughout the month! The event runs this weekend!

HOLIDAY RIDE-A-THON

Friday (December 14th) from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
Saturday, December 15th from 8:00 AM to 8 PM.
Sunday, December 16th from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.

All times are Pacific Standard.

A ride through our Holiday-themed rooms will not only get you into the holiday spirit but also get you some cool rewards that you can use to build your own Gingerbread house. And speaking of Gingerbread houses...

Gingerbread Holiday Room Building Competition

Those Gingerbread pieces are pretty sweet huh? I get hungry just building with them! Which brings me to an event you're going to be super excited to hear about – the first ever VMK Gingerbread House & Holiday Room Competition!

YavnSpeaks-12-1-07-gingerbreadsneakpeek.jpg

We're baking up an awesome Gingerbread Building Competition!

Here's your chance to show the Kingdom just how much holiday spirit you've got! We'll have full details for the competition in Event & Item Info section here on the Newsletter page soon, so be sure to check that out. But play those games for credits and stock up on Gingerbread pieces, you're gonna need them!

A Jolly Holiday Quest

Let's see, we've released over 25 new items this month, announced our biggest contest ever and in a second I'll tell you about our New Year's party. What? You still want more? Ok, then how about a Holiday themed Quest that rewards a never-released item?

It's a Jolly Holiday - Quest!

Starting Monday, December 17, we'll launch the VMK Jolly Holiday Quest. This new Holiday Quest includes challenges and questions about the VMK Jolly Holiday the reward? A super awesome Blue Mickey Ears Holiday Hat!

EventInfo-HolidayHat-2007-12-14.jpg

Play the Jolly Holiday Quest and get this Blue Mickey Ears Holiday Hat.

A Magical New Year

After the holiday, be sure to rest up for our Magical New Year's Eve Party! That's right, before the year is over we're throwing one last hoorah to ring in a Magical New Year!

Like last year, VMK will have extended hours so our VMK friends on both coast/ time zones can celebrate! We'll have surprises, party hats and more! So stay tuned for the details.

Whew! Talk about a happy holiday! VMK has a lot going on this month! It's gonna be very magically!
EventInfo-2007-12-13-MagicHatA.jpg.jpg

Speaking of magic... now for my next trick...

See you soon!

-Yavn

I LOVE that blue hat, best hat VMK ever made, perfect color. Very Nice Work Staff!! :thumbsup2

Whew! Talk about a happy holiday! VMK has a lot going on this month! It's gonna be very magically!
EventInfo-2007-12-13-MagicHatA.jpg.jpg

Speaking of magic... now for my next trick...

See you soon!

-Yavn

OMG IM SOO HYPED FOR THT I CANT WAIT TO TRY IT OUT AND SEE WHAT IT DOES!!
=D LOL ,
SUNSET :santa:

All of these things sound very exciting. Way to go, VMK! :banana: But I thought this was the newsletter that was supposed to give more info. on the Trading Card Game? :confused3 Another delay I guess, but I was really looking forward to some news on that front. Maybe soon, hopefully. :santa:

Oh this is fantastic!! THANK YOU Yavn...we love all the new stuff and he says we'll gettign more...PLUS their doing New Eve's Party too with new stuff!! Wow This is the best ever on VMK. Thank You Yavn and all the staff for all your hard work!! We love it all!! ZCan't wait to see all of it!!

I must say, I wasn't very impressed with Halloween this year. However, I can see that they were saving all of their creativity for Christmas!:goodvibes Well done, VMK!:santa:

All of these things sound very exciting. Way to go, VMK! :banana: But I thought this was the newsletter that was supposed to give more info. on the Trading Card Game? :confused3 Another delay I guess, but I was really looking forward to some news on that front. Maybe soon, hopefully. :santa:
I was just thinking, where's trading card game info? I want that stuff!

Awesome blue hat. They sell blue slushies at my school the exact same color.

I can't see the last two pics on here or on vmk homepage - Did they remove them?

i bet that a bunny pops out of the magic hat.

It would be cool if VMK had a magic furniture set. And some items would be like a coat hanger.. and those old trick bags they have in the movies. you can store huge amounts of stuff in there.:rolleyes:

THis is my first VMK christmas and I'm loving it!!! Love the blue hat and all the other things going on. I am so glad I discovered............. oh I meant............ I'm so glad my kids discovered vmk!

I must say, I wasn't very impressed with Halloween this year. However, I can see that they were saving all of their creativity for Christmas!:goodvibes Well done, VMK!:santa:

I too wasn't majorly impressed at halloween. So I thought christmas was just gonna be the same so I didn't save any credits, boy was I wrong.

Way to go VMK!

Gingerbread Holiday Room Building Competition

Those Gingerbread pieces are pretty sweet huh? I get hungry just building with them! Which brings me to an event you're going to be super excited to hear about – the first ever VMK Gingerbread House & Holiday Room Competition!

YavnSpeaks-12-1-07-gingerbreadsneakpeek.jpg

We're baking up an awesome Gingerbread Building Competition!

Here's your chance to show the Kingdom just how much holiday spirit you've got! We'll have full details for the competition in Event & Item Info section here on the Newsletter page soon, so be sure to check that out. But play those games for credits and stock up on Gingerbread pieces, you're gonna need them!

Even if I know that I have no chance to win anything in VMK, I like that they have in plan of making a competition because at the beginning of the month, I thought to myself that it would be nice to have a gingerbread competition, well now that is gonna be reality :banana:

Please help a newbie.

I've never seen a competition being offered. Do you decorate one room or multiple rooms? How do you get noticed? And what are the typical prizes.

I wished they would have started this early, back in November. We only have a couple of weeks left for the holidays.

Except for the people who keep their decorations up all year long. ;)

Please help a newbie.

I've never seen a competition being offered. Do you decorate one room or multiple rooms? How do you get noticed? And what are the typical prizes.

I wished they would have started this early, back in November. We only have a couple of weeks left for the holidays.

Except for the people who keep their decorations up all year long. ;)

They will post the rules soon. I recommend waiting for those rules before starting :thumbsup2 The rules are a little different each time, so you dont want to get ahead of yourself.

wow yavn actually lied big shock there " There Will Be Tradig Card Game Info!"
yea ok thanks for nothing yavn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter