Yakitori House

spookyuki

Mouseketeer
It was the worst Japanese (in US) food I have ever eaten.
I have no idea what grade of rice they are using but really cheap..
Sukiyaki meat was almost all fat. It's called "Yakitori House" and they don't
carry Yakitori at all.
My DD enjoyed her curry.
As for my lunch.. As hungry as I was.. I just couldn't stomach it..
I think it was called Tonosama combo. My mom couldn't eat the Tokyo roll, either. Ginger cake?? what is that??
We hated wasting that much food but just couldn't eat it.. went over to Tempura Kiku. It could been better if I ordered udon or something,,,could it??
Everything tasted way too sweet.
It was so so bad.. My mom who is visiting us from Tokyo.. couldn't belive the food.

I have been here in US for a long time. I have eaten some interesting "Japanese" food before.. But Yakitori House was the worst by far..

IMHO

I agree that the combo meal is too sweet and the rice isnt up to much. I think the curry is quite nice, didnt have the sushi. Thanks for review :)

I actually like Yakitori a lot, but agree that there is one really fatty dish.

We were going to try it during our last visit until I saw they only used thigh meat in their chicken dishes. No one in my family cares for dark meat...so we just kept a' walkin'.

Yep, around here it is known as the YUCKITORI House. Never again.

When we first ate there ( about 5 years ago) we liked the food. Then they changed their menu, as well as the ingredients they use. :confused3
Once upon a time, the sukiyaki meat was actually tasty.

I agree! We ate there once and took one bite and tried to get our money back (they refused to give us the money back, they would give us something different off the menu). We said no way, trashed it and went to America for a burger.

spookyuki said:
It was the worst Japanese (in US) food I have ever eaten.
I have no idea what grade of rice they are using but really cheap..
Sukiyaki meat was almost all fat. It's called "Yakitori House" and they don't
carry Yakitori at all.
My DD enjoyed her curry.
As for my lunch.. As hungry as I was.. I just couldn't stomach it..
I think it was called Tonosama combo. My mom couldn't eat the Tokyo roll, either. Ginger cake?? what is that??
We hated wasting that much food but just couldn't eat it.. went over to Tempura Kiku. It could been better if I ordered udon or something,,,could it??
Everything tasted way too sweet.
It was so so bad.. My mom who is visiting us from Tokyo.. couldn't belive the food.

I have been here in US for a long time. I have eaten some interesting "Japanese" food before.. But Yakitori House was the worst by far..

IMHO

It's one of my boys favorites places to eat and I'm sure they'll want to eat there next time. My husband and I don't like to eat there at all.I can say the curry is actually pretty good but since they don't have the udon noodles any longer I don't bother. For what they charge the food is terrible.

Everyone has to remember that this is not a restaurant that Disney owns or has control over and I think that makes a difference. The steakhouse here has also gone downhill and they now charge for things like a salad which is unheard of in any other steakhouse. The sushi they serve is okay, not the best either.

We're lucky enough to have lot of Japanese restaurants here in Naples so I don't have to think about going when we're up at Disney.

I ate there March 05 by myself and it wasnt too bad. I had the terriyaki chicken, the meat was different and portion small I remember thinking this when they handed me the tray but when I finished it I was full. I dont think I would go back either. Anyone know if Lotus Blossum in China is any better?

Yep, around here it is known as the YUCKITORI

That's right! :rotfl: :rotfl: perfect!
As a Japanese.. it's just wrong for them to serve the food that way..
and curry rice is a child's favorite meal in Japan.. but they don't serve it for children.. just like Burger places in MK (why don't they serve burgers for children??)

Tempura kiku was better but they still had the cheap rice (with higher price) and supposed to be "in season veggie" tempura only had sweet potato, green pepper, carrot, and broccoli (aren't they around all year long??) sooo not Japanese tempura veggies..

I would try Morocco on my next trip.. Not like we can go to Epcot all the time..kicking myself for picking Yakitori house from all of the choices we could have had..

Our family of four (adults) all got something different and we all agreed - it was the worst food we had eaten. We are not picky eaters - but the food was horrible. The chicken was all dark meat with lots of fat and everything pretty much tasted the same. Never again.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area where there are lots of great Japanese food so I don't feel the need to have some at Epcot (although, I hear for the ambiance and authentic atmosphere, the Teppanyaki place is wonderful). Just last week we had wonderful sushi--dragon roll, rock and roll and an unagi California roll... yum!

Sorry you had such a bad time. I'm not sure that you should eat in any of the World Showcase countries you have actually lived in. I won't be taking my English DH, & M-I-L to the Rose & Crown. I ate there years ago before I lived in the UK and enjoyed it, but don't want to take any chances.

I agree with the previous poster, never go to a counter service restaurant at a theme park expecting food comparable to what you may be used to or grew up eating. I grew up eating Japanese food and my husband grew up eating Chinese, but we certainly don't expect fine cuisine at Yakitori House or Lotus Blossom Cafe, but if you have a craving for short grain rice or curry, you're not going to find it anywhere else on property. The same theory goes for WDW coffee, it ain't Starbucks but it is caffeine.
p.s.- The TDL gyoza sausage buns are much worse than anything at Yakitori House in my opinion.

although, I hear for the ambiance and authentic atmosphere, the Teppanyaki place is wonderful

Wow - who gave you this misinformation?

Teppanyaki consists of a bunch of small rooms crammed with many cooking tables, tons of people, including lots of young children, and is very noisy. It has no ambience at all except for "frantic." The atmosphere is authentic "fast food" and hardly authentic. In fact, the one time (and last time) we ate there, our cook wasn't even Asian but was a young man from Texas.

The food isn't very good either.

Sorry you had a bad experience.

My family likes the Yakitori House. My little DD especially. DH got the curry last time and said it was good.

But then again, we've never been to Japan, so can't compare.

We also enjoy Teppanyaki and Tempura Kiku.

Maggie

The tempura and Yakitori House are the only dining experiences that my wife and I have truly been disappointed with. We live about ten minutes, if there is traffic, from EPCOT and eat at the parks quite often. There are too many other good options, especially at EPCOT, to settle for anything less than very good food.

lost*in*cyberspace said:
Wow - who gave you this misinformation?

Teppanyaki consists of a bunch of small rooms crammed with many cooking tables, tons of people, including lots of young children, and is very noisy. It has no ambience at all except for "frantic." The atmosphere is authentic "fast food" and hardly authentic. In fact, the one time (and last time) we ate there, our cook wasn't even Asian but was a young man from Texas.

The food isn't very good either.

Somebody told me that here on the boards when I posted a question about Teppanyaki. Never been there, so I was just going by what I was told.

juju said:
I agree with the previous poster, never go to a counter service restaurant at a theme park expecting food comparable to what you may be used to or grew up eating. I grew up eating Japanese food and my husband grew up eating Chinese, but we certainly don't expect fine cuisine at Yakitori House or Lotus Blossom Cafe, but if you have a craving for short grain rice or curry, you're not going to find it anywhere else on property. The same theory goes for WDW coffee, it ain't Starbucks but it is caffeine.
p.s.- The TDL gyoza sausage buns are much worse than anything at Yakitori House in my opinion.

Can we all come to your house for dinner please?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter