Yak & Yeti Cafe or Restaurant

TNKim

Mouseketeer
I've never been to either, so is the honey chicken bowl and teriyaki beef bowl served at the cafe the same as is served at the restaurant? We need to use another QS instead of TS.

Big difference in price. My kids got the honey chicken at the ts restaurant and it was almost $20 for what we thought were tiny portions. The similar meal at qs is less than $10. And you don't have to leave a tip.

WE really liked the QS. It has nice outdoor seating. Family got the beef dish and loved it, DS got the Kobe burger that was a little expensive, but still cheaper than getting the same burger inside the restaurant. I got the side of Chicken fried rice, and it was plenty for lunch! And tasty, too!

The quick service on our last trip was extremely disappointing. It resembled a TV dinner food. Used to be great, but it was horrible in August.

We really like the TS. I found the Honey Chicken and the Sweet and Sour Chicken portions to be large. I was stuffed each time.

We really like the TS. I found the Honey Chicken and the Sweet and Sour Chicken portions to be large. I was stuffed each time.

When was the last time you went? We got them in boxes previously, this time they were all in tv dinner plastic tray containers.

When was the last time you went? We got them in boxes previously, this time they were all in tv dinner plastic tray containers.

We went to the Yak & Yeti sit down (TS in above post) restaurant, not the Quick Serve (QS). They were served on normal china.
I think you experienced Yak & Yeti Local Café, which is the QS

We went to the Yak & Yeti sit down (TS in above post) restaurant, not the Quick Serve (QS). They were served on normal china.
I think you experienced Yak & Yeti Local Café, which is the QS

Reading is hard, duh. :P

Anyone else notice that the QS has gone downhill?

QS! We were starving and throughly enjoyed the curry or whatever we get. It was phenomenal! We are struggling to decide whether to go there or the new Sa'tuuli cantina in Pandora for our AK QS credit.

Reading is hard, duh. :P

Anyone else notice that the QS has gone downhill?

You mentioned that you went in August. Maybe others complained, too, and maybe they upped their game since then. We went in January and thoroughly enjoyed our QS meals. And the weather was perfect, so sitting outside in the little courtyard was wonderful. Not sure if I could have sat out there in the August heat, though.

We just got back and we did both. Did QS one day for lunch and had 5:30pm ADR about 4 days later. The QS was much more disappointing that the last time we were there 2 years ago. It was 4 pieces of a chicken and some rice in a little cardboard box. I remember 2 years ago there was more and it had some veggies in it. I was a little worried about our ADR but we have never been there and it was a nice break on a long day when we park hopped all 4 parks.

We were seated within 5 minutes of checking in. My husband and I started with the Dim Sum Pot and the kids split a bowl of wonton soup. They brought them out in cups and charged us the price of one $5 bowl. We all liked our appetizers. The girls drank their entire soup once the wontons were eaten.

I actually ordered the honey chicken meal and it was worth the $18. THE BEST sugar snap peas ever. So crunchy and sweet. It also had broccoli, carrots and red peppers as well. A lot more chicken and rice too. It was fresh. Worth the $8 more for sure and sitting in the AC relaxing was even better. The waiter even brought me extra peas after just mentioning how good they were. My 15yr old daughter had the Sriracha Seafood Mac and Cheese on their special menu that was fabulous. My husband had some teriyaki steak on their special menu. It was melt in your mouth with perfect asian seasoning. The wasabi mashed potatoes were so yummy. My 7yr old got the teriyaki chicken breast kids meal with broccoli and rice. It came with a drink too and it was $8 total.

It was by far the best bang for your buck in Disney as far as sit down meals. Great relaxing service too. Highly recommend. We will be sticking with Flaming Tree BBQ for QS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter