Yak and Yeti

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by disneyfreak202, Jul 8, 2018.

1. disneyfreak202

disneyfreak202 Mouseketeer

I am trying to move plans around and Yak and Yeti doesn't have any availability on the day I am trying to move it to. I have heard that Yak and Yeti only gives Disney so many reservations and you can call the restaurant directly? Is this true?

I am also thinking about getting a Landry's card, but not having a reservation makes me nervous of not getting in.

Any advice you can share is greatly appreciated! I currently have dinner booked 9/11 and am trying to get lunch on 9/13 instead.

2. cmwade77

cmwade77 DIS Veteran

I believe this is true, also Open Table gets some of the reservations at some of the non Disney owned restaurants, even a few restaurants that are Disney Owned have been known to show up there.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Mambo Junkie

Mambo Junkie DIS Veteran

I also read somewhere (but don't hold me to it) that if you had a Landrys card you would get seated. Landrys also has the Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex.

ETA; I am trying to get Yak and Yeti also. I currently have a couple that I am thinking of canceling for 11/5 if that works for you

5. cmwade77

cmwade77 DIS Veteran

You get priority seating, based on availability, at Landry's restaurants. If you are a President Club Member, you get "highest priority seating" which means you can even request certain seating if you want. But neither guarantees you seating, just priority over other walkup walkup guests.

6. Rich M

Rich M DIS Veteran

If you have the Landrys card you get in even before people with reservations. You show your card and then they put you in to the next available table that will sit your party. They only people who get in before you are people who arrived first with there Landry card or the President club members. I usually get a reservation and still show my card to move ahead of people who have been waiting.

pattyw, ConnecticutNonna and Minnie17 like this.
  7. soccermom54

soccermom54 Mouseketeer

We have been Landrys club members for years and all you need to do is show your card at the check-in podium and you get the next available table. It is wonderful to know you do not need to make a reservation at Yak and Yeti, RF or T-Rex. I feel this is the best perk of membership.

pattyw and Rich M like this.
  8. Christy702

Christy702 Mouseketeer

If you are trying to have lunch, we have always had good luck showing up right at 11 when they open and getting seating. Obviously can't promise this will always work, but worth a shot if you end up not getting a res or a Landry's card.