yak and yeti, deluxe DDP and no kid appetizers

Lisa F

is a very wise woman
there are no kid appetizers on the Yak and Yeti menu. If I'm doing deluxe DDP with a kiddo, does he just not get an appetizer or does he get to order an appetizer off of the adult menu? anyone know?

I'm pretty sure the carrot sticks listed in the kid's menu items are considered the app for them.

Is there not an adult entree he might like? Lo Mein? Honey Chicken? Kabobs?

I'm pretty sure the carrot sticks listed in the kid's menu items are considered the app for them.

Is there not an adult entree he might like? Lo Mein? Honey Chicken? Kabobs?
so they basically give them a third side? He might eat the kabobs (we were just looking at that). is that one of the places they will let him order off the adult menu as a kid?

Probably not, because Y&Y is run by a third-party, not Disney, and when a place is third-party, they tend to be quite orthodox.

I don't know for sure, because I've never done the DxDP. But, it's been repeated here many, many times before that there is no adult/child distinction when on the DxDP. If that is true, I see no reason why your child can't order an adult appetizer.

Probably not, because Y&Y is run by a third-party, not Disney, and when a place is third-party, they tend to be quite orthodox.

Is there a way to look up which restaurants are Disney-owned and which ones are not??? Just find it interesting.

I don't know for sure, because I've never done the DxDP. But, it's been repeated here many, many times before that there is no adult/child distinction when on the DxDP. If that is true, I see no reason why your child can't order an adult appetizer.
I guess I will just ask as I go, I'm sure the wait staff will be invested in jacking up their tip if they want to. I have been planning on no app (my child will not eat most if the apps... lettuce and fat free ranch is not happening) and kid meals. if we can order more it would be great! if not I am still coming out ahead.

If your child enjoys fruit, I would ask for a fruit appetizer, if they don't care for the adult items. They may also be able to provide a soup starter. Never hurts to ask!!!

I had to go check my notes on that one from 2 trips ago when we did Yak & Yeti on the DxDP and I don't have an appetizer noted for my son. I got the green beans, which I seem to recall sharing with him. I'm sure he must have been offered something, but it obviously wasn't noteworthy so probably some carrot sticks or grapes or something like that.

I had to go check my notes on that one from 2 trips ago when we did Yak & Yeti on the DxDP and I don't have an appetizer noted for my son. I got the green beans, which I seem to recall sharing with him. I'm sure he must have been offered something, but it obviously wasn't noteworthy so probably some carrot sticks or grapes or something like that.
Oh thanks. he'll probably get a kid meal and doesn't care for fruits and veggies (working on that, finally got him to finish a whole smoothie and even request more! so who knows where we will be by then) so it may not matter much what they offer, lol. Maybe a third go-gurt :P he can suck those things down like no tomorrow. We may not end up there, maybe Tiffin if it has decent kid options. really who knows at this point, AK is so up in the air with the RoL stuff. I just extended my trip by a day to make the previous friday a travel day so now we have a full day at AK, will do breakfast at tusker house and opens up a dinner opportunity! hoping to do breakfast with the RoL package.

When we were there in 2013 on the Deluxe DP they offered my 8 year old his choice of the adult appetizers. We assumed this was standard. We love Yak and Yetis!! So good!

I am pretty sure that we got appetizers for the kids, but I seem to remember it being something small (like a bowl of wonton soup for my daughter, and maybe steamed rice for my son). Then again, we could have paid OOP for those. The kids definitely got something before the entree, though, because I remember being so grateful that they weren't eating the table before our food arrived.

The plan states that children must order from the children's menu so if the restaurant sticks to the provisions the child can't have the adult aoietizer

Is there a way to look up which restaurants are Disney-owned and which ones are not??? Just find it interesting.
Most of the restaurants in Disney Springs are not owned by Disney, but will accept the dining plan. I believe the same is true for restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin, but not positive. The only restaurants in the parks that are not Disney are Rainforest Cafe and Yak and Yeti, both in ANimal Kingdom. They are both Landry's restaurants, and so are T-Rex and Rainforest in Disney Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter