Yak and Yeti Counter Service

PixieDustandEeyore

DIS Veteran
For CS at Y&Y what are you entitled to on the DDP. I know you'd get a drink, an entree and a dessert. But with the Entrees do they give you plain white rice or chicken fried rice? Im not a huge fan of plain rice as its well pretty plain so I was curious.
TIA

If memory serves me correctly it is plain white rice. I too don't care for white rice at all, plain or otherwise but there is usually plenty of salt on the condiment tables and about 10 grams of sodium chloride helps ;) (Please don't act on that advice :eek:). I dont usually get as far as the rice anyway, save for the odd grains that get caught up with the rest of the meal. What entree(s) were you thinking of ordering?

You can ask for noodles though.

The white rice is at the bottom of the very cute chinese style take out containers. The entree is on the top, so the rice becomes flavored with the sauce. The also have fried rice as a side. The potions are pletiful, and we have thought it was good.

If memory serves me correctly it is plain white rice. I too don't care for white rice at all, plain or otherwise but there is usually plenty of salt on the condiment tables and about 10 grams of sodium chloride helps ;) (Please don't act on that advice :eek:). I dont usually get as far as the rice anyway, save for the odd grains that get caught up with the rest of the meal. What entree(s) were you thinking of ordering?

You can ask for noodles though.

I was thinking Sweet and Sour Pork or Honey Chicken :)

Ill probably end up using a snack credit for chicken fried rice as that is a favourite of mine. Growing up getting chicken fried rice was a real treat.
We tended to eat alot of German (Schnitzel, Spaetzel , Sausage) or British food (Shepherd's Pie, Yorkshire Pudding and Pot Roast ...even blood sausage:O)

I always find it interesting to hear what people think is a treat. My fiance's mother makes homemade lasagna with homemade noodles, homemade sauces , heck she even makes her own cheese but to him thats the norm and my family's schnitzel and spaetzle is special to him.

So excited to try some yummy chinese at Yak n Yeti counter service (since we couldn't fit in a reservation for the TS)

Yak and Yeti CS is IMO, one of the nicer CS in the AK. As a PP said, the entree is on top of the rice so it does absorb the flavor, but I just don't care for white rice. But as stated, portions are quite substantial, hence the reason why I don't usually get as far as the rice.

It is definitely worth a visit and you feel like you have eated a "proper" meal - real food! :) BTW, you can keep your blood sausage (or blood pudding as it's called here :rotfl2:)

Yak and Yeti CS is IMO, one of the nicer CS in the AK. As a PP said, the entree is on top of the rice so it does absorb the flavor, but I just don't care for white rice. But as stated, portions are quite substantial, hence the reason why I don't usually get as far as the rice.

It is definitely worth a visit and you feel like you have eated a "proper" meal - real food! :) BTW, you can keep your blood sausage (or blood pudding as it's called here :rotfl2:)

I dont like blood pudding or blood sausage but we used to get served it growing up.... ick! haha

Wow I didn't relize the rice is a snack credit. I could make a meal out of that and a egg roll. This is good to know since we are on the QSDP.

How is the honey chicken? Is it worth trying?

When we went there DH had the honey chicken and liked it. I had the shrimp lo mein and it was very good with a ton of shrimp.

Everything we ordered there that day was fresh, portions were good and they weren't skimpy on the meat. It was very good for CS!

I know you were asking about the rice, but when we were at AK a couple of weeks ago, it was so hot outisde, so we didn't want a hot meal. Dh and I got the Asian Chicken Sandwich (cold) -- it was sooooooo good. Just food for thought (not pun intended). It came with Sun Chips, and we also received a drink and dessert.

MY DH had lunch there on DDP and he said it's only the white rice that comes with the meal and he confirmed that you can get the fried rice as a snack!

We had lunch at Yak and Yeti last month and my daughter didn't eat her chicken fried rice so I tried it...OH YUMMY! If that's the same rice at the counter service then that sounds like a great snack to me!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter