Yahoo-made my first ressies........

RweTHEREyet

DIS Veteran
Thought I was going to have to wait an eternity, but I called this morning and got a Studio at OKW for next month--was very surprised it was available. We will spend 2 nights at OKW and then spend the rest of the week at AllStars where my son's Robotics Team will be staying. I know OKW will spoil me and it will be hard to move to AllStars, but I couldn't help but take advantage of the situation of staying at DVC while there. Actually had to borrow the points [GASP] something I said I would never do, but 2 nights won't be too bad on the point situation.

Any words of wisdom for a first-time stay at OKW?

Also thought I would mention that I called first thing this morning and told no studios available anywhere. Based on recommendations I had seen on this Board I called back within a few minutes and got my OKW studio for 2 nights. Thanks for the Tip.

RweTHEREyet?

[This message was edited by RweTHEREyet on 03-06-01 at 03:22 PM.]

If you think you might be spoiled this time? Wait until you try a 1 or 2 bedroom!! Once you try these, there's no going back!!!!!!! Our first trip to OKW was also spent in a studio. When we visited HH for the first time, we had a 2-bedroon overlooking the swimming pool!! From then on we have had to stay in the 2-bedroon whenever we go to OKW! We had always been used to regular motel rooms until we joined DVC. Now we are SPOILED!!

Maybe one thing you might want to do since this is your 1st stay at OKW, look around and see if there is a certain area that you like better than others. This way when you return you can ask for a certain building or area. We are fond of the Turtle Pond Rd area.

:) :) :cool: :cool:

Thanks Les, however my point allotment isn't going to allow me too many 2-bedroom nights, until I add on at the Beach Club. I cannot wait for them to start selling there.

RweTHEREyet?

Everyone is right, you will be spoiled for the rest of your trip! We got spoiled when we stayed in a 1 BR for the first time....Haven't done a studio since! Now we hardly stay in a 1BR unless it is just the two of us! We just love that OKW space!! ;)

Disneydiane
mickey36.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!