Yachtsmans after Shula's... will I be disappointed????????

ickeynickey

There Can Only Be one Nickey!
My family and I will in Disney at the end of June until the middle of July. We will be going to Shulas the day after we arrive. We then have a ressie for Yachtman's three days later. If I keep the ressie and go, will the quality be so different that we will be disappointed or is the restaurant different enough from Shula's that it will stand on its own merit. Need opinions.:confused3

My family and I will in Disney at the end of June until the middle of July. We will be going to Shulas the day after we arrive. We then have a ressie for Yachtman's three days later. If I keep the ressie and go, will the quality be so different that we will be disappointed or is the restaurant different enough from Shula's that it will stand on its own merit. Need opinions.:confused3

If you're going to compare steaks, you'll be disappointed.

The service is wonderful at Yachtsman, the onion rolls are TDF, but the steaks, no matter how pretty they look hangin' in the case, are not Prime beef- they are Choice. So they aren't real steakhouse quality- although, they are priced just like they are! :eek: I've never been to Shula's, but I believe it's a REAL steakhouse with Prime meats. My guess is that you'll be less impressed-

DH and I have dined at both. Shula's is definetely a more upscale atmosphere with higher quality steaks. Also Shula's is an al a carte type menu. We also like Yatchsman very much too. The steak grade may only be choice, but they also have other very good complete entrees on the menu. I would certainly do both. I don't think you will be disappointed.

If you order steak at both, you will be disappointed. I was not happy with the "filet mignon" served to me in December at Yachtsman. At $40 for that steak, I expected Prime quality. It wasn't. :mad:

We are doing the same thing in September, I have eaten at the Yachtsman and it is quite good.

We eat at Yachtsman, then Shulas, so please let me know what you thought!

Both restaurants can stand on their own merits. IMO, Shula's is a little bit than Yachtsman, but not massively so. I think doing two steakhouses in 4 nights would make the second suffer by comparison, no matter what the two places are or which one is ostensibly "better."

Yes you will be...we have a Shula's locally and it is insanely fantastic...never been to the one in WDW though. I can tell you the last time we went to the YM was THE last time we will go to the YM, DH was just miserable with the taste of the food. Service was A+++ but the food was not

Not that Yachtsman isn't good--it is. But it's just not in the same class as Shula's in most categories. So you will most likely be disappointed--especially as gibbersome suggests if you are going to compare steaks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter