Yachtsman

jamala

Mouseketeer
Dh decided he wanted to do a signature this trip so I booked the yachtsman since we all love steak. We did Le Cellier last time and the kids were disappointed, they like big steaks--lol. We have 3 kids 6,14,17. I am trying to cut down packing and was wondering, will nice jeans and a disney polo shirt be ok for the dress code here? Dh does not want to stick out but he really doesn't want to have to a pack sports coat for the trip.

Also, is the surf and turf available on the Dining Plan?? My DD loves steak and lobster so this is what she wants to order.

Thanks,

Jeans will be fine.

Does Yachtsman have a surf and turf? I don't remember that being on their menu but I haven't dined here in 2 years since we now go to Shulas instead.

Dh decided he wanted to do a signature this trip so I booked the yachtsman since we all love steak. We did Le Cellier last time and the kids were disappointed, they like big steaks--lol. We have 3 kids 6,14,17. I am trying to cut down packing and was wondering, will nice jeans and a disney polo shirt be ok for the dress code here? Dh does not want to stick out but he really doesn't want to have to a pack sports coat for the trip.

Also, is the surf and turf available on the Dining Plan?? My DD loves steak and lobster so this is what she wants to order.

Thanks,

I dont know the answer but I have the same questions, I am sure answers will be forthcoming soon.

Dh and I went last year he wore a polo and nice shorts. I may be wrong but I thought no jeans, ?? The steak was good and you can get anything on the menu on the DP but I do not remember surf and turf. Look up the menu, good luck

Their menu lists a surf and turf--butter poached lobster and strip steak. I hope if is on the dining plan because my dd has her heart set on it.

Personally I wouldn't wear jeans to the Yachtsman, but I've seen people come in with bathing suit shorts and a t-shirt and they weren't turned away.

We ate there in July 2011. It was hot 90+ degrees that day and most people were in shorts. My husband and I both had on dress shorts and fit right in. I don't remember if they has surf and turf but I had an amazing Scallop dish for appetizer and steak for entree.

The updated menu on AllEars does NOT list a surf-n-turf entree. The WDW reservation 'sample menu' does - but it's anyone's guess how old that menu is.

http://allears.net/menu/menu_ys.htm

If your restaurant choice hinges completely on your daughter's entree order, I would call ahead to be certain. (but remember, things can always change if an item has run out that night, etc)

Thanks so much, she will always be happy with a steak but just liked the sound of the steak and lobster meal.

As of August this year no lobster on the menu anymore. Our server said it had to do with the supplier and them having issues with the contract?:confused3 I was bummed but the lobster bisque and the onion bread poppers with roasted garlic were to die for!!!!:worship:
Everyone was at least in capris and dress shirts, no jeans that I could see.

She loves seafood bisque so I will be sure she orders that to go with her meal. She is a picky eater in that she likes steak, shrimp and lobster (I guess you could say expensive eater--lol). She doesn't eat many veggies but will eat a salad and baked potatoes but that is about it except for breakfast foods.

As of August this year no lobster on the menu anymore. Our server said it had to do with the supplier and them having issues with the contract?:confused3 I was bummed but the lobster bisque and the onion bread poppers with roasted garlic were to die for!!!!:worship:
Everyone was at least in capris and dress shirts, no jeans that I could see.

Does this just apply to Yachtsman? Specifically I am hoping Narcoossee's still has the Maine Lobster since it is their signature dish...

According to the Yachtsman Menu here on the DIS dated 7/12 there is a surf and turf offering.

As far as jeans go, you can probably get away with them but something like khakis would be nicer.

My 16 year old son had the surf and turf in June. When he saw it cost $65, he got psyched to order it. :laughing:

No one had jeans on in June, but it was very hot out. My son wore khaki dress shorts with a nice colored T-shirt and button-up plaid over it. The other guys in our party (father- and brother-in-law, and nephew) wore khaki slacks with polo shirts. Mom-in-law and I wore nice crop pants and blouses. My sister-in-law was in a maxi dress while my niece was in a shorter dress.

We were celebrating my in-laws' 50th wedding anniversary, and let me tell that our dinner was positively grand. :) It was a very special occasion and the restaurant was perfect! We loved our food and our server and had a wonderful time.

Hope you have a great trip, OP!

We've gone there often for dinner & were last there in Nov/Dec 2011. There were so many people there who were dressed tacky. Please note that however they were dressed or undressed, they didn't bother us as long as they didn't reach for our food! Just answering your question regarding the dress code.

Many looked like they had just come from the park - shorts, tshirts, tshirts with slogans & designs, thongs, ball caps, sun visors, etc. From what I saw, I would think a pair of jeans would be an improvement. If I were you, I'd pack the jeans for Yachtsman's.

We eat at the Yachtsman every trip and I guess we have been lucky in that I have never seen anyone dressed inappropriately and never anyone in a thong. :sad2:

That said, we have seen dress shorts with polo shirts, dress jeans, with a nice shirt, capris and we have seen men in coats with ties.

The men in our family wear Docker's slacks with polo collar shirts and the women wore, casual dresses, skirts with nice tops, or dress pants with appropriate tops.

I could never go into a restaurant that has flowers and white table cloths and be comfortable unless I was neatly dressed.

I would not wear jeans to Yachtsman or any Signature Restaurant. I don't believe you would be turned away, but we are not comfortable unless we dress up just a bit. It is part of the Signature experience for us.
MY DH and DS wear dress shorts and nice collared polo shirts. I usually wear nice linen capris and a dressy blouse and fancy sandals.
As others have said, everything on the menu is available on the DDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter