We did have a couple of minor order mistakes when dining there last fall. However, they were fairly soon corrected. Other food as delicious as ever.

I hope people will consider that covid is still affecting various businesses. We were a bit annoyed that we hadn't gotten documents on a DVC resale contract after waiting nearly 2 months with no word of a delay. Turned out that the broker's office was in turmoil with several key personnel out sick with covid.

So many Disney servers and cooks laid off either found other jobs or retired, resulting in many less-experienced replacements.

Please, give a little more consideration to the still-struggling service industry in particular.
Yeah Disney continues to raise its prices but still cant seem to find people to work, huh? Yeah I'll treat service people with dignity and respect but I sure as toot not gonna give "more consideration" to the company. For the prices they are charging for food at Yachtsman and the bonuses they give executives I don't think I have to settle for a sub-optimum meal at this dump.

Yeah Disney continues to raise its prices but still cant seem to find people to work, huh? Yeah I'll treat service people with dignity and respect but I sure as toot not gonna give "more consideration" to the company. For the prices they are charging for food at Yachtsman and the bonuses they give executives I don't think I have to settle for a sub-optimum meal at this dump.
You had me until "dump."

C'mon. The Yachtsman may have under-delivered in OP's case (contrary to our experience there last month), but "dump"? Seriously???

Nope. I prefer Bern's in Tampa. We fly in/out of Tampa just so we can go to Bern's.
Great place. Bern's is one of the great steakhouses of the US. Often rated in the top 20. I wouldn't expect a WDW "Steakhouse" to come close to measuring up to Berns.

I'm saddened by many of the reports i this thread. In years past we loved YSH. Had a favorite waiter there (Oscar) who always was happy to se us and gave great service. We enjoyed really liked the pull apart onion rolls with roasted garlic. Steaks were always cooked to our desired level of doneness. It has been many years sone we have been there however since we found Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria, which comes close to Bern's quality.

Great place. Bern's is one of the great steakhouses of the US. Often rated in the top 20. I wouldn't expect a WDW "Steakhouse" to come close to measuring up to Berns.

I'm saddened by many of the reports i this thread. In years past we loved YSH. Had a favorite waiter there (Oscar) who always was happy to se us and gave great service. We enjoyed really liked the pull apart onion rolls with roasted garlic. Steaks were always cooked to our desired level of doneness. It has been many years sone we have been there however since we found Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria, which comes close to Bern's quality.

The highlight of Berns is the wine list. #1 list in the United States by far. The steaks are excellent as well. People in my wine group will fly in from all around the country just so they can go to Berns.

We did not have good experiences at Yachtsman several years ago after going numerous times so moved over to their Lounge (Crews Cup). Their Prime Rib Sliders were out of this world and went twice each trip. Now, no sliders so crossed them off our list. Our ADR list is getting smaller and smaller with each trip. I now go back home with money. :)

"Giving consideration" doesn't mean being a doormat. It's very disappointing when an expensive meal goes wrong. The only thing you can do is demand to speak to a manager and get appropriate compensation, which, in this case, would seem to be a comped meal. It doesn't make up for your ruined evening but at least you don't have to pay for it.

We had a terrible meal there about 3 or 4 years ago. I had saved that ADR until the very end of our trip because I thought it was going to be the meal that was the highlight of our trip. We ordered our steaks medium and they came out burnt. I sent mine back and the new one came out just as bad.

We had a terrible meal there about 3 or 4 years ago. I had saved that ADR until the very end of our trip because I thought it was going to be the meal that was the highlight of our trip. We ordered our steaks medium and they came out burnt. I sent mine back and the new one came out just as bad.
Which is when you definitely ask for a manager. I hope you did that.

We went to Yachtsman in November 2021 and I was very, very nervous since I had read so many bad reviews. We ended up having a wonderful experience with great food, excellent service, and a waiter that sought out special light up Ariel cups at no charge for our girls (pixie dust, yay!). It was one of the best meals we've ever had on Disney property.

Our meal at California Grill, however, was awful. Service was good but the food was bad and my steak was overcooked. That place always gets rave reviews.

Just goes to show you that dining at Disney is like rolling the dice. I agree, it absolutely should not be if you're paying that kind of money at a 'signature' dining experience.

We were at Yachtsman for my DD’s birthday, per her request, on NYE this past December. We thought it was excellent. Service was great and so was the food. I’d definitely go back.

I agree with this, our meal here in May was awful. Took forever, the server kept disappearing and when we said we were done and ready for the check she didn’t come back for 45 minutes. Really hard with a baby who’s ready to go. None of our food was good except the free onion rolls which were great.

We were there in April and when we arrived the hostess told us we were in for a "real treat!" Well, we got sub-par apps, and the steaks were not top grade steak. I ordered a Strip Loin, and it looked like it had been run over by a car....definitely not a traditional strip loin. The service was just ok. The bill for 4 adults and a toddler was almost $500.....seriously will never go back there. As previously said there are better places around. I would rather go the Charlie's......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter