Yachtman's or Shula's

Ercole

I am not what is called a civilized man, Professor
Since these two restaurants are so close, do you prefer Shula's or Yachtman's for steak, assuming you pay OOP at each. Which would be better if DD10 and DD13/DS13 were eating there too?

Shula's is in a much higher class than Yachtsman (which is nice in its own right, just not in the same class). Shula's is also a bit pricier, but you pay for that higher quality.

I ate at Yachtsman in Dec...I was underwhelmed. My steak was the last meal out, and it was badly overcooked..asked for medium rare, got medium well, even after restating my preferences when ordering. By the time I had my meal, everyone else had started. If I had sent it back, it would have held up everyone else.
I've booked Shula's for our summer trip...it has been highly recommended.

This choice boils down to how knowledgable/selective one is about beef.

Those who really appreciate a choice cut and do both places will immediately realize Shula's is in a completely different league. That's not to say Yachtsmen is bad, just that it is not of the rarefied quality some think (when compared to the flat out, no-holds-barred realm of top, top shelf steakhouses one experiences upon entering Shulas).

All that stated, I'm not sure the additional quality of Shulas will be fully appreciated by children and young teens - which is something the OP may want to take into consideration.

This choice boils down to how knowledgable/selective one is about beef.

Those who really appreciate a choice cut and do both places will immediately realize Shula's is in a completely different league. That's not to say Yachtsmen is bad, just that it is not of the rarefied quality some think (when compared to the flat out, no-holds-barred realm of top, top shelf steakhouses one experiences upon entering Shulas).

All that stated, I'm not sure the additional quality of Shulas will be fully appreciated by children and young teens - which is something the OP may want to take into consideration.

Is Shula's any better than Morton's or Ruth Chris?

Is Shula's any better than Morton's or Ruth Chris?
Same class IMO. I like Yachtman, I only eat at Shula's if someone elses is paying. Bear in mind that Shula's like Ruth Chris etc. you get your steak and some parsley, you have to pay for any sides you may want. At Yachtman, your meal comes with a potatoes/fries/mashed etc. and some sort of veggy. It all adds up!

Shula's does not serve USDA Prime. They serve the "Shula Cut" which they claim is better then Prime.

That said there isn't a third party (USDA) evaluating the claims.

Most people think they quality of their steaks is equivalent to restaurants that serve Prime.

Diane--Restaurants like the Outback can serve meat the way I order it. I have no patience when restaurants that are more expensive, and serve higher quality beef, can't do the same thing.

Same class IMO. I like Yachtman, I only eat at Shula's if someone elses is paying. Bear in mind that Shula's like Ruth Chris etc. you get your steak and some parsley, you have to pay for any sides you may want. At Yachtman, your meal comes with a potatoes/fries/mashed etc. and some sort of veggy. It all adds up!

Thanks, I read up on Shula, and having eaten at other upscale chain steakhouses, I don't think the experience will be too different.

The interesting thing is the that Yachtman's Steakhouse prices are comparable to Shula's, yet they serve a lower quality product. Another reason why it makes sense to be on the Disney dining plan if you plan on eating at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter