Yacht Club vs Wilderness Lodge

TX2WDW

Earning My Ears
We are staying 9 nights during Thanksgiving. We are currently booked at Yacht Club but I notice today that Wilderness Lodge is also available. We have only been two times to Disney World and have only stayed at AoA. While I have always wanted to stay at Wilderness Lodge, the proximity to 2 parks of Yacht Club during the busy Thanksgiving time is pretty appealing. Which would you choose, and why? Pros and Cons of both resorts? TIA!

For 9 nights I would consider a split stay - 4 at WL and 5 at YC. WL is beautiful and so relaxing. I love the boat ride to/from MK, especially at the end of a long day, when the stroll to the dock is shorter than getting to the monorail, walking to CR, or hopping a bus. YC is also relaxing, but in a different way - for us, YC is all about chilling by the pool and meandering over to EP for meals.

We are doing the free dining offer so I don't think a split-stay is feasible as we would lose free dining for the second half of the stay.

We are staying 9 nights during Thanksgiving. We are currently booked at Yacht Club but I notice today that Wilderness Lodge is also available. We have only been two times to Disney World and have only stayed at AoA. While I have always wanted to stay at Wilderness Lodge, the proximity to 2 parks of Yacht Club during the busy Thanksgiving time is pretty appealing. Which would you choose, and why? Pros and Cons of both resorts? TIA!
Wilderness Lodge has much more of a Thanksgiving vibe. I'd stay there.

WL is gorgeous, but you"ll get a bigger room and better location. And with the Thanksgiving crowds, walking to two parks is a big advantage over sitting on buses in traffic.

We haven't stayed at YC, but have stayed at BC as well as WL and my choice would be the WL. We had a nice stay in the Epcot area, but we prefer being in the MK area. We like the atmosphere and pool better, as well as the dining options. We find more of a variety of dining options at the WL/monorail resorts, especially for CS as the quick serve options at the Epcot resorts are too limited for us. As far as the rooms, we found them to be comparable in size. The YC rooms are slightly larger, but not a huge difference (at least not to us).

For me the YC or BC is a no brainer. Add in the fact that you are going during a holiday and it seals the deal. Not having to ride a bus to two different parks is a huge benefit during busy times of the year. YC/BC has the best pool area also.

I've stayed at both. I enjoyed both. You really can't go wrong. I think I'd pick YC for the convenience of getting to Epcot and HS unless you plan to do a lot of dining in the MK area resorts.

I am partial to the Epcot resorts, but during Thanksgiving YC would be much better. When you are leaving Epcot after a long day, it will take you a 5-10 minute walk from the back exit to get back to the room; whereas, you would have to wait for a bus. Personally, I love staying by Epcot for ability to walk to 2 parks and I enjoy Epcot. If you plan on eating a lot at Epcot and have park hoppers, then I would say stick with YC. There will be plenty to do at Epcot after Thanksgiving Day with Holidays Around the World starting. Also, make sure you watch the holiday version of Illuminations. It may be the best firework display on property.

We are doing the free dining offer so I don't think a split-stay is feasible as we would lose free dining for the second half of the stay.
As much as I love WL, with free dining I would choose YC simply due to wanting to eat lots of meals in World Showcase. Plus Stormalong Bay is pretty incredible. Hopefully you will have another trip when you can try WL.

I love the lodge. That was the first property that we stayed at as a family. That being said, the convenience of the Yacht club during one of the busiest times of the year would be the deciding factor for me. You can walk into two parks, and go thru Epcot to the monorail for Magic Kingdom. During the busy times the roads/bus routes can really back up. I hope you have a wonderful time!

I've stayed at both YC and WL. While WL will always be one of my favorites, after staying at the YC I'd say YC hands down. Being able to walk to Epcot, taking the boat to HS and (if you have PH tix) if you're in Epcot and taking the monorail to MK will SO be worth it! Plus, if the weather is warm enough, you can't beat the SAB pool at YC!

Thanks for the advice. We have decided to stay at Yacht Club. Hoping the ability to walk to 2 resorts make the crowded transportation a little easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter