Yacht Club view help needed

lomillerin

DIS Veteran
Yacht Club-Club level
We just booked a YC club level room for 6 nights starting June 18th. We booked standard view and I understand that can be a roof, parking lot etc.
We really could use the daybed. I will be requesting a daybed-I know it is just a request.

I also would like to request the best view possible in my category but what is that? I really prefer not look at AC units or mechanicals. Any request suggestions?

Last edited:
Yacht Club-Club level
We just booked a YC club level room for 6 nights starting June 18th. We booked standard view and I understand that can be a roof, parking lot etc.
it is me, DH, 21 year old son and 14 year old DD. We really could use the daybed. I will be requesting a daybed-I know it is just a request.

I also would like to request the best view possible in my category but what is that? I really prefer not look at AC units or mechanicals. Any request suggestions?

If you request near the lounge you will face the front of the resort overlooking the driveway. If you do make that request, I would also put in another for not right next door to the lounge. Someone we know had that room when we were there last August and the noise drove them nuts! Fortunately they were able to move after the first night.

You might want to look into going to a Garden View. They're usually only a few dollars more a night, than a standard view, and the view would be much better.

The garden view is all booked up or we would. I think I might request daybed and facing the resort front. Where could I see a map of what that would mean??

It is my understanding they are all on the same floor too. Stayed standard CL in March. Had a view of the parking lot, could see Disney fireworks, that's about it, but at least your on the upper floor. Enjoyed the stay, and the resort. We had 5 people too, make the daybed your first request and fax the CL too make sure. Have fun, we had a great time!

I am confused by this. Aren't all the rooms on one floor?

Yes, they are all on the 5th floor (along with the lounge). I believe most of the Standard rooms are facing the front of the resort. We've had parking lot views, but honestly they weren't awful since there were some nice trees blocking most of the cars out...

My bad. Answering too fast - just don't ask to be right below lounge -it is unbearably noisy early in the morning - 6a,am early! But the resort is lovely.

Yes, they are all on the 5th floor (along with the lounge). I believe most of the Standard rooms are facing the front of the resort. We've had parking lot views, but honestly they weren't awful since there were some nice trees blocking most of the cars out...

Thank you.

Last edited:
Thank you. I am not that picky but really dislike looking at a dirty roof or AC units etc... Trees, front entrance would be great.

This is old and out of date but it gives you a general idea:

ycfloorplan_zps24be3e6e.png

As you can see the standard rooms face out the front, you will most likely be looking at the front entrance - it isn't bad. Those other green colored rooms on the back side of the resort I believe have all been reclassified as garden view. This map is very old.

There is a thread with a few samples of YC room views. They are mostly water views/garden view postings so far, but Post #7 has a links to the views from a YC CL SV room if you want to check it out.

Yacht Club Room Views

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter