Yacht Club Pix and Report Sept 08

Mouse Skywalker

<font color=green>The Force is strong with this Po
I'm finally getting around to posting some pictures and news about my adult only weekend at the Yacht Club at the end of September. I was at WDW for a conference at the Contemporary, and my DW joined me for the final weekend. We were moved over to the Yacht Club for the weekend because the Contemporary was full.

I went over to check-in Friday morning at 6:00am. Our room wasn't ready (I wasn't expecting it to be), but they checked me in and gave me a key. While I was driving back to the Contemporary, I received a call on my cell phone saying that we were upgraded to a water view room that was ready now. YIPPEEEE! So I gathered up my wife, and took her over to the Yacht Club.

Here's the view from our room...

DSC02559.jpg

DSC02560.jpg

DSC02561.jpg

In Fittings and Fairings Clothes and Notions
DSC02514.jpg

DSC02515.jpg

In the Lobby:
DSC02530-1.jpg

DSC02531-1.jpg

Notice the names on the drawers
DSC02551-1.jpg

Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Pluto, Goofy

Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos you took!

We love the YC and it's so nice to get to see it again.

I hope you had a wonderful time!:)

We had a great time. I'll be back to post more about our trip, but we really fell in love with the Yacht Club. It was just my DW and I, and we thought the resort was beautiful, elegant, and very relaxing. Stormalong Bay got crowded in the afternoon, but we discovered we could swim there in the morning from 10:00a-12:00p and get out before the crowds hit. If we wanted to swim in the afternoon we would go over to the quiet pool, and it was empty.

We ate dinner and a breakfast at the Captain's Grille, and thought it was great. The service was fantastic, and the food was good too.

Very nice photos! Thanks for sharing them. :thumbsup2

I do have to say though that I'd be bummed if I paid for a water view room and got such a tiny peek at the water. :(

Fabulous pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us. We love the YC and can't wait to go back. Unfortunately, we won't be going back until 2010 but hey we have something to look forward to. Can't wait to read more about your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter