Yacht Club or CBR Pirate Room

Duck143

DIS Veteran
We can book a Garden View room at the YC or the water view Pirate Room at the CBR. We have 2 boys ages 6 and 3. Which one would you choose and why?

Thanks!!!!

Hands down YC.

Pirate Rooms have double beds with more like bunk mattresses. The rooms are brown, brown and brown. The rooms are the farthest from the main hub and if you are going in next year the main hub is completely under construction with temporary food options. Also buildings are being demolished and a 15 story tower being built. CBR is a construction zone. And honestly view doesn't matter since there are no balconies at the moderates and your door opens to outside like a motel.

There really is no comparison.

Hands down YC.

Pirate Rooms have double beds with more like bunk mattresses. The rooms are brown, brown and brown. The rooms are the farthest from the main hub and if you are going in next year the main hub is completely under construction with temporary food options. Also buildings are being demolished and a 15 story tower being built. CBR is a construction zone. And honestly view doesn't matter since there are no balconies at the moderates and your door opens to outside like a motel.

There really is no comparison.

Exactly!

Easy choice!

YC! My boys were a little older than yours their first trip, and they LOVED YC. The room was huge. The balcony was great for me to sit at night with a glass of wine while they watched cartoons. I loved the little table (under the desk) that I could wheel over to sit I between the beds for snacks. The pool was their favorite, especially the slide! And we all loved being able to walk over to Epcot and eat around the world showcase at night.

Added bonus: You're close to Cape May for their breakfast character meal, and to Garden Grill for theirs (an all day character meal). Both offer characters boys should love.

Another bonus: We had a garden view room, and I requested a room close to transportation (which means close to the lobby) as my only request when checking in online. We got a room around the corner from the elevator with a view that overlooked the walkway from the lake to YC...we could see the pool from there AND the lake AND fireworks from Epcot...it was amazing.

I loved our stay at CBR in a pirate room and would do it again. That being said, Yacht club is a major step up which of course comes at a steeper price. If it's in your budget go for it. I have booked Beach club for our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!