Yacht Club Galley review and need recipie

daannzzz

OMG...Theres my favorite scrambled
We needed to go to dinner one night and I figured the Yacht Club Galley would be a moderately priced place with a nice choice on the menu. I had been for breakfast a couple times many years ago and dinner once. WELL, this place changed since the last dinner I had a few years ago. It was a bit more upsclae of a menu and the price was higher than I had anticipated but we had one of our best meal here. Everyone loved the food (except fot the Ceasar Salad which had too much dressing). Pop had a seafood pasta that he loved adn couldn't finish as it was a large portion. Brother had the steak with wine sauce and loved it. I had a nice pork chop with the delicious cauliflower mash. Sister in Law had the afore mentioned Ceaser salad which she said would have been really good with less dressing but was still decent as was served. We also had some good deserts here.
Does anyone have the recipie for the cauliflower mash? I loved that.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for posting

Great review - thanks! We had an excellent lunch at Yacht Club Galley earlier this month.

I don't have the recipe for the cauliflower mash, but maybe another DISer will post it. :)

""I don't have the recipe for the cauliflower mash, but maybe another DISer will post it. ""
:) That is what I was hoping. I found a couple of cauliflower mash recipies online but would like to start with the one from the Yacht Club.

Thanks for that! I have to agree - The Yacht Club Galley is excellent. We too had lunch there ,last year. and it was one of the best meals we have ever had in WDW.

Maggs

I am confused for some reason...is that the lounge area adjacent to the Yachtsman's Steakhouse? We peeked in there and decided we wanted to dine in there one night, but we never made it. It had a cozier atmosphere that the actual steakhouse, and I know you can order from the Steakhouse's menu if you wish.

I hope you find the recipe you are looking for, I make mashed cauli quite often and I am curious to see the WDW version. I make mine by steaming or boiling the cauli til very soft (along with a few cloves of garlic), then putting in the food processor with a dollop of FF plain yogurt and generous salt and pepper. Of course, I make it trying to be health conscious. If you just wanted it to taste delicious, you could use sour cream, or add butter and/or cream.

The one cauliflower mash recipie I found online had cream, cream cheese and butter!!!! I was hoping that the one I ate was a little more healthy than that! ;) Your recipie sounds really easy. Thanks.

PS:
The lounge you saw next to the Yachtsman Steakhouse is called the Crew's Cup Lounge. I think you can get food there. Yach Club Galley is the large restaurant in Whites, pinks and blues that opens up onto the hallway as you walk from the lobby to the lounge and steak house.

I didn't eat the cauliflower mash but have heard good things about it. I had the club sandwich- yum.

BTW-- Special Thanks to server Shane for being so attentive to Mom, Dad, Sis, Great Uncle Fred, Great Aunt Betty, and me!!!

Here is a huge virtual tip, Shane!!!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Thanks for your review. We plan to eat at the YC Galley in January for the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter