(X)Apple Braised Chicken - Ww

DznyDreams

A DREAM IS A WISH YOUR HEART MAKES . . .
I wasn't sure about this one at first, but knowing that apples and chicken are a terrific metabolism booster, I gave it a try. It was DELICIOUS. I found it on the WW website, but I thought I'd share it with you DIS WW's anyway....just in case you don't visit that site.

APPLE BRAISED CHICKEN

POINTS per serving: 5
Recipe yeilds 4 servings

Ingredients:

2 tsp vegetable oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast(s), four 4 oz pieces
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 large onion(s), sliced
2 medium apple(s), firm, cored and sliced
1 cup apple cider
1 cup fat-free chicken broth
1/2 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp cornstarch

Directions:

1. In a large, heavy-bottomed skillet, warm oil over high heat. Toss chicken with flour in a medium bowl, patting off excess. Place chicken in skillet and brown well on both sides. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.

2. Reduce stove temperature to low and add onion to skillet. Sauté, stirring often, until onion is tender and lightly browned.

3. Stir in apples, cider, chicken broth, salt, ginger and chicken. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer chicken, onions and apples to a serving dish.

4. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 2 to 3 tablespoons of pan juices. Combine cornstarch mixture with remaining pan juices, whisking constantly. Simmer for one minute. Pour sauce over chicken and serve. Yields 1 chicken breast and about 3/4 cup of apple-onion mixture per serving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter