Wyndham Dolphin's Cove

kikismom

DIS Veteran
Hi all. We have Wyndham Dolphin's Cove booked for later this year with some friends who have a timeshare. We are running into a weird thing. When we Google map the hotel and look at satellite image it shows different pools than the official site shows. The Google images don't show the pools that the property shows on the website. Not that this is a big deal but it's just really weird. Has anyone stayed there before? If so how was it?

It’s an older property, but we enjoyed it. It was gated which concerned us at first (like, why is it gated?!?) but we didn’t feel unsafe. The property reminded us maybe of a condominium complex? So lots of separate buildings with outdoor walkways. We stayed in a one bedroom and were happy with it. It was kind of annoying that it was really warm when we went and the air unit was in the main part of the condo so the bedroom was much warmer. But it had a ceiling fan at least. The pool was decent. (We stayed probably four years ago, so don’t know if they have made changes since then.)

Thanks! I'm a bit nervous now about the AC not being in bedrooms. We have a 3 bedroom unit and are going when it will probably be pretty hot.

I see what you mean. The pool shape is different. I would trust the Wyndham website pictures. When I google my own house, it shows a lot of trees that I haven't had in several years. I think the pools were likely updated since the google satellite pictures were taken.

We have stayed at Dolphins Cove many times over the last say 10 years. The property grounds are very nice. The Pool area was recently re done a couple of years ago and it is very nice now. Two large hot tubs on each end of the pool are great. They have BBQ's available to use through out the property as well as a little miniature golf course that is free to use. They have been putting split systems in the properties so almost all of them have air conditioning at this point.

I attached a couple of pictures of the current pool.

Overall the rooms are average but they are spacious and have full kitchens.

A Couple of things to keep in mind.

There is not daily service to your room. They don't come and change your towels for you or anything. (I think you can add it but it costs more)

There is no washer/dryer in the rooms. They do have on site laundry which is free to use.

Wifi is pretty slow unless you pay for the upgraded Wifi.

If you have a car, to get your parking pass they send you to the kiosk where they will try and pressure you into a time share presentation. Its annoying.

There is a Dennys next door and you can catch the ART bus right around the corner if Disney is back open. IMO, it is to far to walk to and from the Park.

Thank you for the pictures! We are pretty excited to go with our friends. I'm going to let her know now that the Google map images are the correct ones. Our kiddos are going to love that pool.

The last time we stayed there was 5 years ago. It's a hike to the park but the Toy Story lot is literally right behind the complex.

We used to own there and liked it a lot. I don't remember it being too hot. We prefer to uber to the parks or drove when we had our AP with parking. Walking to the toy story lot or waiting for the ART wasn't awesome, especially at the end of the day.

We used to own there and liked it a lot. I don't remember it being too hot. We prefer to uber to the parks or drove when we had our AP with parking. Walking to the toy story lot or waiting for the ART wasn't awesome, especially at the end of the day.

I think we'll probably stick to Ubering. I mapped it to where they were dropping off last March at the Toy Story lot and even if we are at the closest corner of the buildings it will still be half a mile to our room. That's doable in the morning but at the end of a long day no way!

Toy story lot is still a long walk IMO, we were going to do it but then decided to do the ART bus instead. Which is fine. The only issue I had with the ART bus stop was that there was a homeless guy sleeping on the bench by Dennys where you get picked up and he was blasting music with tons of explicit lyrics. I confronted him about it since there were little kids there and it really was ridiculous and he just pulled out his phone and started recording me asking if I was going to hit him etc.

I talked to the police that were working at the bus drop off at disneyland and they told me there is nothing they can do about it and welcome to California. That was the only day we had an issue with him and we were there for 7 days but anaheim needs to deal with those issues more. I get being homeless but blasting gangster rap really loud at one of the bus pickup points should fall under disturbing the peace or something you would think.

If using rideshares, been dropped off at the Disneyland Hotel may also be an option. During normal times, the lines at Security on that side of the parks were typically much shorter than at the Harbor entrance although it is a longer walk to the park gates.
Things may be dramatically different when the parks reopen of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter