Wyndham Cypress Palms or Villas at Summer Bay

travelbugs

Earning My Ears
Okay...we are heading to FL for 2 weeks (Nov 30-Dec 14). I have to pick between Wyndham Cypress Palms (which I believe used to be Fairfield) and the Villas at Summer Bay (not the Inn and not the condos). So I need some input. Has anyone one stayed at either and what is wonderful or horrible about them. I have a 13, 11 and 8 year old and we will be doing Disney and Sea World.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lisa

We stayed at both last October 2007, hands down we preferred Summer Bay, it is a true resort that is beautiful inside and out, and the cleanliness was superb!! The villas units at Summer Bay are smaller than the Cypress Palms units, they are very roomy, but the resort(Wyndham) has a strange layout, mostly a parking lot with a pool area, lake, playground and clubhouse behind the units. The staff also was not as friendly.
Summer Bays villas have the small waterpark right behind the units, which is very convenient. It probably won't thrill your 13 year old, but my 8 and 10 year old enjoyed it.
Wyndham is closer to WDW, by about 4-5 miles.
They both have organized activities for kids.
Summer Bay charges for internet access
but in the shopping area there is a public library with free access.
Wyndham had free access in the clubhouse and free hot chocolate, which the kids loved.
SUmmer Bay had better activities for the kids, free balloon creations, diving for tokens, scavenger hunt and face painting, all for free.
Summer Bay also offered a free family portrait, with no obligation, we ended up buying a disc though, because we thought the photos were great!
Wyndham offers a kids checkin with free slushies.
I think with the ages of your kids, Summer Bay has more to offer, they have a huge pool, game room, boats and lake activities, like a moon bounce thing and a climbing wall, there are fees for these things. Lots of grounds to explore, like the bridge to nowhere, which we had a big laugh about! Lots of sidewalks. Also a fishing dock. Summer Bay reminds us of Old Key West resort at WDW.

If you have any more questions, I would be happy to answer them. We can't wait to go back!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!