• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wyndham Bonnet Creek FEE now $5 PER PERSON, PER TRIP -- see Post #147

Check out post #134

Dear Guest:

As a result of recent feedback, the Bonnet Creek Home Owners Association has reversed the recently communicated $12 per unit / per day transportation fee at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. Beginning March 1, 2013, transportation fees will only be applied to individuals who use the Walt Disney World® Resort shuttles at the resort.

We remain committed to delivering exceptional Count On Me! service and creating vacation memories for you and your family and friends.

Thank you for your continued feedback and ongoing support. We look forward to your stay at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort.

Sincerely,
Richard Scinta, Resort Manager
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

this is confirmed, I got the same email as post 134 from VS today around 3:00pm central. we are going mid march.

Although, the fee did not bother me, this is good news.

There is some info on TUG saying the new "transportation fee" will be $5 per day, per person, for those who choose to use WBC's shuttle buses. This info is 2nd, 3rd, or 4th hand, so I don't know if it is accurate.

It frankly doesn't sound very practical to implement to me.

We'll see.

I just got the same email
:cool1:

Dear Owner

As a result of recent feedback, the Bonnet Creek Home Owners Association has reversed the recently communicated $12 per unit / per day transportation fee for guests staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. Beginning March 1, 2013, transportation fees will only be applied to individuals who use the Walt Disney World® Resort shuttles at the resort.

We remain committed to delivering exceptional Count On Me! service and creating vacation memories for you and your family and friends.

Thank you for your continued feedback and ongoing support. We look forward to helping you get on your next vacation.

Sincerely,

On behalf of the Board of Directors of

Bonnet Creek Resort Vacation Condominium Association, Inc.

The rumored $5 fee for the shuttle appears to be correct. The Wyndham Bonnet Creek website now states: "Daily round-trip shuttle from the lobby to the Walt Disney World® Resort for a fee."

According to several independent inquiries to WBC, the fee is effective March 1, and will be $5 per person, per round trip, with only kids under 3 years exempt.

The fee will apparently be paid by everyone, including Wyndham Bonnet Creek owners themselves. The resort manager stated that they have no way to identify WBC owners, so they'll pay too.

This fee is going to be a hardship on some families. For example, a family of four (with no kids <3) will pay $20 per round trip. Want to go to DTD for dinner? Another $20 please.

Larger groups staying in a 3 or 4 bedroom would be better off renting cars and paying Disney's parking fee.

Thanks for the update, Jim.

While that's great for those who weren't going to use the shuttles, it's a tough break for those who were (renters and owners alike).

As you say, some people may find its better to rent a car. But if enough people make that choice, the shuttle service will be in danger of not generating enough revenue to continue operating. I guess we'll have to wait and see how this plays out.

Since my kids are so far apart in age, we don't always leave the parks at the same time. Usually several nights in our trip, I'll stay with my girls while DH takes the little boys back. If I'm going to have to pay $5 per person just to ride the bus back then I'll just take a taxi and not have to stick to their schedule.

I love the resort, but I really need the flexibility of the buses. DH prefers to stay onsite so we can just use the buses exclusively. Looks like our trip in a few weeks might be our last one at Bonnet Creek.

so now instead of removing the fee they are actually raising it? For our family of 5 that would be 25 bucks per trip..thank goodness we are renting a car...but it makes me nervous for how many more times this will change before our trip ugh

There are some on the TUG forum thread who have said they have called and the new fee is $5/person per day, not R/T. Not sure if that is true or not.

I am glad that those who don't use the shuttle are no longer subsidizing those who do, but whew, that price is a bit steep if you don't have a rental car!

So for a family of 5, that's $25 a day to use the shuttle. For a week that would be $175. With the "old" $12/day fee, the same family would have paid $84.00 for the week.

So this is a WIN for the families who rent cars and a bummer for those who don't.

On my last trip, we used the shuttle occasionally. If the $5/person/day is the actual cost, I think we'd only use it as a last resort (some people want to go back to a park at night and they aren't authorized to use the rental car or something...)

I called the WBC front desk again this morning and again this afternoon. Both times i was assured the fee was $12 per day per unit only if shuttle was used. This is the same information that was sent out by email. The email was from Richard Scinta, WBC Resort manager on 2/16. I sure wish all these rumors would stop.

I called the WBC front desk again this morning and again this afternoon. Both times i was assured the fee was $12 per day per unit only if shuttle was used. This is the same information that was sent out by email. The email was from Richard Scinta, WBC Resort manager on 2/16. I sure wish all these rumors would stop.

Unfortunately this is a developing situation which results in not all the front line employees having the latest information.

ORIGINALLY.... The Rumor of the $12/per day fee surfaced. Richard Scinta then sent out an email over a few days in the first part of the month confirming the $12/per day fee per unit occupied by a non WBC or Club Access owners. This caused a major uproar from other Wyndham Resort owners (and those who trade in via RCI) who felt the discriminatory way which fee was applied was unfair and had the potential to completely break the way the Wyndham Point system was designed/sold.

the Uproar prompted the HOA to change the plans. (I'm betting there was some pressure applied to them from Wyndham Corporate). richard Scinta then sent another email over the past week informing people of the fact the original $12/per day per Unit fee was not being implemented and that a new fee would instead be applied effective March 1st.

The $5/per day per person who uses the shuttle is the rumor of what the rethought fee structure is going to be. As of yet, there hasn't been an official notice from Wyndham (that I'm aware of) confirming the $5 per person/day fee, and since it's not scheduled to be implemented until at least the 1st, we don't have any confirmation on how it's going to be applied/enforced as of yet.

that being said... at this point, the $12 per unit per day fee is effectively dead and not going to happen. This much at the very least is confirmed based off Richard's 2nd email sent to owners/reservation holders.

(Personally, I'm thinking this new fee falls a bit into the "be careful what you wish for [the elimination of the $12 per unit fee), because you may get your wish and be given something worse instead" zone. )

Does anyone have a copy of the second email from Richard Scinta stating they are in fact implementing a fee ?? I have yet to see anyone post this email. I guess until I get the email or someone on 3/1 checks in and can confirm this I will still consider it a rumor.
Hoping for the best

Does anyone have a copy of the second email from Richard Scinta stating they are in fact implementing a fee ?? I have yet to see anyone post this email. I guess until I get the email or someone on 3/1 checks in and can confirm this I will still consider it a rumor.
Hoping for the best

This is the second email. It doesn't mention the $5 amount, so I'm currently looking at that as a as-yet-unconfirmed Rumor.... although i consider it a rumor with a high likelihood of being true once official or first hand reports start coming in to confirm it. Richard Does mention that a new fee will be implemented for only those who actually use the transportation.

Dear Owner:

As a result of recent feedback, the Bonnet Creek Home Owners Association has reversed the recently communicated $12 per unit / per day transportation fee for guests staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. Beginning March 1, 2013, transportation fees will only be applied to individuals who use the Walt Disney World® Resort shuttles at the resort.

Thank you for your continued feedback and ongoing support. We look forward to helping you get on your next vacation.

Sincerely,
On behalf of the Board of Directors of
Bonnet Creek Resort Vacation Condominium Association, Inc.

6277 Sea Harbor Drive, Orlando, FL 32821

Darn - we're checking in 2/24 & out 3/1. Guess this means we're still stuck w/the charge even though we won't be using the shuttle??

Darn - we're checking in 2/24 & out 3/1. Guess this means we're still stuck w/the charge even though we won't be using the shuttle??
No, it doesn't mean that at all. It means you won't be paying any fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter