WWYD: Flight based on schedule or price?

Which flight should I choose?

• Airtran: Cheaper flight

• Jet Blue: Better schedule

Results are only viewable after voting.

JennG

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
Dilemma: Airtran has the cheapest flight right now (sale ending today), but hubby wants to take JetBlue since he's heard it's roomier, nicer, etc. I think it might have to do with the DirecTV:rolleyes1 Anyway, if we fly JB, it will cost over $300 more but the return flight gets in around 7:30 pm, which is closer to our boys' bedtime. AT's return flight doesn't get in until almost 10:30. We're paying for 3 tickets as youngest DS will be in my lap. I know AT will charge us $15/bag each way too. They're both non-stop flights.

So....WWYD? Take the earlier flight and suck up the extra cost? Or take the later flight and have more $ to spend on something else fun for the trip (like souvenirs, character breakfasts, DxDP, etc)?

TIA!

Airtran, in a heartbeat. I fly Airtran quite often though so it would be my airline of choice. Use that $300 you're saving to upgrade to business class if there is still space when you check in. Your hubby will fall in love with it.

Unless you are doing something the next day, I wouldn't pay $300 to get your kids to bed at a certain time on your return. They can sleep on the plane or in the car on the way home.

I usually opt for convenience over price unless the difference is significant, but this is a hard one to call. Not sure $300 is worth it just to get in 3 hours earlier. Oh wait, I forgot about the DirecTV. :happytv: Nope, still probably not worth it. I'm definitely one who's willing to pay more for extra convenience. For example, we live almost exactly between two major airports (O'Hare in Chicago and Mitchell in Milwaukee) and we always fly out of Milwaukee even though it costs more than flying out of O'Hare just because Milwaukee is so much easier to get in and out of. You really just need to weigh the extra cost with the extra convenience and decide if it's worth it to you. And then factor in what else you could spend the $300 on (nice meal, extra souvenir, maybe a WDW tour...) and decide if you'd enjoy that more. If it were me, I'd save the $300 on flights and spend it at the World. That'd be way more enjoyable to me over getting home 3 hours earlier. The way airlines operate, you always run the risk of any flight being delayed anyway, so you could end up paying an extra $300 expecting to get home early and you end up getting home at the same time you would have otherwise. 3 hours just isn't worth it. It's too small of a margin. And for what it's worth, we always fly Airtran to Orlando and have always been more than satisfied.

For our family, it would be Airtran without thinking twice.

We have flown on Airtran several times and never had any complaints at all. The savings of $300 is pretty significant - if it were $50 or something I might discount it, but there is a lot I can do with $300. Even with the checked baggage fees, it is a significant savings.

For us, the three hour later flight is a bonus. That is 3 more hours you get to spend at WDW! Yes, your kids will be a little more tired the next day. However, after a trip to WDW, they are going to be exhausted anyway. The kids can sleep on the plane or in the car, I'd take the extra time at WDW.

For me, leaving Orlando later in the day would be a bonus! I like AirTran just fine, and would rather save the $300.

Thanks all! We've flown Airtran to Orlando before and they are very good. Last trip, the flight down was sold out so we flew USAir - never again. They were so rude, the flight to our connecting city was late, we barely made our connection (and they made it seem like it was our fault), they ripped our stroller bag,....ugh.

Guess I'm just concerned since we'll have a lap child (15 mos), and a 4 yr old getting in so late. We did it before when the older one was 2, and that was a little hairy (according to DH).

Guess I'll just tell hubby he can deal with it LOL.

Definitely open to hearing from anyone else!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter