Writing to the Characters

HollyJoy

DIS Veteran
So I probably should have checked here before actually doing it, but no harm I guess. I found on Pinterest that your child can write to a character (address is that of Disney Communications) and in return, they will receive an autographed photo of that character. Just wondering if this is in fact true. My daughter drew a picture for Ariel, and one for Rapunzel. We mailed them off. I was smart enough not to tell her to expect anything in return though! lol

I did this with my second grade class. We did gett a reply, but in our case, even though we mailed each letter separately (to various characters), we got one class letter from Mickey and 24 postcards with all the friends (Mickey, Donald, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy) and their "autographs" It took 4-5 weeks to come back, it was a generic letter with no reference to anything they said in their letter. That being said, the kids LOVED getting mail from Disney and I will definitely do it agaain next year.

I did this with my second grade class. We did gett a reply, but in our case, even though we mailed each letter separately (to various characters), we got one class letter from Mickey and 24 postcards with all the friends (Mickey, Donald, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy) and their "autographs" It took 4-5 weeks to come back, it was a generic letter with no reference to anything they said in their letter. That being said, the kids LOVED getting mail from Disney and I will definitely do it agaain next year.

I'm sure my daughter will love any response she may get! :) Good to know that you did get some kind of response!

I do the opposite. I type my soon to be three year old letters in disney font fromm characters like Mickey, Goofy, Woody, etc. He gets a kick out of it. It'll be a sad day when he realizes they are fake.

I do the opposite. I type my soon to be three year old letters in disney font fromm characters like Mickey, Goofy, Woody, etc. He gets a kick out of it. It'll be a sad day when he realizes they are fake.

I think I'm going to do this for my daughter!! Except I am going to have the characters suggest things like "clean your room every night!" and "Help daddy do the dishes!" And maybe even "if you mow the lawn, we'll love you even more!" haha

I saw that same post on Pinterest and we gave it a try. My daughter sent a picture and letter to rapunzel, she didn't get an autographed picture back, but she did get a a postcard of the (cartoon) princess on it. :)

I think I'm going to do this for my daughter!! Except I am going to have the characters suggest things like "clean your room every night!" and "Help daddy do the dishes!" And maybe even "if you mow the lawn, we'll love you even more!" haha

This is a great idea!

Love it! I think I'm going to 'steal' this idea!

So I probably should have checked here before actually doing it, but no harm I guess. I found on Pinterest that your child can write to a character (address is that of Disney Communications) and in return, they will receive an autographed photo of that character. Just wondering if this is in fact true. My daughter drew a picture for Ariel, and one for Rapunzel. We mailed them off. I was smart enough not to tell her to expect anything in return though! lol

Did you use address:
Walt Disney World Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter