Wrist Bands - DVC exclusive hours/counter

TagsMissy

It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.
We're members and we've gotten our wristbands during the exclusive DVC times along with the guests that were in the villa with us.

On our next trip we have friends who are renting points for their own villa, do you know if they have access to get the bands early with us b/c they are on points (like free parking) or do they need to be actual members?

For the life of me I can't remember if we had to show our DVC card or not.

If you are on a points reservation you can get your wrist bands early.

The only time you might get asked to show your DVC card is to get a discount. Otherwise you are never asked.

FOLLOWING!

So these are the daily wrist bands for the pool etc? Is is same day or the day before etc?

The official policy is that you are supposed to present your DVC card or a previous day’s DVC wristband. In practice we never saw them check. The exclusive DVC line was always longer than the line at rainbow reef so we used that the other days.

FOLLOWING!

So these are the daily wrist bands for the pool etc? Is is same day or the day before etc?

Each day you get a new band for the pool/access to use the seating at the beach.

Each day you get a new band for the pool/access to use the seating at the beach.

And they are different colors every day. The DVC ones have a bit of sparkle to them. All you have to show to get your wristbands is your room key. The key shows that you are staying DVC so you do not have to actually show your DVC member card when get pool wristbands.

Thanks for the information - I didn't realise that we'd need bands every day until I checked out the Dis.

Thanks for the information - I didn't realise that we'd need bands every day until I checked out the Dis.

Yes and everyone needs to get their own, even kids. You can not send 1 person down to get it for the group. They are very strict about this. But you get your towels at the same place.

Yes and everyone needs to get their own, even kids. You can not send 1 person down to get it for the group. They are very strict about this. But you get your towels at the same place.
And they will give you as many towels as you need, I.e. each person doesn’t have to get their own. At least that’s a touch easier.

before we were DVC owners at Aulani, we rented points for our first trip. We were able to get our bands early and they gave us the glitter DVC members bands. No limit on towels. We even had cast members give us the DVC discounts on food and merch. We never asked for the discount...they just saw our wrist bands and gave us the discount. We felt really weird about it as we know your suppose to show your members card and we were not really DVC members (just renting DVC points).
However, now that we are members we find the DVC perks hit or miss with cast members. Some give them to you when asking. And other follow the rules and request to see our DVC membership card.

do you have to get the wrist bands? i hate wearing those things

Just have them put yours on loose. I hate having something tight on and so I asked them to make it as loose as possible and they did it for me every day. It was tight enough to not fall off just walking or swimming, but I could work it off when I needed to.

Where is the DVC band and regular band spots located and what time are they usually open each morning?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter