wrapped presents on a airplane

DisneyPhD

<font color=peach>Too old is when you stop breathi
Hello, we are planing for our upcoming trip to WDW in March 2003 and based on good advice from this board we plan to bring some new small toys to amuse ou almost 2 year old DD on the plane. I heard wraping them for the child to open is a good way to "draw out the suprise and play time."

Has anyone does this and does serurity have a problem with this? Anyone have to open then to pass security or or given grief post 911?

Mrs. PhD

I've read that it is not a good idea to wrap gifts for air travel as they will be opened for inspection if deemed necessary.

At Christmastime the airlines
stressed the importance of
NOT wrapping presents as
they may be opened at the
security points. That was
whether is was in checked
bags or carry-ons.
How about "wrapping"
them without tape in just
a plastic bag.
I always put brand new
things in my kid's backpacks,
but also stick a few in mine
or the luggage for the return
trip. I only let them have one
thing out at a time on the
plane and always make them
stow the backpack and not
let them leave it on the
seat with them.
Have a great trip!

I don't have the link for the new security, but we just traveled over New Years and it was in literature they gave out and on their website not to have anything wrapped.
You could put the items in small gift bags with a bit of tissue paper over them. That way they can be easily looked at if necessary. Also, a bag and a piece of tissue papaer becomes something else your child can play with instead of just trash you have to discard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter