WPE 2 locations

JasonDVC

DIS Veteran
I was just looking at a map of DTD and noticed that there are 2 WPE locations. One at the Cafe on West Side and another near Rainforest in the Marketplace.

Is there much difference between the 2? I'm guessing the food is the same and they both accept the DDP.

TIA :thumbsup2

Yes, there is a lot of difference between the two.

The Marketplace location is larger, has indoor seating, and has a more extensive menu.

Both do accept DDP as a counter service.

As far as I know they are both called Wolfgang Puck Express.

There are indeed two cafes...one on the West Side and one in the Marketplace. I have eaten in both...won't be returning to the West Side location ever again. I had the same thing at both locations, 4 days apart. What I had really enjoyed at the Marketplace WPE, I hated at the West Side WPE!!! Didn't taste the same at all. Hated the lack of plentiful seating..it was just not a good experience.
I love the Marketplace location though. It's a must do on every trip...sometimes twice!!

There use to be a big difference in the menu but they changed the menu of the WPExpress that was attached to the TS WP. We use to get the the chicken or ribs at the CS but they changed it last year to pizza (very good pizza) salads and sandwiches. Still good food but not the great menu offers from years past.

I have been wondering the same thing! I noticed that on Allears the menus for the 2 locations are different. We were planning on eating at the West side location on the day that we were at Disney Quest, but it sounds like the Marketplace location is better quality. Is it worth the walk over to Marketplace from the West Side?

Interesting that the food and menus are so much different. This is where will be eating on arrival day this coming Thursday. Sounds like the marketplace location is the one to visit. :thumbsup2

My girlfriend and I learned the difference between the two Wolfgang Puck Express locations in December 2008.

I knew of the restaurant in the Marketplace because it consistently received such rave reviews on the Internet. It quickly became my favorite counter service restaurant on property. I knew there was a full-service Wolfgang Puck Cafe on the West Side, not realizing there was also another Wolfgang Puck Express.

My girlfriend, whose parents live in Tampa, was secretly planning on meeting me at Disney to spend the night. It was a college vacation, so we had not seen each other in a couple weeks.

She loves Disney like I do, but she is no expert. When she arrived at Downtown Disney, she simply looked for Wolfgang Puck Express on a map and wound up waiting on the West Side. And waiting. And waiting. I, of course, wasn't there. I was happily munching on dinner in the Marketplace.

So much for the surprise element. She ultimately had to tell me that she was waiting for me at Wolfgang Puck Express and that I wasn't there. I had to tell her she was in the wrong place.

It's the thought that counts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter