WOW! THAT HURT!

Yes, I am not looking forward to that. My time will be coming in January. Good for you though!

:) I upgraded to an AP in October since I have 2 more trips within the 12 months. So I bought in 2 stages - a 10 day park hopper from UT first, then the upgrade, so it hurt less that way. Not sure if I will renew next October. I have used up my old 10 day non-expiring tickets I had for short trips so I will have to carefully do the math.

2018 we paid $850 each for 3 AP's ($2550).
Today it'd be $1120 ($3360).
No Thanks, probably better for us anyway. We'll now spend half the money at WDW overall. Passes drew us to visit more often and made it a priority to allocate money for WDW trips. Now there's no rush for trips and no value lost when deciding to go elsewhere.

So far it looks sustainable 🤷‍♀️
But it was disingenuous when they said prices increases were needed to thin the crowds, then cut park hours and staff to reduce op/ex making it more crowded again. EEMH worked well to disburse guests over a park day, 5 hours across 4 parks in a day made a huge difference. So conversely, trimming hours here and there will make an appreciable difference in how crowded it feels. Running only one side of certain rides for the first 2 hours makes the wait build to 90+ minutes well before noon, when running both sides would keep the wait under an hour. If they're so concerned about crowds affecting guest experience...
Bob, expand the hours 🤪

Yea , it's kind of crazy - we didn't renew last year, and as a PP said - just doing one long trip this year once the kids finish school

Yea , it's kind of crazy - we didn't renew last year, and as a PP said - just doing one long trip this year once the kids finish school
They change their strategy, we change ours. It takes a while for reactions catch up. There is no shortage of people visiting and spending larger budgets than their old habits due to increases and upcharge options, but there are also people who will choose alternatives so as not to expand their budget. Expense is getting crazy for me to rationalize.

I'm not sure how long they'll be able to continue raising the costs? Interest will probably increase more before it ever dips again. All the new developments on the horizon at the parks will draw us in. Disney+ is brilliant at deepening the connections we feel to the brand. But if they expect me to pay thousands a day at the park for my family, ain't gonna happen :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter