• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wow, some of the CS menus at some Disney resorts are really bad. Do your research before heading out.

I found this out the hard way. We were staying at Pop Century a few weeks ago, ordered pizza and thought they could at least drive over to our SECTION and we meet them downstairs.

Nope.. got the call from the lobby. Had to walk from the 90s computer section all the way to the lobby to get it. I earned my damn pizza that night.

If I ever order food when I travel, I always meet them in the lobby. As a woman, it is not smart to let someone know what room you are in. I know most men don't have to think about their safety in that way. But I would caution everyone to be safe.

Although there was not much to choose from, everything we ate at the Riviera quick service was delicious. The Croque Monsieur was my go to but the pizzas were also nice. If you're at YC/BC and the gondola is running (it closes during storms), it's a very short gondola ride away.

I don't mind that they have a limited menu. What I mind is the quality of the food that they are putting out. You can sell a decent ham sandwich, just use good quality ingredients.

Disney Springs looks good, so does the take out at the Fort Wilderness. FW looks just awesome. And Riviera looks good too. I do have table service meals booked for three days for breakfast, then in the evening head out to get something good. Lunch is what is concerning me the most. This trip is planned to be a relaxing, enjoy SAB mostly trip. We will not be leaving for lunch, so I have to get that figured out.

Blame free dining. But, currently, just COVID due to low attendance.

I don't blame free dining. I blame the horrible American palate that actually puts up with that crap. If enough people complained about the poor food, they would change it. In fact it is the opposite, every time they add something decent, people complain how they want their crappy burgers. Look at the comments when Pecos Bill changed to tex mex. There were plenty on the boards that were whining about wanting their burger back, even though Cosmic Rays still had burgers.

I know that at Disney, as well as most restaurants in Orlando and the surrounding areas, all the menus have been cut back... I think that its like this across the country... ?

Due to all the restrictions that are in place... Less people allowed in = less people working in the kitchen and on the floor.... so something has to get cut out... From what I can tell... most things that take alot of prep, or lengthy cooking times are on hold right now...
Agree. All the restaurants around here have pared down their menus significantly----all the ones that are open. Some were never able to reopen. Just couldn't open with 25% or less. Quite a few restaurants went out of business a couple of my favorites. A lot of other types of businesses went out of business too.

Disney Springs looks good, so does the take out at the Fort Wilderness. FW looks just awesome. And Riviera looks good too. I do have table service meals booked for three days for breakfast, then in the evening head out to get something good. Lunch is what is concerning me the most. This trip is planned to be a relaxing, enjoy SAB mostly trip. We will not be leaving for lunch, so I have to get that figured out.
You do know there is still a pandemic--it has not ended yet, even in Florida.

Not only that, these CS with limited menus tend to run out of items now too? So imagine we're staying at Beach Club last week and by the time we think to mobile order from the place, they're down to just 1 panini entree as an option. 1
That's the first I have read that. NOw that is really helpful info. Need to know.
Thanks for posting it.

We noticed the same thing on our trip. We actually only ate out a few times. We stayed in a DVC this trip and made most of our meals in the room. We did two table service meals and order QS from the resort twice and ate two QS meals in the park. So 6 meals from Disney during a weeklong trip. We saved a lot but I didn’t plan on cooking so much on vacation. Glad we had the option though.
With the age of your kids, I bet you had to cook in volume as well as frequency, haha.

That's the first I have read that. NOw that is really helpful info. Need to know.
Thanks for posting it.

Yes! This was the Market at Ale & Compass. We were all in for those Cuban Sandwiches.. by the time 8pm rolled around and we went to order, the only option was the chicken panini. :sad2:

😂😂😂

we just had our 18 year old with us. I can’t do WDW with all of them anymore. Too many schedules and they are spread in too many states.
oh, I'm sorry. I know how much you must want to sometimes have them all again. (and maybe all 10 years younger again too.):sad: oh the joy of going when they are young, sigh.

Its standardized now. We still enjoy munching around the world in Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter